• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WAWAW Working For Adults With Intellectual Disabilities Who Are Smarter Than Some Of Your Staff Members?

EraGodless

Forum Clout
Holy fuck- I went to a house tonight and the staff on duty didn't realize one of the house members is in the hospital- he works the house 5 days a week and picks them up from their day-habilitation and nigga didn't realize he was one house member short in a 4 person house.

Then I see that the groceries are still on the kitchen counter- sitting there from atleast 4:30 pm until 11:30 pm (including milk, cheese, and ground beef). I also asked if there were items for breakfast (pancakes, sausage, eggs). He said yes. They sure as shit aren't in the refrigerator or anywhere else.

The kicker was- one of the residents is in a wheelchair and he needs assistance. He was still awake when I got there and he had not been bathed yet. It was 11:30 pm and these guys are bathed, given meds, and in bed by 9-9:30 at the latest. Keep in mind these guys wake up at 5:30 am or so to get ready for the day.

I used to like the guy and now he's starting to piss me off as I've generally kept my mouth shut with regards to his half-assed approach. I've tried to be polite in telling him to get his ass in gear and to be a little more proactive and also getting shit done that's supposed to be done during his shift.

And no, the staff member isn't black.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
Your reality depresses me. I prefer to hear stories from Panera because nothing really matters there.
Thanks. I'm way underemployed but I generally enjoy the work. The adults with disabilities are usually fine (a few behaviors and shit sometimes) but the people that are direct care staff are pretty much lazy as fuck and they have to be told what to do- zero fucking initiative. Did I mention lazy? I'm a supervisor and on salary and I leave when my job is done. The hourly people will just clock out and leave shit fir the next person.

Also, most of these staff people are ALWAYS late by 10 to 15 minutes- and sometimes longer. They always have an excuse. In 18 months working for the company, I wa late by 10 minutes and I apologized profusely and I was fucking embarrassed. These peeps generally have no shame.

The fucked up part is that as a salaried person, I don't get PTO, paid holidays, or OT- so there are more than a few direct care staff that make more than I do because of OT pay.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
My mum used to be a nurse who would stay overnight at people who were dyings home to make sure they were comfortable in the very final days/hours and that wasn't as depressing as this job sounds
Oof. That's a legitimately rough gig. Not sure how people can do hospice care- it's fucking awful.

My job is nowhere near as depressing. There's very little turnover in clients- they're usually happy to see you and they're generally compliant. The adults that qualify for group homes are fine and controlled via meds and a nice routine. Working in a state facility would be depressing and a fucking nightmare.

Stent

who loves ya, baby? you're beautiful
Forum Clout
Thanks. I'm way underemployed but I generally enjoy the work. The adults with disabilities are usually fine (a few behaviors and shit sometimes) but the people that are direct care staff are pretty much lazy as fuck and they have to be told what to do- zero fucking initiative. Did I mention lazy? I'm a supervisor and on salary and I leave when my job is done. The hourly people will just clock out and leave shit fir the next person.

Also, most of these staff people are ALWAYS late by 10 to 15 minutes- and sometimes longer. They always have an excuse. In 18 months working for the company, I wa late by 10 minutes and I apologized profusely and I was fucking embarrassed. These peeps generally have no shame.

The fucked up part is that as a salaried person, I don't get PTO, paid holidays, or OT- so there are more than a few direct care staff that make more than I do because of OT pay.
It should be a flex on other nations how well the infirm get treated and funded. Those fuckers should be riding rollercoasters and sitting in jacuzzis every day.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
I bet she raided their jewelry stash before hopping on them with the pillow at 3am.
They would all die pretty quickly after she turned up tbf. It used to be night work and some nights as a kid I would still be awake when she got in and that meant the person was dead. I used to call her the grim reaper. I was about 8. Funny little fella.

G

They would all die pretty quickly after she turned up tbf. It used to be night work and some nights as a kid I would still be awake when she got in and that meant the person was dead. I used to call her the grim reaper. I was about 8. Funny little fella.
Now you've doxxed yourself when your mum inevitably gets unmasked as the next Harold Shipman in the next 5-10 years

soulbrotherman#1

Specifically a quarter retarded
Forum Clout
They install cameras at a shit ton of those places now, I'm assuming for these reasons

"There's plenty of tards living really kick-ass lives out there."

You ever have a guy intentionally shit his pants with a really loud wet blast?

EraGodless

Forum Clout
They install cameras at a shit ton of those places now, I'm assuming for these reasons

"There's plenty of tards living really kick-ass lives out there."

You ever have a guy intentionally shit his pants with a really loud wet blast?
Not with a loud blast, but yes I've had a few shit their pants on purpose as a way to get what they want- he didn't want to go on a community outing and while I was driving them to said outing, he shit his pants because he knew I would have to take him back home and clean him up. It didn't work on me as didn't make a big deal over it and just drove him home and cleaned him up. And I took them on the outing. Only set me back around a half hour or so-

Not bad

Forum Clout
My mum used to be a nurse who would stay overnight at people who were dyings home to make sure they were comfortable in the very final days/hours and that wasn't as depressing as this job sounds

A long way to say she worked in palliative care. Not being a dick, I just know that stuff because I work for a bunch of hospitals.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Not with a loud blast, but yes I've had a few shit their pants on purpose as a way to get what they want- he didn't want to go on a community outing and while I was driving them to said outing, he shit his pants because he knew I would have to take him back home and clean him up. It didn't work on me as didn't make a big deal over it and just drove him home and cleaned him up. And I took them on the outing. Only set me back around a half hour or so-
He had the right idea.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
A long way to say she worked in palliative care. Not being a dick, I just know that stuff because I work for a bunch of hospitals.
I dunno if I would call it that as I'm pretty sure she was also working as a receptionist at doctors surgery around then but this was a side gig. I was only young so timeline is blurry and tbh j can't be doing with asking her about that time 25 years ago she used to watch people die