Was talking to a girl who said Philadelphia was a great city

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Fawk yeah. She had big fawkin hootas
IMG-20221009-WA0001.jpg

SensibleKeks

It's why I tend to stay out of most of them. Ever been to Baltimore?
Ugh. That city needs to be scorched to the ground and salted ala Carthage. Last time I went was in 2000 or so. Right next to their police station is a small park with a 'Welcome to Baltimore' sign. Homeless people had completely encamped the whole park.

I can't think of a better analogy, but the Inner Harbor is like Minas Tirith when it was besieged by orks and goblins. The only enclave of sanctuary.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Ugh. That city needs to be scorched to the ground and salted ala Carthage. Last time I went was in 2000 or so. Right next to their police station is a small park with a 'Welcome to Baltimore' sign. Homeless people had completely encamped the whole park.

I can't think of a better analogy, but the Inner Harbor is like Minas Tirith when it was besieged by orks and goblins. The only enclave of sanctuary.
Even the Inner Harbor isn't that nice anymore. Go a few blocks and you'll be in the fucking ghetto without trying

G

I respect the hell outta you Abe, but that guy was right to frighten you for giving him Canadian funny money.
Might have mentioned this before...but my only time to be in Grand Central Station NY, I was lost...this black crackhead 'volunteers' to show me the proper Exit, even helps with my luggage. When I was all done he asked for a tip

"All I have are these Canadian dollars" as I show him a wad of 20s in my wallet...sorry"

"Well, send me some of them Connectictut dollars mayne, I don't mind"

Last time I spent any significant amount of time in Philly was during its last “revival” about 15 years ago, but even then you had to stick to certain neighborhoods.

Now it seems the rot has spread to even well-to-do areas, so it’s best to avoid it altogether unless you are going to a game and can escape fairly easily.

Philadelphia was nice when it was just 30 Finnish settles living in log cabins. City went to shit when the Dutch took over. And don't get me started on William Penn, the faggot.
Jefferson was right about cities:

“I view great cities as pestilential to the morals, the health and the liberties of man.”

He also remarked, perhaps after a few Clarets, that “one day they’ll be full of niggers.”

Smart guy.

G

Even the Inner Harbor isn't that nice anymore. Go a few blocks and you'll be in the fucking ghetto without trying
The inner harbor was never nice, it was chain restaurant garbage for rubes. I used to love ESPN zone when I was 13 and the E Baltimore St strip clubs a few years later. You couldnt pay me to go down there now.