• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with old Adult Swim?

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Could take or leave the ten minute shows. Always liked the half hour cartoons more. Home Movies was even better than Dr. Katz. Fucking annoying how often I mention those two shows to people who eat up Bobs Burgers and Archer but never heard of Home Movies.

I quit Adult Swim after McGruder left Boondocks. That show was brilliant -- way better than the dopey comic strip -- and the only black militant shit I could ever tolerate. It helped that McGruder hates so much of modern black America.

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
It was great, especially the weird shenanigans that was Unedited Footage of a Bear, Too Many Cooks, and This House Has People in It. This House Has People in It stands out as it was only about 10-12 minutes, but if you go down the rabbit hole and look into all the references, like going to the surveillance website (if it's even still up) from the video, there's hours of more content both in reading, and audio and video clips just for that video and some things also reference Unedited Footage of a Bear which sort of helps explain some of what is going on.

Assy Mc.Gee and Perfect Hair Forever are seriously underrated. Mr. Pickles should've just stayed as a one-off episode and was ruined by the series "fans" said they wanted. Moral Orale was profoundly fucked up and depressing at times, but still a good watch.

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
2003 was almost a magical time for me. Was still new to smoking pot and other substances (which I now think is lame as fuck but at the time it was a new experience). I remember staying up all night messing around on the internet and watching adult swim. Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Sealab, ATHF, big O and plenty others. I can't really enjoy most of those anymore but I still think Trigun and Cowboy Bebop still hold up.

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
Could take or leave the ten minute shows. Always liked the half hour cartoons more. Home Movies was even better than Dr. Katz. Fucking annoying how often I mention those two shows to people who eat up Bobs Burgers and Archer but never heard of Home Movies.
Was gonna bring up home movies. Such an underrated show. I tell everyone I can’t watch shows anymore with coach McGurk in them because it’s all I can think about. It was the perfect character for his voice. Everything else is just pathetic for even trying.

G

I loved ATHF. That show had a good ending, which coincided with the end of my young adultness in a way. Sniff.

[MEDIA=youtube]_8md9ro1kAs[/MEDIA]

Mc.Faggot

crumbum
Adult Swim used to be the best thing for subversive cartoons

I remember when they just launched it out of nowhere and I was like wtf is this "NO kids in this pool"

I was like 10 and they played an uncesored Gundam Wing and I was like "wtf is this!"

then space ghost, then Sea Lab

adult swim is probably more responsible for the degeneracy of society than it gets credit for

Kevin smith deserves some credit as well

Last edited: