• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Watched Nixon (1995)

CuntFucker .

It ruled. I enjoy Oliver Stone's imaginative and flashy 90's style. Bright light outlining people. The movie turning to black and white when someone gives someone a dirty look. Interspersion of vaguely unsettling imagery. Movie is fawking dark and brooding in an interesting way. Going to watch JFK (1991) next.

G

JFK was better. Haven't seen Nixon in years (and in a lot of ways he's actually a more interesting character than Kennedy) but I remember Stone's film as being somewhat disjointed. Also remember thinking I would've enjoyed it more of I still smoked weed, which I hadn't for years then.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
JFK was better. Haven't seen Nixon in years (and in a lot of ways he's actually a more interesting character than Kennedy) but I remember Stone's film as being somewhat disjointed. Also remember thinking I would've enjoyed it more of I still smoked weed, which I hadn't for years then.
Nixon is absolutely one of the more fascinating presidents. Extremely intelligent and sick of the hamster wheel; yet, still obsessed with reaching the greatest heights to prove a point.

Even though he's wooden in delivery, his speeches are some of the greatest.

G

Nixon is absolutely one of the more fascinating presidents. Extremely intelligent and sick of the hamster wheel; yet, still obsessed with reaching the greatest heights to prove a point.

Even though he's wooden in delivery, his speeches are some of the greatest.
He hated the Kennedys too apparently. Fucking guy was the living embodiment of the American dream. A nobody from a humble background who through work ethic, drive, cunning and sheer force of will worked his way up to the highest office in the country.

The Kennedy brothers on the other hand were of course the privileged offspring of a glorified gangster who got every break given to them and then looked down on self-made men like Tricky Dick and LBJ. Nixon was an awkward fucker though, which didn't help him campaigning in front of the proles. Especially against the easy, born to rule, rich boy charm of someone like Jack Kennedy. And especially in that time and place.

CuntFucker .

Isn't Kennedy dead throughout the movie? And does it have anything as weird and fun as Nixon meeting the CIA director?

I enjoy Stone's vision of power and evil. Though I'm not saying this is how the world actually works. What do I know... container of coffee... It's just entertaining.

CuntFucker .

That was Richard Helms. Personal hero of mine. A real gent.
I only read about him in "A Legacy of Ashes". He didn't come across well in that. Sociopath in over his head. Though obviously a very smart guy. He looked a bit like a scuuuuumbag.

1651363027064.png

Why is he a personal hero of yours? (Honestly interested. I'm not set on the version of the guy I got.)

G

I only read about him in "A Legacy of Ashes". He didn't come across well in that. Sociopath in over his head. Though obviously a very smart guy. He looked a bit like a scuuuuumbag.

View attachment 38588

Why is he a personal hero of yours? (Honestly interested. I'm not set on the version of the guy I got.)
He didn't pretend to be anything he wasn't. He was a WASP who believed in America, or at least in his version of it - which was Pleasantville for people like him. Of course, his version of America was unfair for a lot of people but it was arguably more productive and "progressive," at least economically, for many than it is today. Plus I like that he probably ordered Jonestown.

Monk

Fucking hilarious movie.

Nixon has a bunch of petty obsessions throughout the whole movie and one of them is threatening to take people out to the woodshed. He makes the threat at least a half dozen times over the course of the movie. His lines about the Rosenberg's execution and how "they always underestimated old Nixon, see!" are so cartoonishly shit-heel. His delivery of the, "anyone who screws with us, his fuckin' head comes off. Ya' got that?" line makes me laugh too.

"Nixon can't say this! "Niggers, niggers!" Can't say that!"

The scenes with Paul Sorvino as Kissinger are also funny as fuck. There's one where Nixon hints to Kissinger that he's had him bugged after rumors that Kissinger had been leaking information to the press go around. Nixon and a couple of the other characters are fucking with Kissinger throughout the scene and he ends up storming out of the oval office. This clip catches the end of the scene and one of my favorite lines in the movie:

The line and the evil laugh kill me every time.

CuntFucker .

Fucking hilarious movie.

Nixon has a bunch of petty obsessions throughout the whole movie and one of them is threatening to take people out to the woodshed. He makes the threat at least a half dozen times over the course of the movie. His lines about the Rosenberg's execution and how "they always underestimated old Nixon, see!" are so cartoonishly shit-heel. His delivery of the, "anyone who screws with us, his fuckin' head comes off. Ya' got that?" line makes me laugh too.

"Nixon can't say this! "Niggers, niggers!" Can't say that!"

The scenes with Paul Sorvino as Kissinger are also funny as fuck. There's one where Nixon hints to Kissinger that he's had him bugged after rumors that Kissinger had been leaking information to the press go around. Nixon and a couple of the other characters are fucking with Kissinger throughout the scene and he ends up storming out of the oval office. This clip catches the end of the scene and one of my favorite lines in the movie:

The line and the evil laugh kill me every time.

Can't say "nigger" in here.

1651406528319.png

I also liked this scene. "He sounds like a negro. He's saying all those - negro things. What's he doing?"

"Thank you, spook."

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
I need to watch this one again. it's been years. Oliver Stone rules for the most part.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
He hated the Kennedys too apparently. Fucking guy was the living embodiment of the American dream. A nobody from a humble background who through work ethic, drive, cunning and sheer force of will worked his way up to the highest office in the country.

The Kennedy brothers on the other hand were of course the privileged offspring of a glorified gangster who got every break given to them and then looked down on self-made men like Tricky Dick and LBJ. Nixon was an awkward fucker though, which didn't help him campaigning in front of the proles. Especially against the easy, born to rule, rich boy charm of someone like Jack Kennedy. And especially in that time and place.
For a guy who hails from Europe, you sure do know a lot about American politics.