• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with Robert Crumb?

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
I recently saw this panel he drew that documented a main street road from around the mid-late 1800s into the 1970s. Each panel showed the progression of technology, from horse drawn carriages to steam rail to cars and overhead electric power lines until it got to his era of the 70s with iirc had trashy billboards and Lincoln Continental type iconic cars. "Where will we go next?" was captioned somewhere at the end

A lot of the lasting praise I read/hear of him hone in not so much on his midcentury counter cultural decadence/perversion/shock factor, but his capacity to document cultural changes with a brilliant eye. I agree with them. Even his 60s and 70s comics, most geared more towards being a comic book SHOCK JOCK 4chan /b/ /r9k/ edgelord, are incredible documents of the clothing, trends in car design, architecture, hair styles/fashion accoutrement etc.

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
G

fritzthecatb.jpg
tumblr_96a3b578453d7ead0373686dbcd79434_a08549b9_500.png
lf.jpeg

Stent

The Black Scorpion
Proof that women will fuck anyone famous. None of them gave a shit until someone pointed out he was actually talented.

I like that part where the woman goes on about how his art is so ground-breaking and confronting but still amazing and empowering... except for the rape comics. Having a black woman called Ooga Booga get stuffed headfirst into a toilet so a guy can shit on her ass is ok with her, but the sex stuff is icky.

O-BLOCK NIGGA!

Ask me about my cock size
His wife's face is a little too jewwy but her body was right when she was young (thick thighs, big ass, hips). His daughter was a heroin addict. She wasn't bad either.

I have similar tastes in women with Crumb, is where I guess I'm going with this.