• This forum is dedicated exclusively to parody, comedy, and satirical content. None of the statements, opinions, or depictions shared on this platform should be considered or treated as factual information under any circumstances. All content is intended for entertainment purposes only and should be regarded as fictional, exaggerated, or purely the result of personal opinions and creative expression.

Please be aware that this forum may feature discussions and content related to taboo, controversial, or potentially offensive subjects. The purpose of this content is not to incite harm but to engage in satire and explore the boundaries of humor. If you are sensitive to such subjects or are easily offended, we kindly advise that you leave the forum.

Any similarities to real people, events, or situations are either coincidental or based on real-life inspirations but used within the context of fair use satire. By accepting this disclaimer, you acknowledge and understand that the content found within this forum is strictly meant for parody, satire, and entertainment. You agree not to hold the forum, its administrators, moderators, or users responsible for any content that may be perceived as offensive or inappropriate. You enter and participate in this forum at your own risk, with full awareness that everything on this platform is purely comedic, satirical, or opinion-based, and should never be taken as factual information.

If any information or discussion on this platform triggers distressing emotions or thoughts, please leave immediately and consider seeking assistance.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

This is not a metric any weightlifter uses you fat poser

G

I’ll defend his claim of 250lbs for a second.

If he was working a 5x5 program, you are basically adding 5lbs every single gym visit. I was doing it for a while and I brought my own 2.5lb plates to use. That being said I was also religious about attendance and my diet, neither of which he has the discipline for.

Otherwise, he probably just made it up.
Linger longer. He said this was a one off to "prove" to himself he. could do 250. My guess is he did a set of 3 or something at 225 then just called it 250 after adding 2, 10's for 245. The fact that he is boasting of maxxing out at 25 lbs above his body weight is sad. A 160 lb guy doing 185 is the equivalent and I see many guys 160-180 doing sets at 225.
I've never been to a gym without 2.5 lb plates. I was considering getting my own 1.25 lb plates for overhead press because going up 5 lbs on them each time becomes pretty difficult. Even with 5x5 I don't think you can continually increase by 5 lb with just proper attendance and diet. You also need consistent sleep (not drunken blackouts/replying to stlakers at 3 AM) and to lift with proper form.

There's no way this guy would have the patience to learn to lift with proper form, and if he did, his face wouldn't be so fat. Men don't usually start putting fat on their face until their body fat percentage is really high.

A common milestone people work towards before bragging online is to be able to bench their own body weight. Benching half your body weight like patrick claims isn't that impressive.
Your chest is one of those places where 5 lbs isn't a big jump so I think the thought he set up the 250 for the try at 250 seems bogus. What had he done? Did he do 245 and struggle mightily then toss on the 2.5 plates? Was he going up from a say a max set of 225 5 lbs at a time? It reads like he doesn't even know the bar weight and plate selection. 250 is over his stated weight, is round like him, and sounds like an impressive yet reachable number for regular dudes who are 200 lbs plus who go to the gym. I bet you can find Rick with the bar and 2 25's doing a "100" for his sets. He won't quibble over that extra 5 that is missing. Chadrick busts out 95 for sets of 8, child.

As for his fat face I knew lots of guys in their 20s who were fat bulls that did lift, they had big watermelon heads, guts, and tonnes of strength, Rick is not built like them. Nearly all of them stopped working out because being fat saps energy as you get older. Fucking no way a slob like Rick is a regular and just somewhere on twitter he's even claiming he still runs to this day, that nigger would have a coronary if he ran a block. The guy has a membership at some gym, goes once, twice a week hits a few machines at a low weight and thinks it has hardened his blubber, which it clearly hasn't.

To be clear I wasn't suggesting you weren't just talking about whether you can find 2.5s at a gym. I just wanted to point out the folly of his claim.

EllenTorquehorn

looking for a vehicle
I’ll defend his claim of 250lbs for a second.

If he was working a 5x5 program, you are basically adding 5lbs every single gym visit. I was doing it for a while and I brought my own 2.5lb plates to use. That being said I was also religious about attendance and my diet, neither of which he has the discipline for.

Otherwise, he probably just made it up.
I've never been to a gym without 2.5 lb plates. I was considering getting my own 1.25 lb plates for overhead press because going up 5 lbs on them each time becomes pretty difficult. Even with 5x5 I don't think you can continually increase by 5 lb with just proper attendance and diet. You also need consistent sleep (not drunken blackouts/replying to stlakers at 3 AM) and to lift with proper form.

There's no way this guy would have the patience to learn to lift with proper form, and if he did, his face wouldn't be so fat. Men don't usually start putting fat on their face until their body fat percentage is really high.

A common milestone people work towards before bragging online is to be able to bench their own body weight. Benching half your body weight like patrick claims isn't that impressive.
You're overthinking this.

- all gyms have 2.5lb plates unless you're in a cheap hotel or some shit
- yes you need micro plates for a novice linear progesssion for the press and the bench press because you will reach a point in those 2 lifts specifically where 5lb jumps are no longer possible.
- Fatso is not doing a novice linear progression program or he would look like something other than a sock full of old dough.
- Fatso is not doing a novice linear progression because he is very lazy.
- he thought 250 was a round number, which it is for laypeople but it's head-scratchingly odd for anyone familiar with barbells. He assumed that 300lbs would not be believable and 200lbs would not be impressive, so he settled on 250.

Harry Powell

Lyndon Evans Superfan

the 1.25 plates are not a bad idea. I am going to order some, I didn’t even think of that. My OHP also stalled out.