Where we at with the NHL or the Ice Hockey in general?

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
It's always been my favorite sport, which is odd for a spic like me, but something about it just makes it easy to pay attention to.

ESPN apparently has the rights this season for the NHL for the first time in almost 20 years. So now I can watch something other than the Ukrainian Hockey League or KHL since I haven't had tv in over 10 years. EPSN+ got the games now.

Are you faggots fans as well?

Sniff

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
I don't really follow it, but it's probably the only sporting event that's still fun to watch live
Yup. I think it's because there's not as much pause in the action like the football, baseball, and basketball.

Substitutes are done on the fly and things move fast.

Even at the professional level when you expect more breaks (for ads and what not) it's nothing compared to the others.

Grew up playing AA and AAA before playing junior A and making a push for the pros out here in the desert. Greatest sport in the world. Players are more tough than any other team sport. Nonsense and dirty play is policed by the players themselves through throwing down like fucking men. There's a comradery in hockey that doesn't exist in other sports. First hockey game I went to was Gretzky kings vs theoren fleurys flames back in 93. I picked the flames as my team and am fucking stuck with their perpetual mediocrity now. My hometown pick three years later would have been the coyotes, which would be even worse. Matt Tkachuk is fucking entertaining

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

DON'T INTERRUPT ME CUNT
Games go by so fast watching, years ago when directv first came out in mid 90's you could get NHL games that were just Canadian teams with announcers you never heard of before and they were good, you get sick of same announcers calling games on espn with same five or so American teams, when they did center ice promotion later on would get a first free month of all the teams games

Games go by so fast watching, years ago when directv first came out in mid 90's you could get NHL games that were just Canadian teams with announcers you never heard of before and they were good, you get sick of same announcers calling games on espn with same five or so American teams, when they did center ice promotion later on would get a first free month of all the teams games
With NBC sports you could have sworn there were only five teams in the league

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

DON'T INTERRUPT ME CUNT
With NBC sports you could have sworn there were only five teams in the league
Yep, until playoffs then they had no choice, sometimes for a change I would watch Canadian games with French speaking announcers, I didn't understand a word of it, when you know the players,teams and what players are doing on ice it really didn't matter

Monk

Hockey is the only sport where I like two pro teams. My original team was the Avs because the Blackhawks sucked for most of my life but I hopped on the Hawks bandwagon back when they won the Cup against the Flyers. Avs are good again and the Blackhawks suck so I'm claiming fandom of both. If they were to meet in the playoffs I'd be happy either way but I doubt it will happen.

Live hockey is fun too. The city I live in has a USHL team and it's fun going to games. Cheap too. I get the $14 general admission ticket and stand or grab a seat if one looks open. The arena is pretty small so paying $20+ to sit in tiny ass seats 20 feet closer to the rink isn't worth it.

MonsterSteve

Age.
I watch sports pretty religiously. Football is my favorite followed by Hockey, Basketball and then Baseball. It's why I laugh when Pat tries talking about sports because he's like the woman you take on a date who says she loves going to a game. Yea she knows the teams but couldn't name a player and has no idea what's even happening in the game. Also, I'm watching the Rangers as we speak.

I watch sports pretty religiously. Football is my favorite followed by Hockey, Basketball and then Baseball. It's why I laugh when Pat tries talking about sports because he's like the woman you take on a date who says she loves going to a game. Yea she knows the teams but couldn't name a player and has no idea what's even happening in the game. Also, I'm watching the Rangers as we speak.
Watching it as well. My damn bro is a lucky faggot and chose them as his favorite team back in 93. Kakko is looking fawwwwkin good man. Don't know about Laf at the moment... but Zibby and Panarin are sick too. Preds are fucking washed man. Like commit to the fucking rebuild or they're going to become the calgary flames.

Gay Faggot.

Play a REAL instrument, Millennial DIPSHITS!!!🤣🤣🤣
Always had a soft spot for hockey. Was always friends with the goons in middle school and high school. Still a great sport but, I’m worried they’re gonna start fagging it up since more people will be watching it. I’m not a hardcore fan but every time I hear about it, it’s something about it getting faggier. Talking shit on the ice is just as important as throwing down in that game. The fags will come for both.

Uncle Floyd

"But now you're getting sued kinda stupid"
Used to be a fanatic about it. Watching it, playing it, but something switched off and I don't follow it nearly as much. I never understood why I gave up.

Like every other sport its being pussified where every single fucking collision has to be followed by a Zapruder film level dissection of whether or not he “initiated contact to the head”
Fucking nauseating. And nobody knows how to fight anymore, they just hug each other and fall to the ice in 2 seconds. Hockey fucking ruled up until like the mid-2010s. The Flyers-Penguins series in 2012 was one of the last truly old school ones where every game felt like a street fight

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
The days of Bob Probert and Tie Domi beating the everloving fuck out of each other may be gone, but I gotta admit that theres still more testosterone flowing on an NHL rink than anywhere else these days. You still see toothless dudes fighting, even if it isnt quite as often or as brutal as it was. They’re the toughest guys left in sports and the culture hasnt been overtaken by blacks

MonsterSteve

Age.
Watching it as well. My damn bro is a lucky faggot and chose them as his favorite team back in 93. Kakko is looking fawwwwkin good man. Don't know about Laf at the moment... but Zibby and Panarin are sick too. Preds are fucking washed man. Like commit to the fucking rebuild or they're going to become the calgary flames.
Kakko is hurt at the moment but yea he was looking great before the injury. Laf has 2 goals already and looks great and Zibby and Panarin will inevitably lead the team in goals and assists by the end of the season. The real jewel of this team though is Adam Fox. He's easily the best defensemen in the league and the dude is just a straight up killer in every facet of the game.

JoshFromMichigan

I miss Norm
Growing up in Michigan Wisconsin, hockey was always huge. I used to follow it religiously but somewhere in the early 2000s the NHL started the dump and chase, muck it up in the corner bullshit. That plus the 04 lockout and I stopped watching it. They changed some rules to make the game flow again and I've been following it more and more over the last few years.

I will definitely miss Don Cherry though. Him calling some European player a pussy then talk about how much of a bad ass Bob Probert is was top tier entertainment.

JesseTheGovernor

Access to the Debates
Grew up going back and forth between Canada (Toronto) and the US (Buffalo and Newark), hated the fucking Leafs because of all the little faggots pulling for bum ass Felix Potvin when I was a kid. I chose the Devils as my team because I spent time in the area and I also had the most Devils hockey pogs back in 1993. My brother was a Wings fan and the Devils crushed em in 95 and it hardened my fandom.