• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

TIFU and went through my bosses phone.

Patrick O'Neal

Forum Clout
So as the title says TIFU. I’m going to give some context and a bit of a back story first so everything makes sense.

Last year I got my first full time job and absolutely loved it! Although over a 6month period I started to have increasing worse stomach issues. To the point where I had to quite literally run to the bathroom. Some days I couldn’t even make it to work because I was stuck on the toilet all day or due to another condition of gallstones and would end up in hospital. I seeked medical help and changed my diet thinking it was IBS or celiac disease. Some things worked and some things didn’t. Eventually my work pulled me aside and asked if I lost motivation to come to work. They seen me as a young 20 yr old girl who didn’t want to work but in reality I could barely go 30mins to an hour without nearly shitting myself. I explained to them what was happening and how I’m struggling and they seemed understanding. However over the next two months everyone I worked with started becoming very sour and treating me very poorly. It got to the point where i felt so unwanted at work I could barely work up the courage to go. Eventually my boss at the time pulled me aside and to cut a long story short she fired me due to being sick and “unreliable”. She started listing all these things I was supposedly doing wrong. She was timing how long I went to the toilet saying 10mins in the toilet was too long (it was in a shopping centre and literally took me 5mins just to get there). I sobbed so hard in the meeting to the point my face started to literally swell. When the meeting ended I went out the back exit so no customers or other employees could see what a mess I was. After being fired not one person from my work reached out to me to see how I was or how I’m doing. I felt so alone during this whole thing.

Fast forward to the start of this year. After being fired I reached out to the business that had originally offered me a job before my previous one. I reached out and asked if there was still a chance they could hire me. They got back to me saying that they would be more than happy to hire me as their current employee was turning up maybe 5 times in a month. So they fired her and hired me within a month. Now before I continue I want you to know I specifically told my new workplace before being hired that the reason I didn’t last at my previous job was because of my health issues. I explained in detail what they were and how it affected me but they assured me there was no problem and they were very accommodating. Now slowly I noticed my stomach problems decreased and the theory my mum and doctor has is that it was triggered due to the amount of anxiety and stress I was under at my previous job.

So my new job was going great and my health seemed to be on the mend. Ive been at my new job for about 3 months now. I’ve had days off here and there but nothing crazy. Maybe like 4 days off in 3months but all were due to unrelated issues. So here is where I Fucked up. Last week I came down with the WORST case of gastro to the point I almost went to the hospital because I thought I was dying. This caused me to leave work early, the next day I had already planned off prior and the day after that I was still sick so I called in. So in total I had 2 1/2 days off. I went back at the end of the week and I just had this horrible feeling about what everyone was thinking about me. For more context where I work there maybe the same 5 people in the office at one time so it’s a very small group of employees. I ignored it telling myself it was me and I was imagining it.

But then today happened. My boss recently got a new work phone so her personal and work phone are on the one phone. She left it with me whilst she ducked out the office for a couple minutes to wait on an email she was expecting. I was in her phone and without thinking I stupidly went into her text messages. I seen a conversation between her and the owner of the business and more with another employee, discussing how I went home early last week. The message went like this “I’m timing the toilet stops already. First one was 16mins. (Owners name) is even timing 😂”. To say my heart broke when I read that because I had never had any issues since working there and still went to work despite throwing up and shitting all morning. I took every drug you could think of to help and I even took a heat pack with me to work hoping it would help but it didn’t. I then found more messages that went like “she may as well go home and use her own toilet paper.” And even “you need to watch the footage of her coming out of the toilet. I told (owners name) it looks like she just had a baby 😂.” They were all laughing at my misery thinking it was hilarious or some funny joke. I sat there and cried reading. I typed my name in the message app search bar and found more things. Things like how I used a single plate at lunch and because I left it in the sink they said “my house is filthy but hers must be a pigsty” all because I left ONE plate out! Like I’m so confused idk what I have done for them to think this poorly about me.

TLDR; So yeah TIFU and looked through my bosses phone and seen how they really think about me and now I’m just so lost and don’t know what to do.