What age do you start to feel old and tired?

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
I’m in my mid 30s and feel full of energy and I still lose weight quickly, all the “when you’re x age you’ll get fat” comments haven’t panned out and I believe they’re just lazy.

My elder brother claims he started going downhill now he’s 39, I assume it’s real and does happen but I don’t think it’s anything to worry about till you’re 60, not 35.

I got fat and tired in my 20s when I drank a lot more and would eat a whole takeaway pizza and sides and ice cream easily.

Approaching 40 and have more energy than ever and fitter and stronger too.

My grandparents are in their 80s and still go hiking in the hills for 10+ miles a few times a week and have a home gym.

Not sure it's really a thing to do with age just lifestyle. Keep on top of it and you'll be fine.

DMAN

NYC Mayor
There is an episode of the Robert Kelly and Sometimes Colin Quinn podcast where Col is asked by one of the fansss why he became a comic. He hesitates for a moment and then tells a colorfully descript story of how he was in his early 20s looking out the window at a sunny day and came to the horrific realization that he's already a miserable old man who can't enjoy anything.

The first time I heard him say the story I laughed so hard my face and ribs hurt, because I had the same exact experience in my late teens. I was telling other kids how gay music, movies and shows were back then and I refused to watch them, Shit only an old man would say. Ive been a miserable old man since I turned 18.

Riccardo Bosi

welcomes our new overlords
I'm generally in physical discomfort at all times which I know is psychological.
1688863733363123.png

At the risk of being annoying, it depends on diet and exercise. Eating largely veggies and fruits and avoiding carbs and fast food will definitely make you feel different. Throw some exercise in there too for good measure

On top of that, it’s important to regularly see and be in contact with family and friends

Basic shit like that will keep you feeling energetic

Wa4892

I am a big fat guy but everything was fine until I hit 45. I hurt my knee - torn meniscus - helping my brother move and its been downhill from there. I'm 57.

Also, write this down ......... Kids bring a level of exhaustion to your life that you cannot comprehend and you never, ever recover from it. My daughter was born in November 1998. Spring of 1999 when day light savings rolled around and I lost yet ANOTHER hour of sleep was almost devastating. I was so tired I just wanted to sob.