Watched The Dead Zone (1983)

CuntFucker .

Danny Doll Eyes
It kind of ruled. The resolution of the Greg Stillson arc was hilarious. Martin Sheen is great at playing affable scumbags.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I remember being annoyed Cronenberg didn't have Howard Shore do the score on that one but enjoyed the movie. I think it's the only one of his that isn't scored by him. He really needed him that day and that SCUUUUUMMMMMMMMBAG motherfucked him.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Yes. I'm going to watch The Player (1992) later. CuntFucker double feature. You're welcome, my friend.

You know what, I don't care what anyone says, I like your obnoxious bit of making a thread for every movie you watch. It's endearing.

Might I suggest The Lighthouse (2019) for your next movie (if you've not already seen it). Vury good movie.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
You know what, I don't care what anyone says, I like your obnoxious bit of making a thread for every movie you watch. It's endearing.

Might I suggest The Lighthouse (2019) for your next movie (if you've not already seen it). Vury good movie.

@CuntFucker . , Might I recommend a trip back in time and a watch of The Thin Man? A return to the days when men could solve everything through heavy drinking, and dames could take a punch?

Or would you rather watch The Eternals and slit your wrists instead?

CuntFucker .

Danny Doll Eyes
@CuntFucker . , Might I recommend a trip back in time and a watch of The Thin Man? A return to the days when men could solve everything through heavy drinking, and dames could take a punch?

Or would you rather watch The Eternals and slit your wrists instead?
Usually don't go back past the 40s but I put The Thin Man (1934) on the list.

I'd need the release year or some some name to find The Eternals (19??).

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!

You shouldn't limit yourself post 40s there's some great stuff you will miss out on.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!

It's one of the newer Marvel films. Gosia is friendly with all of our neighbors (I mean, I am too, but I'm a busy rock star, child), and one of them has kids, so sometimes we have them over or they invite us over for a movie night. Marvel films are the typical pick when they're new.

Now, as a cinephile with wide tastes, I can admit to liking SOME of these movies (Winter Soldier, Shang Chi, the new Dr. Strange being the rare exceptions), but a few weeks ago we watched The Eternals.

I have not been bored like that since I was a young laddie watching Wizard of Oz for the first time. It's so goddamn meandering, I thought Robert Altman made a superhero film by following his "Long Goodbye" playbook, but without any of the signature style.

If you want to piss away 200 million dollars, give me a weekend at the O2, The London Philharmonic, The Musical Box band, the best laser show money can buy, and I could still donate at least $150 million to my foundation. What a way to waste money.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
It's one of the newer Marvel films. Gosia is friendly with all of our neighbors (I mean, I am too, but I'm a busy rock star, child), and one of them has kids, so sometimes we have them over or they invite us over for a movie night. Marvel films are the typical pick when they're new.

Now, as a cinephile with wide tastes, I can admit to liking SOME of these movies (Winter Soldier, Shang Chi, the new Dr. Strange being the rare exceptions), but a few weeks ago we watched The Eternals.

I have not been bored like that since I was a young laddie watching Wizard of Oz for the first time. It's so goddamn meandering, I thought Robert Altman made a superhero film by following his "Long Goodbye" playbook, but without any of the signature style.

If you want to piss away 200 million dollars, give me a weekend at the O2, The London Philharmonic, The Musical Box band, the best laser show money can buy, and I could still donate at least $150 million to my foundation. What a way to waste money.
He should watch The Long Goodbye next. Love that movie.

CuntFucker .

Danny Doll Eyes

That one is just called Eternals (2021). I'd rather just slit my wrists without watching it. It's not that I'm above some garbage like that, it's just insufferably boring to me.

CuntFucker .

Danny Doll Eyes
It's mid tier Cronenberg in my book. Enjoyable but not one of his best works
Maps to the Stars (2014) is probably low tier Cronenberg but it's ony of my favorites of his. Didn't care all that much for The Fly (1986). It's been very long ago, though. Might re-watch it soon.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Maps to the Stars (2014) is probably low tier Cronenberg but it's ony of my favorites of his. Didn't care all that much for The Fly (1986). It's been very long ago, though. Might re-watch it soon.
I haven't seen that one, but heard it isn't very good either.

Cosmopolis is easily his worst one for me. That shit was unwatchable. Crimes of the Future is pretty bad too.