Watched The Godfather (1972)

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
Perfect shit. Last time I flew to Japan I watched The Godfather, The Godfather II and Goodfellas back to back. They watched pretty fucking good for about the 100th time even on a shitty business class screen. Still had to watch Witness and an episode of Always Sunny just to fill up the time of that godawful flight though.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Has anyone watched “The Offer” series about making it? Haven’t heard much. It’s interesting to look at what the studio wanted casting wise compared to what Coppola wanted. They wanted Burt Reynolds for Sonny, Ernest Borgnine for Don Corleone, etc. Producer Robert Evans famously said “THAT ITALIAN MIDGET WILL NEVER BE IN THIS MOVIE” referring to Al Pacino.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
One of the greatest scenes in movie history..

They really could have done some trick shots to make that scene not so bad. Maybe some quick cuts of him but focus on the daughter watching while you hear him beating the guy up. The whole point of the scene was his daughter realizing he’s not a “good guy” so just her watching with fight sounds would have worked. But they fucked it up.

TorqueWheeler

Has anyone watched “The Offer” series about making it? Haven’t heard much. It’s interesting to look at what the studio wanted casting wise compared to what Coppola wanted. They wanted Burt Reynolds for Sonny, Ernest Borgnine for Don Corleone, etc. Producer Robert Evans famously said “THAT ITALIAN MIDGET WILL NEVER BE IN THIS MOVIE” referring to Al Pacino.
I haven't, I heard it's not particularly good. Could have been fascinating though considering all the bullshit FFC had to go through to get it where he wanted it.

TorqueWheeler

They really could have done some trick shots to make that scene not so bad. Maybe some quick cuts of him but focus on the daughter watching while you hear him beating the guy up. The whole point of the scene was his daughter realizing he’s not a “good guy” so just her watching with fight sounds would have worked. But they fucked it up.
I really like the movie overall but it's insane they didn't just do a "through the window" shot of that scene. All the problems with that picture could have been solved by just finessing things like that a little bit.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Godfather III is one of the worst films I ever seen. I get more enjoyment out of nonsense like Waterworld or Con Air. Because at least I can lower my expectations. But having 'Godfather' in your title after I and II should mean the highest quality of film. I cannot believe how bad part III was still to this day. The helicopter shooting scene still makes me laugh every time how absurd it is.

Perfect shit. Last time I flew to Japan I watched The Godfather, The Godfather II and Goodfellas back to back. They watched pretty fucking good for about the 100th time even on a shitty business class screen. Still had to watch Witness and an episode of Always Sunny just to fill up the time of that godawful flight though.
I would rather have my plane crash than watch an episode of always sunny

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Godfather I and II rule indeed. It's on my list of movies to see on the big screen if it ever gets rereleased. It's a shame Part III stunk.

Cancerfuck

The floor is lava, dude.
It ruled. It's a movie about the Italian-American mafia, set in the 1940s and '50s. This comes strongly recommended. There's also a sequel which some movie buffs consider even better.
Despite your ironic Norm McDonald larp, I agree wholeheartedly. Fantastic film.