Where we at wit the new ABBA?

G

Their hits from back in the day are catchy as hell and I remember some musical expert saying they were as complicated in structure as Mozart or whatever. I haven't heard any of their new stuff but it's always a bit depressing when 70 year old multimillionaire rock/pop stars feel the need to keep making music/performing. The Stones should've retired years ago. Ditto Madonna etc.

Heyfellas

Where we at with the where we at?
Link to ABBA Story

Smash or trash? As the resident fag I might be the only one who gives a shit.

I think the new tracks are promising but not revolutionary - reminds me of the “new” Beatles songs from the early 90s. There could be some fun remixes coming out of it, and I feel like the new stuff might grow on me.
This a big hit at Gabriel’s, gay boy?

jk, love the carol.

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words
I used to hate ABBA, because it was my parent's music and I was a snot-nosed teenage dipshit who listened to RATM and hated "The Man", maaaahhhn! Over the years, I've come to appreciate them, and I like a lot of their hits.

But this is just bland and bad. Totally forgettable, and the whole idea of a music tour with holograms sounds like one more sign of the end times.

40a30fb1d64204a29872e37437f6efa0

It's the sequel to Tron no one wanted. Again.

Last edited:

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
It’s not needed, and I don’t mean that to shit on ABBA but that they have their hits and this new music will largely be forgotten by the fans as they prefer their classic stuff. Personally I don’t know why some older classic artists feel they need to put out new music since the industry has drastically changed from when these older artists were big. The biggest issue for a lot of these groups is “where will the music even be played?” Since they’re considered “oldies” those stations that play their hits won’t play their new stuff and it’s hard to imagine being played with the current music. I don’t think a “classic” artist has had a huge smash with current music in over 20 years (Cher’s “Believe” and Santana ft Rob Thomas “Smooth” are the only ones that come to mind) and that was when people still bought physical music. Groups like ABBA can just license their hits for movies / tv / etc. and play a tour here and their that will sell out but no new music is needed. You’ve got Guns N Roses and Genesis (hi Ray!) touring but with no plans to make a new album (one-off song Or two at the most) but no need for a full album. Plus Pat is fat.

It’s not needed, and I don’t mean that to shit on ABBA but that they have their hits and this new music will largely be forgotten by the fans as they prefer their classic stuff. Personally I don’t know why some older classic artists feel they need to put out new music since the industry has drastically changed from when these older artists were big. The biggest issue for a lot of these groups is “where will the music even be played?” Since they’re considered “oldies” those stations that play their hits won’t play their new stuff and it’s hard to imagine being played with the current music. I don’t think a “classic” artist has had a huge smash with current music in over 20 years (Cher’s “Believe” and Santana ft Rob Thomas “Smooth” are the only ones that come to mind) and that was when people still bought physical music. Groups like ABBA can just license their hits for movies / tv / etc. and play a tour here and their that will sell out but no new music is needed. You’ve got Guns N Roses and Genesis (hi Ray!) touring but with no plans to make a new album (one-off song Or two at the most) but no need for a full album. Plus Pat is fat.
Truth. Go see any old band in concert, as soon as they "do one from their new album" everyone sits down or goes off to take a piss or buy beer. I saw Iron Maiden way back in 2000, they were already old at that point. Dickinson says "tonight we're doing all newer songs" and you could see throngs of people heading for the exits.

G

Are they back and better than ever? I'm not going to bother listening because I'm sure it's forgettable at best, but has there ever been a band that broke up and put out good stuff when they got back together? Seems like a tall order for most groups.

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
Link to ABBA Story

Smash or trash? As the resident fag I might be the only one who gives a shit.

I think the new tracks are promising but not revolutionary - reminds me of the “new” Beatles songs from the early 90s. There could be some fun remixes coming out of it, and I feel like the new stuff might grow on me.
they only have a small number of decent songs like SOS, they're massively overrated

check out Secret Service for late 70s 80s swe euro disco pop period music of that era https://www.youtube.com/c/SecretServiceMusic/videos

I feel like they should have the rep and legend status that ABBA has