• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

This one fawkin hurts to be honest witcha

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
First Fezzy, now this.

Got the email from my American fan, who oddly enough was related to their longtime road manager who passed almost two decades ago.

We're both mutual Stones fans, and he shared some lovely stories about them. Paid for the funeral over the families head - they didn't expect that - and quietly showed up to the funeral, too, sang Amazing Grace and just mingled the entire time. Really great blokes and a real-ass gesture of respect.

Pouring one out to Charlie. Not a favorite drummer, but he was truly a real-ass dude.

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
was this the guy who got caught with Cheese Pizza and tried to play it off as doing "research"?

at this point all 70s era british rock guys still alive seem like that
That’s The Who’s guitarist Pete Townshend. If my stones history is right, Charlie watts was pretty tame compared to the degeneracy of everyone else of that era. Seemed like a pretty good average guy. Probably the most actually talented of the group. Keith Richards isn’t a particularly good guitarist and Mick Jagger isn’t really a good singer. They could write a catchy tune and that’s about it. Oh, and somehow not die after using retarded amounts of heroine. That is more impressive than anything they’ve created.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
One time, Mick Jagger was all fucked up and partying in Amsterdam all night. He called Charlie Watts' room at 5am and woke him up and kept saying "Where's my drummer?"

Charlie Watts got out of bed, showered, put a full suit on and walked up to Mick's room, politely knocked on the door. When he answered the door, Charlie Watts laid Mick Jagger the fuck out and said "Never call me your drummer again. You're my fucking singer." And he went back to his room.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
One time, Mick Jagger was all fucked up and partying in Amsterdam all night. He called Charlie Watts' room at 5am and woke him up and kept saying "Where's my drummer?"

Charlie Watts got out of bed, showered, put a full suit on and walked up to Mick's room, politely knocked on the door. When he answered the door, Charlie Watts laid Mick Jagger the fuck out and said "Never call me your drummer again. You're my fucking singer." And he went back to his room.
Yeah yeah, we all read "Life" over the course of several days for free at Barnes and Noble

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
I really don’t understand why people get so bent out of shape when musicians or celebrities die. This guy was washed 40 years ago, he lived a full life, made millions off various retirement tours. What is there to be sad about? That you won’t get another “we’re back!” song in 2023?
To be fair, both of their 90s albums had some of their best work on them: "Love is Strong" and "Saint of Me." If you haven't seen it, watch "Love is Strong" from VMAs 94

UnPRePared

Maybe they have become a nostalgia act in a sense - you can't quite be one when you still put out original content though - but honestly, you don't get much better than the Stones for a nostalgia act.

Sure, they have backup singers to help Mick's voice, and extra guitarists to hide that Keith has lost a step. But when you're legends like that, I can't hate on it. How many are left? The Who, maybe?

UnPRePared

God, I wish I had stories like that with Genesis. But minus a blowup on the tour bus once (my fault, really), nothing really happened like that.

Tony was reserved and quite dry. Get him drinking a little and he opens up, but that was rare. Thank God he could be funny.

Mike was clearer, but guarded. Looking back, as the tour went on, I could see the disappointment on his face grow with every show. And again, I say this a lot, but the cancellation of the US tour just ripped him. When Tony called to tell me it was over, it didn't surprise me when I found out that Mike was the one to make the decision to stop.

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
God, I wish I had stories like that with Genesis. But minus a blowup on the tour bus once (my fault, really), nothing really happened like that.

Tony was reserved and quite dry. Get him drinking a little and he opens up, but that was rare. Thank God he could be funny.

Mike was clearer, but guarded. Looking back, as the tour went on, I could see the disappointment on his face grow with every show. And again, I say this a lot, but the cancellation of the US tour just ripped him. When Tony called to tell me it was over, it didn't surprise me when I found out that Mike was the one to make the decision to stop.
weirdly unrelated but kinda, I remember watching The Crying Game (1992) somewhat recently for the first time. I think because I've heard of it so much finally had to see what the commotion was. There's this recurring actor playing the bartender at a seedy joint where the tranny sings at at night

cryinggame6.jpg

idk the actor but this dude bartender looked like Phil Collins. It was ridiculous with that forehead and 1inch landingstrip bald spot. I looked it up even to see if it was (edit: this guy, hard to find a pic). It wasn't Collins, but the similarity isn't a surprise in a country where you're all 3rd cousins

At some point in the movie, either at the end when the IRA guy falls for the tranny or on some scene at the Phil Collins tended bar, they played this Boy George masterpiece

If you've never seen or heard of The Crying Game, it's a film (imo a kino) about a brutal IRA terrorist on the dodge from English investigators who, while hiding out, discovers this octaroon temptress and a nightclub and slowly falls in love with `her.` By the end he discovers this singer had a feminine penis, but can't let that get in the way of true love. It was a hit in the early 90s. And anyone who grew up in the early 90s remembers watching Ace Ventura at some point. Which brings us back to Ace: FINKEL IS EINHORN. EINHORN IS A MAN

once those baselines of Boy George's song hit in Crying Game it immediately took me back. The music in that Ace Ventura scene (which people have been trying to use to cancel Ace Ventura for years) is a direct reference, in a kids/family comedy movie, to a flim about the validity of men falling in love with trannies. And it was mocking it with shame showers, forced vomiting, and fetus position crying because Ace realized he kissed a potential tranny.

Better keep those old VHSs and DVDs, the Netflix Amazon Stream version you might want to watch 5 or 10 down the line is going to have some edits, if it's even there

Attachments

• 1630100680511.png
    1630100680511.png
    434.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited: