Watched "Old Boy" (2003) DNF DNR -- no spoilers

G

saw it a couple years ago but forgot about it....

It kind of sucked dick. overhyped as shit.

Same shit as battle royale and the tournament.. It's a movie for normies,
"wow that's so fucked up. I can't believe it. go down the korean rabbit hole TEE HEE"

It's "renowned" by the same crowd that thinks Serbian movie is horrific and fucked up

[SIZE=26px]HOLY SHIT BALLS THAT HALLWAY SCENE IS SO ICONIC![/SIZE]

I turned it off around 1:20, why didnt he rape the hair salon lady after staring at her legs? yer kiddin.

I skipped around to see the ending.. WOW CRAZY PLOT TWIST. ...... not at all.
all in all it's a movie for people like rick to clap and cheer in the right places.
Even john wick was better than this horse shit, and john wick is g-g-g-g-g-ggay

Former Prez Gerald Ford

Come over and we’ll have nachos. And some beer.
Old boy is one of those movies that I committed a long time ago to never seeing. I don’t care how many people tell me it’s good, I don’t care how insane and next level the violence is, I don’t care that it’s Korean which apparently makes it superior somehow. I said the same thing about Boondock Saints too and I’ve made it this far without being hornswoggled into seeing it.. there’s been very few things in my life that I’ve been able to stay 100% committed too, but this is one thing I will not bend on. Everyone has to have a code they live by, this is mine. Watch your faggot movies by yourself faggot, I’m gonna go rewatch Road Warrior again

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Like a lot of things, it's something good that got overhyped afterwards by retards and that's soured its legacy. I never paid much attention to the glowing praise and only watched it long after it had died down, and I enjoyed it for what it was.

Ever seen the Spike Lee version? This is his take on the hallway fight..

The rest of the movie is equally terrible.

There's an in-depth comparison of the two films on YouTube by YMS/dogfucker that's pretty good. A clear demonstration of what distinguishes good filmmaking from the bad, as the Spike Lee one is almost a shot-for-shot remake.

Harry Powell

Semen is the aggression of a man
The original is a great film. OP only dislikes it because of the 20 years of online movie-faggots hyping it up.

I also genuinely believe that

“Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone” (excerpt from a poem) is good life advice.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
as the Spike Lee one is almost a shot-for-shot remake.

I remember him doing interviews for that movie at the time and he said when he spoke to the director of the original movie, he told him "Don't make my movie again. Make your own". So of course the stupid nog makes a shot-for-shot remake.

The only good part of that movie was at the beginning when he's being kept hostage and the guy lets him have the pet mice and then cooks them all and shoves them through the letterbox. That was horrific. The rest of it was absolute shite though.

Harry Powell

Semen is the aggression of a man
One thing I'll say is that it was fawking bullshit to cast someone as the bad guy who looks 30 years younger than the protagonist. Made the reveal confusing and unrealistic.
Eh. One dude was living in complete isolation while the other was a free man and filthy rich.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Eh. One dude was living in complete isolation while the other was a free man and filthy rich.
Oh Dae Sue:image_9253:looked like a middle-aged fat slob before the kidnapping though.

Ah, what the fuck, I'll forgive it because the actor who played him was really fucking good. It's often hard to convey emotion and relatability through language and cultural barriers, especially Asians and their alien slanty slopey mannerisms waddle doodle, but he did a terrific job.

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
I watched it before ever having the chance for faggots to taint it with their praise so i enjoyed it, also had no idea what it was about so never cared to think about a twist coming cause I was just wondering what would happen next rather than trying to guess

TehSamurai

When I was younger, I used to like the melodrama of Korean movies, but now I find it grating. All movies have to be 2.5 hours long, extremely violent and have five twists minimum (e.g., The Wailing, which made no sense).

I recommend The Man From Nowhere, because it's a simple action movie not bogged down by bullshit.

G

Old boy is one of those movies that I committed a long time ago to never seeing. I don’t care how many people tell me it’s good, I don’t care how insane and next level the violence is, I don’t care that it’s Korean which apparently makes it superior somehow. I said the same thing about Boondock Saints too and I’ve made it this far without being hornswoggled into seeing it.. there’s been very few things in my life that I’ve been able to stay 100% committed too, but this is one thing I will not bend on. Everyone has to have a code they live by, this is mine. Watch your faggot movies by yourself faggot, I’m gonna go rewatch Road Warrior again
Great call on Boondock Saints. One of the gayest, most overrated movies of all time.

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
You can say you didn't enjoy Oldboy. Fair enough. But to say " It kind of sucked dick"
saw it a couple years ago but forgot about it....

It kind of sucked dick. overhyped as shit.

Same shit as battle royale and the tournament.. It's a movie for normies,
"wow that's so fucked up. I can't believe it. go down the korean rabbit hole TEE HEE"

It's "renowned" by the same crowd that thinks Serbian movie is horrific and fucked up

HOLY SHIT BALLS THAT HALLWAY SCENE IS SO ICONIC!

I turned it off around 1:20, why didnt he rape the hair salon lady after staring at her legs? yer kiddin.

I skipped around to see the ending.. WOW CRAZY PLOT TWIST. ...... not at all.
all in all it's a movie for people like rick to clap and cheer in the right places.
Even john wick was better than this horse shit, and john wick is g-g-g-g-g-ggay
You can say you didn't enjoy Oldboy. Fair enough. But to say " It kind of sucked dick"
what-samuel-l-jackson.gif