Watching Signs (2002)

G

I never wanted to watch this again because I thought Scary Movie 3 would have ruined it, but it hasn't, it holds up by itself.
Rewatching it because of the Mel Gibson thread here... the only fault that I have with it so far (that I've never seen anyone brought up before) is how every channel constantly has the news report of the crop circles, like it's 9/11 or some shit. At this point in the movie there aren't even any aliens yet, just crop circles, yet it's on the news 24/7 on every channel. The fuck?

G

There absolutely was a time crop circles would get on the news/papers but you never see it anymore. I miss the simple conspiracy tricks of my youth
Yeah but the daughter was watching cartoons and then said it changed to the crop circles news story, and every single channel was playing the same story. Buuuuuullshit!

Jesse Ventura

Access to the debates
It’s a garbage plot. “The little girl leaves cups of water around so Joaquin Phoenix can hit then with his baseball bat!”

Absolutely dreadful. Mel yelling at his kid to stop crying is the highlight of the movie.