Where I grew up, the 'nerds' like Patrick were from bad/broken homes

G

OK so idk what it was like in Wisconsin...but over here, only latchkey kids from divorced homes etc got into comic books and geek shit...then worked at skater/bike shops at the mall for minimum wage and got robbed by niggers for their subway tokens. Interracial friends, loitering at Tim Hortons leeching off their wifi.

kids from good homes focused on college scholarships from grade 10 onwards, had volunteer gigs at where their dad'/uncles were CEOs at (Jeff Xilon, looking at you), then from 18 on-wards apprenticed at whatever field or career they intended to get into...close cropped haircuts, banana republic type wardrobe etc.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
The kids like Pat where I'm from all hung out together at one table in the cafeteria playing with those Magic cards. They never laughed or really talked outside of playing that game. You'd assume they were smart because they were nerdy, but if you ever had to speak to one or get paired with one for a project or something, you quickly realized they were borderline retards. We called them the butterscotch pudding people because almost daily someone would whip a butterscotch snack pack at the wall above them and it would blow up and rain down on them. The first time it happened to someone they might be like "WHAT THE HELL?" but I mostly remember them not reacting to it at all. They just accepted that that's what happened to them and walked around with pudding stains on their clothes.