Twin Peaks, Season 2

CuntFucker .

Danny Doll Eyes
The second part is such dog shit. Holy shit. The episode I just watched started with a full minute of faggot James just riding his motorcycle. It annoys me that the show often focusses on its two shittiest characters.

Which episodes before the finale can be skipped?

Lara Flynn Boyle seems like a real cunt. I'm glad her career went oopsie doodles.

1656088754439.png
1656088803221.png

G

I liked it because I always skipped the second half of season 2, so when I watched it again it's like I was seeing new episodes from an alternate timeline where season 3 originally happened or something. Cooper asking out Annie was cute <3

quark

Theurgist
I liked it because I always skipped the second half of season 2, so when I watched it again it's like I was seeing new episodes from an alternate timeline where season 3 originally happened or something. Cooper asking out Annie was cute <3
I liked the just about everything but the James shit. I always fast forward through his side story because it has zero influence on the rest of the show. It’s bad. The other stories are meandering and pointless but I like the characters regardless of the overall plot. It has a charm to it.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I liked the just about everything but the James shit. I always fast forward through his side story because it has zero influence on the rest of the show. It’s bad. The other stories are meandering and pointless but I like the characters regardless of the overall plot. It has a charm to it.
I feel the same way. It's very goofy but charming. Have you ever watched the show he did with Frost called On the Air? I think Lynch Directed the first and last episode of it but it's just a silly comedy worth watching just for the novelty of it.

CuntFucker .

Danny Doll Eyes
I psychotically hate James and Donna. They are such terrible characters. And it feels like they are meant to be liked and cared for. That's aggrevating.

quark

Theurgist
I feel the same way. It's very goofy but charming. Have you ever watched the show he did with Frost called On the Air? I think Lynch Directed the first and last episode of it but it's just a silly comedy worth watching just for the novelty of it.
I have not but it sounds great. Thanks for the recommendation

G

The episode set at the funeral, right after Leland dies, has a stereotypical Twin peaks feel. Like what you think of when you think of Twin Peaks.

They brought in a bunch of guest directors (including Diane Keaton, who directed one of the dumbest season two episodes) who tried way, way too hard to be "weird" and "quirky" a la David Lynch. The episodes immediately following Leyland's death were just disastrous. The James/Evelyn subplot was just total garbage, as was Civil War Ben, Super Nadine, Billy Zane, and that bizarre thing with Andy, Lucy, Dick and that little kid. The Jean Renault stuff was OK, but just barely. Then Windom Earle showed up and the whole thing got really "Batman"-like. Lynch returned to redeem TP in the finale, which was one of the most freaked-out episodes of TV ever created.

I've seen "On The Air", and IMO it had to have been a total Frost/Lynch troll, as it was easily one of the dumbest things I've ever seen, to a point that was almost unbelievable. It was like "Freddy Got Fingered", a deliberate attempt to make the most bizarre TV show possible.