Was Rick well compensated when he wrote for the Hill?

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Because I wrote almost 30 OpEds for them back in 2016-2017 and they never paid out a penny on the agreed terms.

Then take them to court, Pat. 30 OpEds at a thousand dollars is each 30 thousand dollars (I feel like I need to spell that out for him, given his high school results).

Take them to court, and write a shitty sci fi story about Space Court while you wait for your case to be heard. If you've got a written contract, it would be a slam dunk - and we've seen you're no stranger to taking people to court with less evidence on your side.

Sink Inspector

Jackie Singh fat

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
No, he wasn't because he's a gullible dope who was set up to be a mark. What he thought would be his springboard to building his far left punditry brand turned out to be a scam set up by the people he continues to shill for. It's truly a thing of beauty and I respect the Hill for doing it.

Anyone who knows anything about journalism knows the only way to make money is by joining one of the unions. Unfortunately Pat is A) not connected enough, B) not talented enough, and C) not able to pay the dues. Just one more L in the life of Patrick S. Tomlinson.

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
Screen-Shot-2022-09-23-at-12-04-43.png

So, first of all, he obviously didn't garner the required number of page clicks to be paid. On top of that, he probably plagiarized some of them, re-used stuff he'd already Tweeted for some of them, submitted them everywhere he could, didn't provide any sources, etc. etc.

You can't just sign contracts agreeing to pay someone for THIRTY pieces of work and then not deliver a penny without expecting repercussions unless it's explicitly stated in the contract why that can happen. Should have read it first, Pat instead of lying now because they thought you were shit and nobody cared.

G

So, first of all, he obviously didn't garner the required number of page clicks to be paid. On top of that, he probably plagiarized some of them, re-used stuff he'd already Tweeted for some of them, submitted them everywhere he could, didn't provide any sources, etc. etc.
My theory earlier was that he was assuming his "following" was going to view his op-eds. Which may be true but now I wonder if he's so desperate to keep that Twitter account because he's been using it as a scam. Telling the NYT, Tor, Angry Robot, The Hill, whoever that he's got an active Twitter account with ~50k followers. It sounds good and he's gotten several "viral" tweets in the past few months that have gotten several hundred to several thousand likes/retweets so maybe he's trying to push "his following" as a reason to pick up his book, write an article, whatever. Maybe he's struggling now because most people are more social media aware now and a cursory look at his account would show that 90%+ of his tweets get little to no interaction. But maybe he grifted some money out of companies using it. Wouldn't surprise me. Something a fat person with a 1.7 high school GPA might do.

Uncle Floyd

"But now you're getting sued kinda stupid"
My theory earlier was that he was assuming his "following" was going to view his op-eds. Which may be true but now I wonder if he's so desperate to keep that Twitter account because he's been using it as a scam. Telling the NYT, Tor, Angry Robot, The Hill, whoever that he's got an active Twitter account with ~50k followers. It sounds good and he's gotten several "viral" tweets in the past few months that have gotten several hundred to several thousand likes/retweets so maybe he's trying to push "his following" as a reason to pick up his book, write an article, whatever. Maybe he's struggling now because most people are more social media aware now and a cursory look at his account would show that 90%+ of his tweets get little to no interaction. But maybe he grifted some money out of companies using it. Wouldn't surprise me. Something a fat person with a 1.7 high school GPA might do.
8XEvAv5-e1509549532882.jpg

Get Rich Quick Pat, on the phone, with The, Hill.

Last edited:

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
They hired him to write click bait articles that people didn’t click on so it didn’t make money. That’s why journalism is such a joke now, it’s all about ridiculous headlines that exaggerates a story or is full of half truths or lies. Piggy of course is a shit writer and can’t get to the point. Funny he hasn’t been asked to write for anyone else since he’s such a “political firebrand”

It's so strange the way he vascillates.

I don't owe Quasi a penny child. Later: Even more cruelly, we have to pay him.

My massive Twitter follwing support my career child. Later: Everyone outside the industry would be surprised how little my Twitter following helps me sell books.

I get paid to write about politics child. Later: I was never paid a cent.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
It's so strange the way he vascillates.

I don't owe Quasi a penny child. Later: Even more cruelly, we have to pay him.

My massive Twitter follwing support my career child. Later: Everyone outside the industry would be surprised how little my Twitter following helps me sell books.

I get paid to write about politics child. Later: I was never paid a cent.
My stand up comedy pays the mortgage. Hasn’t done stand up in years.