There Will Be Blood - boring movie for pretentious faggots

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Had one of the most pretentious and ridiculous endings I have ever seen. An oil tycoon billionaire living alone and beating someone from his past to death who just shows up out the blue. Like some giant oil billionaire would ever allow someone like that to even get on his property. Or would bother wasting his time meeting with that person in the first place. He would be meeting with presidents and senators not some dopey kid. And someone who ran a major successful oil business when it was a new emerging market being a psycho and murderer was also retarded. It was like a scene from American Psycho that came out of nowhere. "Hey let's have him beat a guy to death with a bowling pin". Oh brilliant writing you faggots.

I also hate how he was manically screaming about "milkshakes". I remember watching the movie and thinking how misplaced of a word that was for that time period. Like who used the word 'milkshake' like that ever? So I looked it up. The fag director said that he read actual testimony from the early 1900s where some politician used that 'exact' phrase. Someone looked through archives and found no references like that whatsoever. But some reporter found a 2003 archive of a New Mexico politician giving the exact same speech. And the dumb cocksucker director acted like he had no idea about that speech.

Art is just another form of communication, like language. You make art because you want to express an idea, so the more simply, clearly and coherently you can do that, the better.

If you're talented and have something to say with art, you don't need to dress it up in esoteric bullshit to make it 'open for interpretation'. If you're going to have him kill a guy and yell "I'm finished!", then fucking find a way to make the audience understand why that happens. It reminds me of people who intentionally use difficult and obscure words even though simpler ones would've been more effective.

G

Had one of the most pretentious and ridiculous endings I have ever seen. An oil tycoon billionaire living alone and beating someone from his past to death who just shows up out the blue. Like some giant oil billionaire would ever allow someone like that to even get on his property. Or would bother wasting his time meeting with that person in the first place. He would be meeting with presidents and senators not some dopey kid. And someone who ran a major successful oil business when it was a new emerging market being a psycho and murderer was also retarded. It was like a scene from American Psycho that came out of nowhere. "Hey let's have him beat a guy to death with a bowling pin". Oh brilliant writing you faggots.

I also hate how he was manically screaming about "milkshakes". I remember watching the movie and thinking how misplaced of a word that was for that time period. Like who used the word 'milkshake' like that ever? So I looked it up. The fag director said that he read actual testimony from the early 1900s where some politician used that 'exact' phrase. Someone looked through archives and found no references like that whatsoever. But some reporter found a 2003 archive of a New Mexico politician giving the exact same speech. And the dumb cocksucker director acted like he had no idea about that speech.
Yeah that milkshake thing really put a stain on the whole movie. Nice job ruining the whole thing with an unnecessary gay ending with a faggot actor stupid.

Monk

An oil tycoon billionaire living alone and beating someone from his past to death who just shows up out the blue. Like some giant oil billionaire would ever allow someone like that to even get on his property. Or would bother wasting his time meeting with that person in the first place. He would be meeting with presidents and senators not some dopey kid. And someone who ran a major successful oil business when it was a new emerging market being a psycho and murderer was also retarded. It was like a scene from American Psycho that came out of nowhere. "Hey let's have him beat a guy to death with a bowling pin". Oh brilliant writing you faggots.

Translation: I didn't pay attention when I watched the movie so here's a bunch of speculative idiocy about how a "giant oil billionaire"(they never say he's a billionaire in the movie but apparently rich = billionaire) is supposed to act. Daniel being a "murderer and a psycho" came out of nowhere. It's not as if he murdered anyone else in the movie until the end, oh wait, he did? Uhh. Well...the psychotic behavior was out of nowhere! Oh, it wasn't? He used his dead co-worker's child as a prop to make money by pretending the child was his then immediately turned on him as soon as he showed any sign of independence? Yeah, that's pretty psychotic...

If you're talented and have something to say with art, you don't need to dress it up in esoteric bullshit to make it 'open for interpretation'. If you're going to have him kill a guy and yell "I'm finished!", then fucking find a way to make the audience understand why that happens. It reminds me of people who intentionally use difficult and obscure words even though simpler ones would've been more effective.

Translation: I'm stupid, have no imagination, and need everything spoonfed to me. Can't wait to see the next Marvel movie!

Shut up, stupids.

Feltch My Ass

Dan posting, it’s what’s for Dinner

I don't think the ending was supposed to be taken literally

Art is just another form of communication, like language. You make art because you want to express an idea, so the more simply, clearly and coherently you can do that, the better.

Some people like looking at paintings, some people don't

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Translation: I didn't pay attention when I watched the movie so here's a bunch of speculative idiocy about how a "giant oil billionaire"(they never say he's a billionaire in the movie but apparently rich = billionaire) is supposed to act. Daniel being a "murderer and a psycho" came out of nowhere. It's not as if he murdered anyone else in the movie until the end, oh wait, he did? Uhh. Well...the psychotic behavior was out of nowhere! Oh, it wasn't? He used his dead co-worker's child as a prop to make money by pretending the child was his then immediately turned on him as soon as he showed any sign of independence? Yeah, that's pretty psychotic...

Translation: I'm stupid, have no imagination, and need everything spoonfed to me. Can't wait to see the next Marvel movie!

Shut up, stupids.
Yikes

Just because I don't like Paul Thomas Anderson (except Boogie Nights) it doesn't mean I'm into Marvel. I like plenty of slow and 'mature' stuff as long as the director doesn't mess around. Watched Sorry We Missed You recently and liked it a lot.

G

Just because I don't like Paul Thomas Anderson (except Boogie Nights) it doesn't mean I'm into Marvel. I like plenty of slow and 'mature' stuff as long as the director doesn't mess around. Watched Sorry We Missed You recently and liked it a lot.
This thread died yesterday you fuck. You didn't need to bump it so everyone could see your insight (shitty) on Paul anderson.
fruit.