• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with the 4K TV's

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
I fawwwwwwkin hate the motion smoothing shit they automatically set on. Makes everything look like some British soap opera.

I remember watching an episode of Breaking Bad on mine when I first got it and it felt so jarring watching it with that that shit turned on. I don't know why anyone would want to experience watching something like that.

That said, stuff does like incredible in 4K when you can find it. People say you can't really tell the difference between 1080p and 4K but that's not true at all. It's super noticeable.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
I remember watching an episode of Breaking Bad on mine when I first got it and it felt so jarring watching it with that that shit turned on. I don't know why anyone would want to experience watching something like that.

That said, stuff does like incredible in 4K when you can find it. People say you can't really tell the difference between 1080p and 4K but that's not true at all. It's super noticeable.
As horrible as the new Matrix movie is, it looked fantastic in 4K. One thing I've noticed is that you really need to be watching more modern film/TV to see the difference. We watched Jingle All The Way in 4K around Christmas and the difference was barely noticeable.

Udders

Great food
Forum Clout

Definitely. You can easily tell the difference too between the shitty cable broadcast in 720 and true 1080.

Forum Clout
I got an early 4K TV and it has horrendous input lag
hqdefault.jpg

Forum Clout
I remember when my buddy got one and was showing it off, I remember being creeped out with how real it looked, as if I was there… I have a flat screen I use for something’s but personally I still like using my CRT set