Watched Everything Everywhere All At Once (2022)

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Itwas alright, but not great and anyone who is calling this one of the greatest movies ever made hasn't watched a lot of movies. It's certainly an original concept, has some great action choreographed, and even had some good laughs. However, about halfway through I felt like the writing and story really started to go downhill when it's revealed who they are fighting against and a lot of it becomes "LOL so random" humor that I can't stand and gets super repetitive. No reason something like this needs to be almost 2 and a half hours. And yeah it does have some forced woke shit in it too. Worth a watch for one time, but it's not that great.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Itwas alright, but not great and anyone who is calling this one of the greatest movies ever made hasn't watched a lot of movies. It's certainly an original concept, has some great action choreographed, and even had some good laughs. However, about halfway through I felt like the writing and story really started to go downhill when it's revealed who they are fighting against and a lot of it becomes "LOL so random" humor that I can't stand and gets super repetitive. No reason something like this needs to be almost 2 and a half hours. And yeah it does have some forced woke shit in it too. Worth a watch for one time, but it's not that great.

Everyone has an agenda. If you look back on movies from the fifties, the amount of stories that have to do with communism metaphors is incredible. From Drama to sci Fi. Some in support of, and many against, HUAC. Even in my teens, it beat me over the head with the lack of subtlety. So while I get your point, it doesn't bother me much. Tell me a good story overall and I'll forgive a lot.

That said, this movie really interests me, and I'll probably blind buy it. I'm actually a very big fan of Michelle Yeoh, so I look forward to this.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Haven't seen it, but critics are so sick of superhero shit that they'll heap praise on a movie that flirts with comic movie themes but isn't about superheroes. Joker was garbage, but wasn't about Batman fighting Joker, so it got an Oscar. This movie's whole promotion campaign is that it has a multiverse but no Dr Strange.

UnPRePared

Haven't seen it, but critics are so sick of superhero shit that they'll heap praise on a movie that flirts with comic movie themes but isn't about superheroes. Joker was garbage, but wasn't about Batman fighting Joker, so it got an Oscar. This movie's whole promotion campaign is that it has a multiverse but no Dr Strange.

Which is amusing because I actually really enjoyed that movie, mostly because of Sam Raimi.

I've heard a lot of people bitch about it because it seemed so outside the norm of most Marvel films.

That's why I liked it, stupid.

(And admittedly, it wasn't all that different, but some people man, slaves to routine.)

Cuphead

Which is amusing because I actually really enjoyed that movie, mostly because of Sam Raimi.

I've heard a lot of people bitch about it because it seemed so outside the norm of most Marvel films.

That's why I liked it, stupid.

(And admittedly, it wasn't all that different, but some people man, slaves to routine.)
Brining in all the Cameo characters and then slaughtering them was a great move

diane

🤔̲̲̲̲̲̲̲
original concept
1654709517057.png

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I liked her in that one Jackie Chan movie and am interested in watching this but the praise from reddit is exhausting.

UnPRePared

Brining in all the Cameo characters and then slaughtering them was a great move

It was a great bit of dark humour that I very much appreciated.

Yet I read around how all these people were whining that the scene was poorly written and giving their fan-fiction opinion on how it all should have gone down.

Jesus Christ, people, just enjoy a movie. It was clearly black humour - in a Marvel film! How come I got it and so many others didn't?

Cuphead

It was a great bit of dark humour that I very much appreciated.

Yet I read around how all these people were whining that the scene was poorly written and giving their fan-fiction opinion on how it all should have gone down.

Jesus Christ, people, just enjoy a movie. It was clearly black humour - in a Marvel film! How come I got it and so many others didn't?
All those fags that said it was one of the worst Marvel movies were just upset they didn't get anything like the Spider-Man cameos and all of the characters they did want to see got killed off 5 minutes later which was refreshing to see.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
You could tell Joker was just a regular movie about mental illness and they shoe horned in the Bruce Wayne /Joker theme for extra pop. It didnt even need the comic book reference to be a good movie. I thought it was good.( not sure oscar good) Not a movie I want to watch more than once or twice.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
You could tell Joker was just a regular movie about mental illness and they shoe horned in the Bruce Wayne /Joker theme for extra pop. It didnt even need the comic book reference to be a good movie. I thought it was good.( not sure oscar good) Not a movie I want to watch more than once or twice.
I just saw it as a love letter to The King of Comedy. As far as capeshit goes it's better than anything out there although the bar really isn't high.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
I just saw it as a love letter to The King of Comedy. As far as capeshit goes it's better than anything out there although the bar really isn't high.
Especially for DC. I was hoping they would embrace the rated R dark angle and focus on the villains. Go the total opposite of marvel trying to appeal to kids/POCs/gays trying to sell toys and just do raw dark thriller/action movies from the bad guy perspective.