Watched Hereditary (2018)

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Pure horror is impossible to make for adults. Every horror movie I like basically has horror as a background element. Like Alien, Event Horizon, The Thing, Predator, The Babadook. Trying to make a film scary is just not possible in my opinion. It is like watching a magic trick where you can have fun watching the performance but you know it's not really magic.

Jesse Ventura

Access to the debates
I thought the scene where she was perched on the wall in the bedroom barely visible to the camera as it panned was creepy. I liked it well enough for a modern horror. The whole witches coven angle is played out though. Suspiria did it much better 40 years before.

Last edited:

Udders

Great food
I agree. It seemed an interesting premise, but whenever the story goes into demons or curses, it's gay.

There's a lot of good modern horror though, several examples being: Upgrade, Midsommar, Mayhem, Cabin In The Woods, Unfriended Dark Web, Orphan, X, Don't Breathe, and Happy Death Day to name a few.

G

Pure horror is impossible to make for adults. Every horror movie I like basically has horror as a background element. Like Alien, Event Horizon, The Thing, Predator, The Babadook. Trying to make a film scary is just not possible in my opinion. It is like watching a magic trick where you can have fun watching the performance but you know it's not really magic.
I'm not sure if it's even possible for kids. Shinkleboutit... when you were a kid, you were fawkin' horrified of the VHS covers in the horror section. But then when you actually watched a scary movie, you were like... :image_9249:aaaaalright. Is that it?

The only times I got scared was when my Dad said in the next scene the monsters were going to come out of the TV and get me.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I'm not sure if it's even possible for kids. Shinkleboutit... when you were a kid, you were fawkin' horrified of the VHS covers in the horror section. But then when you actually watched a scary movie, you were like... :image_9249:aaaaalright. Is that it?

The only times I got scared was when my Dad said in the next scene the monsters were going to come out of the TV and get me.
Did they ever get you? You may have been molested 😞

Jim Norton’s Wife's Cock

Those breeches will stay open!
I agree. It seemed an interesting premise, but whenever the story goes into demons or curses, it's gay.

There's a lot of good modern horror though, several examples being: Upgrade, Midsommar, Mayhem, Cabin In The Woods, Unfriended Dark Web, Orphan, X, Don't Breathe, and Happy Death Day to name a few.
I’d class Upgrade as more sci fi than horror to be honest witcha.

Any of you niggers like The Void? I’m partial to Lovecraftian horror myself.

JamieConway

Still Serchin' 4 Da Truf
Ive watched it a few times now and still say it's creepy as fuck. The teen son with the mother trying to kill him but denying it is pretty unsettling. The amount of subtle background shit going on is almost too much. Theres hours of youtube vids trying to find them all.

G

Ive watched it a few times now and still say it's creepy as fuck. The teen son with the mother trying to kill him but denying it is pretty unsettling. The amount of subtle background shit going on is almost too much. Theres hours of youtube vids trying to find them all.
Got a good example?

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
I really enjoyed it even though I didn't find it scary. The whole creepy part was towards the end with the mom crawling around on the ceiling. The shot of that little girls rotting decapitated head on the road is engraved in my memory forever.

G

I really enjoyed it even though I didn't find it scary. The whole creepy part was towards the end with the mom crawling around on the ceiling. The shot of that little girls rotting decapitated head on the road is engraved in my memory forever.
I just can't believe they actually decapitated that gruesome little Jewish girl for a movie.