Where we at with da We Own This City?

G

No idea what you’re talking about but if Marlo is in it in any significant way it must suck. He plays a cop on Bosch and he’s fucking TERRIBLE.

G

No idea what you’re talking about but if Marlo is in it in any significant way it must suck. He plays a cop on Bosch and he’s fucking TERRIBLE.
I like Bosch a lot, but yeah Marlo’s acting is pretty stilted.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
The acting is so bad it is hilarious. The actors from The Wire seem like they have no direction. Reminds me of the Star Wars prequels in terms of the bad acting and writing. Where the actors would ask George Lucas "what emotion is my character feeling during this scene?" and his response would literally be to repeat their line verbatim without eye contact even.

G

I like Bosch a lot, but yeah Marlo’s acting is pretty stilted.
Chief Ooga Booga basically reprises his role from the wire also and is somehow way worse a decade later. I don’t get how those two can be so terrible in an otherwise decent show. Bosch’s daughter can get it though.

supposedly the sequel franchise comes back in a few weeks. I’ll give it a look but not expecting much.

CuntFucker .

Danny Doll Eyes
The acting is mostly underwhelming, though that ALF-looking kike in the lead is pretty good. Is Poot's partner supposed to be a faggot? He has the gay voice, you know?

FYI, this is not how you title a thread on something you watched. The right way would have been: Watched We Own This City (2022), Season 1, Episode 1. Next time, my friend.

G

It was alright, but seeing some of the actors from The Wire playing different roles (like the guy who played Marlo Stanfield plays a cop in this one) took me right fawwwkin out of it, brotherman
I have the same thoughts. Having so many wire actors is too distracting and as someone else pointed out the acting is really fucking bad. I think the c level actors got too comfortable at home during covid and got sloppy.

HR@PaneraBread

it doesn't taste all that good
seeing some of the actors from The Wire playing different roles (like the guy who played Marlo Stanfield plays a cop in this one) took me right fawwwkin out of it, brotherman
it's like all the hoppers graduated and became cops. The one with the slanted jaw was O-dog who killed Boadie. The guy who used to be Poot is as useless as he was on the corners. Dukie is a uniform officer too.

They're still using that same PO-LICE talk that no one would ever use too. The Wire aged so badly for the dialogue and they've transplanted the exact same shit over to this.

It's not a bad show but it kinda fights you all the way for being believable.