• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What are some habits or actions Pat could've taken 10 years ago to be in an infinitely better position than he is now?

We all remember him on the Dorkington podcast where he still had a glow to his eyes and a wide-eyed spirit of hope. Oddly enough that was only a year or two removed from his divorce and abandoning his daughter - and that appears to have been the happiest time in his life.

It was all downhill from there.

Now he's an obese, alcoholic, husk of a pigman who lives his days cleaning out skids from the toilet for AirBnB guests to make ends meet on his meager hovel payments. His writing career is over. His wife is on a buffet of pills. He just *poof* lost $83k. He's the most famous lolcow ever to live. He's also fat.

What could he have done, habits he could've picked up back in 2014, that could've totally altered his trajectory and brought him to a place of prosperity and happiness in 2024?

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
If he would have traded being a cunt on twitter with being a part of his daughters life he would be infinitely happier. Even if he never got published again and made a low income. Twitter has costed him more than he has made writing books. Not just the actual money spent on failed lawsuits/lawyers but wasted time invested in tweeting.

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
53328f3895334e7bbfad.jpg

I don't think he put much effort into writing. It's right at about 9 years since his first book got published, so probably around a decade since he got that first book deal. Retards that have read his books say that first one is the only decent one he wrote and I think he just went into coasting mode after it. He certainly started coasting when Tor signed him. He must have thought that he would always be a published author and someone would always pay for his books.

I think all of his novels after the first one have been rushed, not thought out and minimum amount of effort applied. We're now 4 years since his last published novel and no signs that anyone wants his Tiny Tim bullshit. Chances are he'd be an awful writer even if he tried hard but it's clear he doesn't try and now it's too late.

I don't think he put much effort into writing. It's right at about 9 years since his first book got published, so probably around a decade since he got that first book deal. Retards that have read his books say that first one is the only decent one he wrote and I think he just went into coasting mode after it. He certainly started coasting when Tor signed him. He must have thought that he would always be a published author and someone would always pay for his books.

I think all of his novels after the first one have been rushed, not thought out and minimum amount of effort applied. We're now 4 years since his last published novel and no signs that anyone wants his Tiny Tim bullshit. Chances are he'd be an awful writer even if he tried hard but it's clear he doesn't try and now it's too late.
He said himself he doesn't suffer from imposter syndrome at all. Never has, child. I heard someone the other day say that it's completely natural and healthy to have imposter syndrome and if you don't have it then you're an imposter.

He said he cried when he read his faggot elephants in space WiP. How do you improve or maintain if you think everything you write is utterly amazing and no improvement is necessary, chowald.

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor

He had a pretty easy path, AR promoted him heavily, he was manning booths at conventions, signing books in Barnes&Noble etc. there was a pretty tight clique of writers who were all supporting each other. AR pushed out a lot of titles to Libraries etc. At the time he was a new and upcoming author. He also played the game fairly well in that he was constantly tweeting about it etc. Looking at the engagement its very low (as it would be between a fairly small circle of people). After his plagiarised viral tweets he found what hits his dopamine and it became more political than ever.

He expected TOR to be holding his hand and pushing him like AR did. It probably didn't help that due to Pat's hubris he couldn't not have his Hitchhikers fanfic published and submitted that as his first book of the contract.