"They were voted the MOST HATED sub on reddit"

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
The sub was the canary in the coal mine for what Reddit would become, which is an echo chamber that cannibalizes its own user base for ideological reasons to appease unemployed trannies and bots.

Getting exiled from there to a 2004-style forum single handedly pushed the pests into another golden era. I’d argue the whole internet would probably be better off if it regressed back to 2004

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
The sub was the canary in the coal mine for what Reddit would become, which is an echo chamber that cannibalizes its own user base for ideological reasons to appease unemployed trannies and bots.

Getting exiled from there to a 2004-style forum single handedly pushed the pests into another golden era. I’d argue the whole internet would probably be better off if it regressed back to 2004

Reddit is just a bunch of cunty fedora atheists now who think they’re hilarious and witty but are profoundly not funny.

They are Eric Hildeman.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Reddit is just a bunch of cunty fedora atheists now who think they’re hilarious and witty but are profoundly not funny.

They are Eric Hildeman.
I bet at least 40% of their active users are bots. That may even be a conservative estimate. I don’t believe any of the stats out there that says they’re growing users.

The fact that they are a public company is insane to me. There’s no money to be made off of the Eric Hildemans of the world. I’m guessing it’ll probably become a meme stock at some point.

G

I bet at least 40% of their active users are bots. That may even be a conservative estimate. I don’t believe any of the stats out there that says they’re growing users.

The fact that they are a public company is insane to me. There’s no money to be made off of the Eric Hildemans of the world. I’m guessing it’ll probably become a meme stock at some point.
And a ton of paid shills too. The whole "the people demanded it" charade they try to pull is so transparent, especially when they censor anything other than lukewarm opposition.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
And a ton of paid shills too. The whole "the people demanded it" charade they try to pull is so transparent, especially when they censor anything other than lukewarm opposition.
They were sending out messages last year that you could monetize your posts and that they would pay you for the highly upvoted posts. I wasnt going to give them my information. I wonder how much it actually pays out now that its been active for a bit.

RobertMewler

I don't think I have the poll post archived but I re-found this cutie:

Ban Evasion

This quarter, we dealt with a highly coordinated ban evasion ring from users of /r/opieandanthony. This began after we banned the subreddit for targeted harassment of users, as well as repeated copyright infringement. The group would quickly pop up on both new and abandoned subreddits to continue the abuse. We also learned that they were coordinating on another platform and through dedicated websites to redirect users to the latest target of their harassment.

This situation was different from your run-of-the-mill shitheadery ban evasion because the group was both creating new subreddits and resurrecting inactive or unmoderated subreddits. We quickly adjusted our efforts to this behavior. We also reported their offending account to the other platform and they were quick to ban the account. We then contacted the hosts of the independent websites to report the abuse. This helped ensure that the sites are no longer able to redirect automatically to Reddit for abuse purposes. Ultimately, we banned 78 subreddits (5 of which existed prior to the attack), and suspended 2,382 accounts. The ban evading activity has largely ceased (you know...until they read this).

The Talking Dead

I'm close to death! Hahahaha hooooooly shit!!
I’d argue the whole internet would probably be better off if it regressed back to 2004

100%. Social media has been a failed experiment. We're clearly too dumb as a species to handle it. It's not only given rise to an innumerable amount of narcissists and grifters but also allowed crazy shit like "non binary" to pushed into the mainstream. This forum is a lil taste :brothaman_sm: of more normal times.

I don't think I have the poll post archived but I re-found this cutie:

Ban Evasion

This quarter, we dealt with a highly coordinated ban evasion ring from users of /r/opieandanthony. This began after we banned the subreddit for targeted harassment of users, as well as repeated copyright infringement. The group would quickly pop up on both new and abandoned subreddits to continue the abuse. We also learned that they were coordinating on another platform and through dedicated websites to redirect users to the latest target of their harassment.

This situation was different from your run-of-the-mill shitheadery ban evasion because the group was both creating new subreddits and resurrecting inactive or unmoderated subreddits. We quickly adjusted our efforts to this behavior. We also reported their offending account to the other platform and they were quick to ban the account. We then contacted the hosts of the independent websites to report the abuse. This helped ensure that the sites are no longer able to redirect automatically to Reddit for abuse purposes. Ultimately, we banned 78 subreddits (5 of which existed prior to the attack), and suspended 2,382 accounts. The ban evading activity has largely ceased (you know...until they read this).

Damn, we were hilarious.

AliceWorquer

Fat bitch with faggot tits
Was there an actual poll and does anyone have the results? I just remember seeing it referred to "the dreaded r/opieandanthony subreddit" or something like that in their announcement.
No, he is just a retard. It was most hateful. Some bot or other determined we had more slurs per capita than anywhere else on reddit for two years running.

The Talking Dead

I'm close to death! Hahahaha hooooooly shit!!
Remember when Patrick's Reddit profile carried the flair "r/opieandanthony user" because of how often he was lurking and "No, child"ing in our sub?

Same as now, except that now he's too much of a giant pussy to post here.

Did pig ever actually post on the sub? I don't remember that. I remember him arguing on other places with us on reddit, most notably the r/autism thread but I don't recall him actually engaging on the sub itself.