• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with the David Cronenberg?

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
Videodrome is one of my favorite movies of all time but his other works are really good too. Even though people only remember the head explosion scene in Scanners that movie is also another great one.

Snake

Forum Clout
I go fawkin deep with The Fly. Always will be my favorite sci fi film even as much as I love The Thing 82'. He wanted to do a true sequel to it like ten years ago and Fox didn't want to give him the money to have practical effects.

Raymond

You will never see my penis
Forum Clout
Of the movies I watched only "A Dangerous Method" seemed actually bad to me. Videodrome still holds up. I saw it again last year or so. Of his lesser movies I really like"Maps to the Stars"

Raymond

You will never see my penis
Forum Clout
1642364814058.png

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
While much more dated than The Matrix I think eXistenZ did the whole "blurring the lines of reality and virtual reality" much better. Shame it came out a month later and was overshadowed by that movie.

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
Forum Clout
Cool thing about Cronenberg is that if you go up to him, in public, and ask him to say the N-word? He'll just say it and go back to whatever he was doing; no questions asked. Even if he's just eating dinner with his family...

Criterion channel has a lot of his old stuff up right now.
That'd be a great rumor to start about every celebrity. "If you ask Reese Witherspoon to say nigger, she absolutely will. No questions asked."

O-BLOCK NIGGA!

Ask me about my cock size
Forum Clout
That'd be a great rumor to start about every celebrity. "If you ask Reese Witherspoon to say nigger, she absolutely will. No questions asked."
This made me laugh harder than my original joke. It's just such a funny concept. Like flagging Jennifer Lopez down while she's jogging near her Hamptons home in Water Mill, asking her to say it, she just says it with no resistance or sanctimony, and goes right back to her jog.

I'm fucking crying laughing thinking about it.

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
Forum Clout
I like his earliest stuff. Not a fan of Crash or existenz.

The movie of his I last saw I think was Spider (2002). I remember it got some shit reviews. I liked it. I rewatched Dead Ringers a year ago or so, it's a personal "can't decide if I love or dismiss this" movie. I still can't, but I lean towards love.

I somewhat liked Cosmopolis, basically in spite of its up front cringe and ridiculousness. I like that Robert Pattison put himself out there with that production. (I most recently saw "The Devil All the TIme" with Pattison. while a bit tryhard it was interesting and I appreciate his choice of projects.) I'm a fan of DeLillo so, again, personal points to Cronenberg and Pattison even if the movie didn't pan out

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
View attachment 19992

I know it's not the same movie before someone mentions it.
Fuck, you reminded me when he would go on and on about how brilliantly that movie dealt with race. Yeah? Did it? Fucking oscarbait melodramatic trash. The director of that is named Paul Haggis so not only is Jim a hack for liking it but he stole the name too.