This is not a metric any weightlifter uses you fat poser

Honey Badger

My father has no penis
To be extremely autistic about this, an example workout would be for a beginner could be:

8 total exercises = 12,150 / 8 = 1,518.75 avg / exercise
3 sets per exercise = 1,518.75 /3 = 506.25 avg / set
8 reps = 506.25 /8~ 63 lbs per rep

So on average, he would be doing 63 pounds per rep on a beginner split. 30lbs dumbs in each hand.

Being generous, if he's really 230 lbs. An average pushup is ~70% of your weight. So 230*.7 ~161 lbs. Or 12,150 / 161 ~ 75 reps.

His entire workout is the equivalent to the effort of 75 pushups. Or maybe 3 minutes of a warm up.

That how retarded that metric is.

nice workout stupid.
I think we had more or less covered this, but thanks for the breakdown.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
While it helps to have strong triceps for a heavy bench, they may not be particularly defined. Especially in someone with long arms (offensive linemen in college and the NFL for example). The dead give away that Patrick doesn't work out is his overall physique and fat fucking head/face. If he drank booze (he does) ate slop (he does), if he worked out 1 to 2 hours a day, he would be in decent shape. Not top shape of course, he just wouldn't have spindly arms, a sagging chest, and such a really fat face- granted, his age kind of fucks up his results because drinking and eating dogshit at 42 isn't particularly wise, but working out 5-6 days a week would mitigate a lot if the obvious weight gain he has had.

The other way to tell that he's full of shit about working out us that if he did it consistently, he would cut back on the booze and start eating healthy because he would like the results he was getting and only a fucking retard would continue to sabotage their workout results which such a poor diet.
Also note he does next to nothing all day. He has nowhere to be so he just moves around the half house from the bathroom to the couch. If he had a regular job - one that involves him going to an office etc he would at least get some movement for the day, take walks regularly but he doesn’t have that. He’s really like a veal, that’s why he looks so soft and flappy, he barely gets off the couch. It amazes me he really thinks he looks like some jacked up gym bro dude (even claiming that the other gym bros look to him as an equal) yet anyone with eyes can see he’s just a skinny fat dork that is now a fat - fat dork. Just his head blowing up in size like it has in a short time is incredible, you take a 2016 photo of him compared to now and it’s two different people.

EllenTorquehorn

looking for a vehicle
To be extremely autistic about this, an example workout would be for a beginner could be:

8 total exercises = 12,150 / 8 = 1,518.75 avg / exercise
3 sets per exercise = 1,518.75 /3 = 506.25 avg / set
8 reps = 506.25 /8~ 63 lbs per rep

So on average, he would be doing 63 pounds per rep on a beginner split. 30lbs dumbs in each hand.

Being generous, if he's really 230 lbs. An average pushup is ~70% of your weight. So 230*.7 ~161 lbs. Or 12,150 / 161 ~ 75 reps.

His entire workout is the equivalent to the effort of 75 pushups. Or maybe 3 minutes of a warm up.

That how retarded that metric is.

nice workout stupid.
The late powerlifting coach Louie Simmons would sometimes use the metric of total volume for programming purposes (e.g. trying to maintain an equivalent workload between max effort squat days and lighter accessory exercises with bands and shit), but that was for optimizing periodization for literal world record holders, not a fat homo who just wants to work up a sweat at two in the afternoon and make his tuft glisten.
Also the metric can be (and of course in Fatso's case, almost certainly is) pointless if particular exercises are used. 6 sets of 10 reps at 200lbs is 12,000lbs total volume. For tricep kickbacks, that's pretty impressive. For the leg press, that's so easy it would bore you sooner than wear you out.

Also I think all of this is corroborated by his appearance, which strikes me as a bit doughy to be perfectly honest.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
The "I bench 250" thing is such a hilarious lie because it implies that he has 2 45s, a 10 and a 2.5 lb plate on each side of the bar. No person benching that much weight is even going to be using 5 lb plates, let alone 2.5... There's no other way to come to that total weight on a standard 45 lb bar. If he said "I bench 225" or even "I bench 275," I'd be more inclined to believe him. But since he never lifts and doesn't know basic gym math, he can't tell convincing lies.

Besides, benching 250 isn't even that impressive. My one-rep max was 225 when I was a 20 year old twink. I'd assume that's his one-rep max too, so his regular lift is probably closer to 185. This is all under the impression that he's not exaggerating either. And judging by the recent photos of his non-existent triceps at Confusion...
It’s like he figured that sounded impressive but believable. Like 225 wasn’t good enough but 275 was far fetched. 250 it is, child. Knowing him he doesn’t even try to work out a certain group on a day, just wonders around and plops himself down at a machine while looking at his phone. You can even see on his hands they don’t have any callus spots which you would get from doing barbell / dumbbell / bar workouts. It would be hilarious to watch him try and do 10 pushups

EllenTorquehorn

looking for a vehicle
It’s like he figured that sounded impressive but believable. Like 225 wasn’t good enough but 275 was far fetched. 250 it is, child.
He doesn't have anything but a passing familiarity with free weights, so he didn't understand that 225 is a very round number and that 250 is not only not a round number but so odd as to be immediately suspicious.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
The late powerlifting coach Louie Simmons would sometimes use the metric of total volume for programming purposes (e.g. trying to maintain an equivalent workload between max effort squat days and lighter accessory exercises with bands and shit), but that was for optimizing periodization for literal world record holders, not a fat homo who just wants to work up a sweat at two in the afternoon and make his tuft glisten.
Also the metric can be (and of course in Fatso's case, almost certainly is) pointless if particular exercises are used. 6 sets of 10 reps at 200lbs is 12,000lbs total volume. For tricep kickbacks, that's pretty impressive. For the leg press, that's so easy it would bore you sooner than wear you out.

Also I think all of this is corroborated by his appearance, which strikes me as a bit doughy to be perfectly honest.
Also don’t forget he NEEDS to use the steam room for his big boy workouts, he complained when it wasn’t open during Covid protocols. I bet he thinks sweating is just the same as working out so steam room is some work out life hack. He goes to a “fitness club” because of it when most people that are into working out / body builder types don’t need that. Years ago in college I worked out at a weight heavy gym and I think they had like 2 treadmills and two bikes but dumbbells up to 150 and no “spin classes” or anything like that. No steam room either.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
None of these numbers matter unless he is doing free weights, and he isnt. Nothing wrong with using machines to excersize alone but when you talk about weight with other people that lift then its assumed you are using free weights.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
He doesn't have anything but a passing familiarity with free weights, so he didn't understand that 225 is a very round number and that 250 is not only not a round number but so odd as to be immediately suspicious.
Also note Pat’s “Gym Story” lies that would never happen anywhere. This weekend I was at my gym and saw a couple of the regulars who are all jacked up and I’ve pretty much never seen them talk to anyone else, just focused on their work outs because that’s how they got to look that way. Maybe a head nod to others at the most. But Pat wants everyone to think these types are just hanging out the whole time talking to other people working out to either laugh at some fat person or Pat and the “gym regulars” are all hanging out and laughing / making bets on how long the new years resolution people last. He really is the king of “this never happened” when it comes to his gym stories.

Kurt_Love

Also note Pat’s “Gym Story” lies that would never happen anywhere. This weekend I was at my gym and saw a couple of the regulars who are all jacked up and I’ve pretty much never seen them talk to anyone else, just focused on their work outs because that’s how they got to look that way. Maybe a head nod to others at the most. But Pat wants everyone to think these types are just hanging out the whole time talking to other people working out to either laugh at some fat person or Pat and the “gym regulars” are all hanging out and laughing / making bets on how long the new years resolution people last. He really is the king of “this never happened” when it comes to his gym stories.
He thinks January 1st at the gym is like the fresh fish walking in to start their sentences in Shawshank. I think that comes from his own terror being afraid of all the big tough brontosauruses every time he psyches himself up for planet fitness.

G

His fake max of 250 means he i
Some mobile apps list the overall volume of weight you lifted when you complete your workout. Pat probably started using one and when he saw the total amount of weight he got really excited and rushed to Twitter to post it, even though it doesn't mean anything without knowing the amount of sets/reps.

At 42 years old, with a shit diet, and no PEDs, he's never going to lift anything impressive ever. It's just going to diminish year after year, so he should drop the larp.
Of course if he did this he still added reps and weight to each set.

EraGodless

Also note he does next to nothing all day. He has nowhere to be so he just moves around the half house from the bathroom to the couch. If he had a regular job - one that involves him going to an office etc he would at least get some movement for the day, take walks regularly but he doesn’t have that. He’s really like a veal, that’s why he looks so soft and flappy, he barely gets off the couch. It amazes me he really thinks he looks like some jacked up gym bro dude (even claiming that the other gym bros look to him as an equal) yet anyone with eyes can see he’s just a skinny fat dork that is now a fat - fat dork. Just his head blowing up in size like it has in a short time is incredible, you take a 2016 photo of him compared to now and it’s two different people.
mpv-shot0023 (1).jpg

Harry Powell

Lyndon Evans Superfan
I’ll defend his claim of 250lbs for a second.

If he was working a 5x5 program, you are basically adding 5lbs every single gym visit. I was doing it for a while and I brought my own 2.5lb plates to use. That being said I was also religious about attendance and my diet, neither of which he has the discipline for.

Otherwise, he probably just made it up.

I've never been to a gym without 2.5 lb plates. I was considering getting my own 1.25 lb plates for overhead press because going up 5 lbs on them each time becomes pretty difficult. Even with 5x5 I don't think you can continually increase by 5 lb with just proper attendance and diet. You also need consistent sleep (not drunken blackouts/replying to stlakers at 3 AM) and to lift with proper form.

There's no way this guy would have the patience to learn to lift with proper form, and if he did, his face wouldn't be so fat. Men don't usually start putting fat on their face until their body fat percentage is really high.

A common milestone people work towards before bragging online is to be able to bench their own body weight. Benching half your body weight like patrick claims isn't that impressive.