Watched Thief (1981)

CuntFucker .

Danny Doll Eyes
It kind of ruled. Gorgeous looking in a grimy way. Seems to have been an influence on the much better movie Drive (2011) which ruled. The violent action at the end was a bit clumsy. Dialogue and characters were often somewhat uninvolving. Though the scene at the adoption agency ruled... Rockstar Games really ripped of Michael Mann.

Last edited:

Mitch Weaver

Wave bye bye, staIker
Caan was good at pretending to be a tough guy for a Jew.

Yeah the movie had been hyped up on a podcast i listen to but it fell short. Haven’t seen Drive yet.

Belushi’s death scene and how they dispose of the body was pretty dope tobehonestwitcha

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Fawk Yeah!

The movie that really influenced “Drive” was called “The Driver” with Ryan O’Neal and Bruce Dern. Even down the driver not having a name (Gosling was just referred to as just “The Kid”) but this was more the cop (Dern) trying to catch the Driver. It was written and directed by Walter Hill (Warriors, 48 Hours)

If you can find it, check it out. I say that because it’s real hard to find, I had to get a UK Blu Ray copy.

Last edited:

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
I love "Thief"..however, it does suffer from a bit of the "The Pope of Greenwich" effect

It begins as that small, esoteric masterpiece that you think only know about, then you suggest it your friends, and then 5 years later everybody and their mother claims it as "there hidden gem" that they think they only know about

"duh i know you like Michael Mann duh.....have you ever seen "Thief" duh".......

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words
I'll put your cunt wife on the street to be fucked in the ass by niggers and Puerto Ricans. Your kid is mine because I bought him. You got him on loan, he is leased, you are renting him. I'll whack out your whole family.
You got something to say or you waiting for me to ask you to dance?

CuntFucker .

Danny Doll Eyes
I love "Thief"..however, it does suffer from a bit of the "The Pope of Greenwich" effect

It begins as that small, esoteric masterpiece that you think only know about, then you suggest it your friends, and then 5 years later everybody and their mother claims it as "there hidden gem" that they think they only know about

"duh i know you like Michael Mann duh.....have you ever seen "Thief" duh".......
What difference does it make? Why would you care for anything beyond the movie itself? It doesn't matter for your enjoyment of it how it reflects on you as a cool guy. You making yourself a bitch to pretentious faggots who name-drop movies (how gay) to impress (other gay people). Just like what you like, my friend, right?

johnnynoname

What difference does it make? Why would you care for anything beyond the movie itself? It doesn't matter for your enjoyment of it how it reflects on you as a cool guy. You making yourself a bitch to pretentious faggots who name-drop movies (how gay) to impress (other gay people). Just like what you like, my friend, right?
alot of projection here

johnnynoname

note to self: don't ever talk about William Petersen's early filmography.....people may get touchy about it here

also, DEFINATELY do not talk about how you really feel about the "Bushido" episode of "Miami Vice", or the "Did You See the Sunrise" episode of "Magnum P.I."....or, if i do talk about it I should add a "TRIGGER WARNING"

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words
note to self: don't ever talk about William Petersen's early filmography.....people may get touchy about it here

also, DEFINATELY do not talk about how you really feel about the "Bushido" episode of "Miami Vice", or the "Did You See the Sunrise" episode of "Magnum P.I."....or, if i do talk about it I should add a "TRIGGER WARNING"
If you talk shit about Young Guns II, I'll fuck you up:

27882.png

CuntFucker .

Danny Doll Eyes

I might have gone too far. Nice outclassing me, stupid.

johnnynoname

I might have gone too far. Nice outclassing me, stupid.
I just realized something

YOU ARE THAT GUY

You're "duh there's this little less know Michael Mann film called "Thief" that you should check out sometime duh"....all the while your jerk off friends are rolling their eyes at you because they've known about "Thief" forever

Some other of your greatest hits are:
"duh Have you ever seen "To Live and Die in L.A. duh"
"duh Battleship Potemkin duh"
"I own a copy of the Criterion Collection of "Robocop"

omg, you're so "that guy" yo

johnnynoname

actually, the "Criterion Collection "Robocop" is my cinema snob "duh shit"..my bad

it was the greatest birthday present my mother gave to me, and by "my mother" I mean "I bought it for myself" that year

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
The soundtrack is great. Never got into Tangerine Dream, so I might give em a listen before bed. See if the rest of their stuff is similar.

Also Tuesday Weld was one of those super-crazy hot chicks when she was young (Dobie Gillis, the Matthew Sweet Girlfriend album cover) that didn't age poorly so much as oddly. I can't tell if I'd want to eat her ass or put it on the corner to get fucked by niggers and Puerto Ricans.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
The soundtrack is great. Never got into Tangerine Dream, so I might give em a listen before bed. See if the rest of their stuff is similar.

Also Tuesday Weld was one of those super-crazy hot chicks when she was young (Dobie Gillis, the Matthew Sweet Girlfriend album cover) that didn't age poorly so much as oddly. I can't tell if I'd want to eat her ass or put it on the corner to get fucked by niggers and Puerto Ricans.
They also did the GTAV soundtrack which is just as good but I also haven't listened to anything else by them.