• This forum is dedicated exclusively to parody, comedy, and satirical content. None of the statements, opinions, or depictions shared on this platform should be considered or treated as factual information under any circumstances. All content is intended for entertainment purposes only and should be regarded as fictional, exaggerated, or purely the result of personal opinions and creative expression.

Please be aware that this forum may feature discussions and content related to taboo, controversial, or potentially offensive subjects. The purpose of this content is not to incite harm but to engage in satire and explore the boundaries of humor. If you are sensitive to such subjects or are easily offended, we kindly advise that you leave the forum.

Any similarities to real people, events, or situations are either coincidental or based on real-life inspirations but used within the context of fair use satire. By accepting this disclaimer, you acknowledge and understand that the content found within this forum is strictly meant for parody, satire, and entertainment. You agree not to hold the forum, its administrators, moderators, or users responsible for any content that may be perceived as offensive or inappropriate. You enter and participate in this forum at your own risk, with full awareness that everything on this platform is purely comedic, satirical, or opinion-based, and should never be taken as factual information.

If any information or discussion on this platform triggers distressing emotions or thoughts, please leave immediately and consider seeking assistance.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

WAWW The KLF?

NikkisCrustyGusset

I am the crispy white spot in your soul
Ok my American friends, I got to explain this. So Jimmy Cauty and Bill Drummond aka The KLF / Justified Ancients of MuMu and a ton of other names...

So their first no1 was made without a shred of original music. They mashed Gary Glitter and Dr Who and trolled the charts.

Then they became The KLF and yeah when you see same song names that are radically different...that’s their MO...

In the late 80s they mashed a ton of stuff together and got huge in the burgeoning acid house scene then would remix it for the charts and get these no1s

They had Tammy Wynette for this

So at the Brit Awards (think Grammys for British music) they played a very hard thrash metal version of a song, pulled automatic weapons out and sprayed the celebrity front rows with blanks, announced their retirement and next day they deleted their catalogue.

Seriously like these vanilla pop stars are expecting some house or trance or something and they do this...they hid it from the production team during rehearsals and all...

We aren’t finished... with roughly one million pounds in 1994 they decided to burn it. So they did. They took a flight to a Scottish island and spent a few hours burning piles of 50 pound notes.

(If you want to see how sad, pathetic, small minded and awful Ireland was in the 90s even there’s an interview with them on YT, I think they are named K Foundation)

Jimmy and Bill have had successful careers in art, Jimmy’s ex wife who was in all their videos and was a part of a cheesy pop band, Cressida, she’s a doctor and all in all the KLF s contribution to dance music and pop culture is something pretty unique...

They barely recorded an original note but they put out some cracking good music. They trolled the industry and press and said fuck it waaaaay before their time

Stent

outcomes, not intent - mod wisdom
What happened to Ricardo Da Force?

larry-king-01-gty-llr-210102_1609623448458_hpMain_1x1_992.jpg

NikkisCrustyGusset

I definitely remember them (3AM Eternal) but didn't understand what they were. They were around one day and gone the next. Thanks for enlightening a brotherman as well as the trip down memory lane. And they say all we do is make fun of fat authors. Truly a learned group here.
More than welcome mate! You are dead right, they blew up and vanished so quickly and literally pulled their music from shops.
Glen Hughes who features on America What Time is Love credits them for saving his life. He had a heart attack from crack and then the song went to no1 and he had to do press etc and got himself together.

The only other artist I think is as interesting is Aphex Twin. My favourite story is when one time , possibly for the Lemonheads a courier was there waiting for the remix and he just went and randomly grabbed something to give him and it had nothing to do with the original song.

Aaaaand I wanted a reason to share this

Front 242

Bad Boy Bubby
Ok my American friends, I got to explain this. So Jimmy Cauty and Bill Drummond aka The KLF / Justified Ancients of MuMu and a ton of other names...

So their first no1 was made without a shred of original music. They mashed Gary Glitter and Dr Who and trolled the charts.

Then they became The KLF and yeah when you see same song names that are radically different...that’s their MO...

In the late 80s they mashed a ton of stuff together and got huge in the burgeoning acid house scene then would remix it for the charts and get these no1s

They had Tammy Wynette for this

So at the Brit Awards (think Grammys for British music) they played a very hard thrash metal version of a song, pulled automatic weapons out and sprayed the celebrity front rows with blanks, announced their retirement and next day they deleted their catalogue.

Seriously like these vanilla pop stars are expecting some house or trance or something and they do this...they hid it from the production team during rehearsals and all...

We aren’t finished... with roughly one million pounds in 1994 they decided to burn it. So they did. They took a flight to a Scottish island and spent a few hours burning piles of 50 pound notes.

(If you want to see how sad, pathetic, small minded and awful Ireland was in the 90s even there’s an interview with them on YT, I think they are named K Foundation)

Jimmy and Bill have had successful careers in art, Jimmy’s ex wife who was in all their videos and was a part of a cheesy pop band, Cressida, she’s a doctor and all in all the KLF s contribution to dance music and pop culture is something pretty unique...

They barely recorded an original note but they put out some cracking good music. They trolled the industry and press and said fuck it waaaaay before their time

Bill Drummond managed The Teardrop Explodes and vis a vis Julian Cope. Music back then couldn't miss

NikkisCrustyGusset

I wore a groove into my CD of The White Room. Not a bad track in the bunch.
Legend! I have a fairly decent bootleg of it from the same place I got some bootleg Orbital and Aphex ...they don’t sound like cd rips which is cool but fuck man an original copy of TWR is pure white whale material!

Have you seen what Cressida is up to!!?

NikkisCrustyGusset

have you not seen me reference them subtly before? Holy shit it's a good story!

There's a doco 'Who killed the KLF', it was free on youtube until I sent a buncha people to watch it, but worth a watch.

If you want to know any KLF lore, just ask... its one of my JAMs

I have been away from here for ages but delighted to hear this! 23! The boys sure enjoy their Illuminatus Trilogy all right! (Reminds me once I brought a band over to play from the Uk and on their rider was a cheque for 23.23 and they never cashed it. )
I think I’ve seen the trailer for that doc but not the full thing. If you want to see why I fucking hate a lot of this country

I love how fucking parochial, shallow, stuck up and narrow minded Irish people were even in the 90s...I mean the same year the spice girls came out the last Magdalene Laundry was closed and in the 90s Richard Branson had to come to court to defend Virgin Megastore selling condoms...

If you are able to share any mp3 or flac stuff I’d be absolutely made up mate

I'll work on it.
There was so much more to that Brit performance, originally Bill was gunna chop his own hand off & throw it into the music exec' crowd, then they settled for an animal sacrifice but the grimecore band were vegans... in the end a dead sheep ended-up on the door to the afterparty (pictures available)

RoTheHo69

Do you have half-slices?
I have been away from here for ages but delighted to hear this! 23! The boys sure enjoy their Illuminatus Trilogy all right! (Reminds me once I brought a band over to play from the Uk and on their rider was a cheque for 23.23 and they never cashed it. )
I think I’ve seen the trailer for that doc but not the full thing. If you want to see why I fucking hate a lot of this country

I love how fucking parochial, shallow, stuck up and narrow minded Irish people were even in the 90s...I mean the same year the spice girls came out the last Magdalene Laundry was closed and in the 90s Richard Branson had to come to court to defend Virgin Megastore selling condoms...

Throw all these looney cunts in a laundry as far as Im concerned.

NikkisCrustyGusset

I'll work on it.
There was so much more to that Brit performance, originally Bill was gunna chop his own hand off & throw it into the music exec' crowd, then they settled for an animal sacrifice but the grimecore band were vegans... in the end a dead sheep ended-up on the door to the afterparty (pictures available)
I remember reading a book of short stories called Disco 2000 and it had like Grant Morrison and Poppy z Brite and a story about how they became the KFoundation and wanted to string cows up or something, it was all around the big BSE(mad cow disease) shit in the uk (remember that press conference of some minister eating a burger?) and they mentioned a few things about the Brit awards. It mentioned the contract for 23 years made on the car they pushed off a quarry.
I love how Bill just almost loses it in the second verse and starts laughing.

Him cutting his hand off reminds me of Richey Edwards wanting to do that to get out of touring a few weeks before he went missing. (I’m a huge fan. Holy bible is my favourite album)

I remember reading a book of short stories called Disco 2000 and it had like Grant Morrison and Poppy z Brite and a story about how they became the KFoundation and wanted to string cows up or something, it was all around the big BSE(mad cow disease) shit in the uk (remember that press conference of some minister eating a burger?) and they mentioned a few things about the Brit awards. It mentioned the contract for 23 years made on the car they pushed off a quarry.
Yes: car contract (there's video)
The cow thing was when they finally split... a cow weighs a lot, & they couldn't get it done so drove away in opposite directions (Bill with the smelly cow) & didn't speak for a few years.

Deffo check out the doco I mentioned earlier, it's all there

SquealersWheel

I was only jokin'
Chill Out is PFG. Threw it on after not hearing it for about a decade and it still holds up. Need to check out their other stuff.

It sucks that a lot of the classic 90's electronic stuff is not on Spotify. Guessing it might be related to sample clearance, or maybe these groups signed shitty record deals. Been on a real nostalgia kick with that stuff lately.

Last edited: