• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

The ‘Special Thanks’ Section of “Demented World” CD perfectly exemplifies the different personalities of Opie & Anthony

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Anthony’s little write-up was just him telling the story of getting ass raped by Boomer Esiason. Plus he was too pussy to even include Boomers name. Meanwhile, Opie’s entry was thoughtful, inspiring, and it still holds up as a synopsis of the great O&A Show. See for yourself and tell me who was the brains of the operation. Opie was the mastermind behind the entire brand.

Anthony
ANTHONY thanx: JENNIFER, OPIE, MY BROTHER JOE, ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL FOR THE TELEPHONE (prank calls are hard to do in person!), ViTO CORLEONE, ELI WHiTNEY FOR THE COTTON GIN, MARSHA, JAN, CINDY, GREG, PETER, BOBBY, MiKE , CAROL, ALICE, TIGER, SAM THE BUTCHER. CAPTAIN MORGAN, BERNIE & PHiL, STIMiE, BUCKWHEAT. PETE POLINA (my high school Dean, who told me i was wasting my time in school: He was right!). How many people can say that they once had a fight with an NFL Quarterback? Hey, i did. Okay, so we were both only 11 years old at the time, but it happened! We were in the same 5th grade class back on Long island. He was the big jock type, loved by all the gym teachers. He even acquired his cool, macho nickname which he still uses today. How do you compete with that at eleven? Anyway, one day we were playing dodge ball and Mr. Future Quarterback was on the opposing team. With an arm like a P*ckin' cannon, he was taking people out like Pacino in the final scene of Scarface. My friend, Timmy Struthers was next to me when he made a fatal dodge ball error: he looked down. By the time Timmy's head came back up, Mr. NFL had already wound up and fired. Many years later i saw this quarterback on TV make that same throw 80 yards into the end zone. Timmy was only 10 feet away. The red rubber ball found its mark right on Timmy's forehead. "Yer out Struthers Walk it off-What, are you a girl?" yelled the gym teacher. I'd had ill This guy got away with everything. Now, i knew i could never beat him in a fight, but i had a secret Weapon: his real name. He hated it!

Opie
If OJ didn't kill Nicole, Anthony and I would probably not be doing this radio show!

I was doing a very successful night show at WBAB on Long island in the summer of 1994, when I encouraged local bands to come up with a song parody about the OJ fiasco. Although I got dozens of songs, there was one that stood out above the rest. “Electric Shock OJ” by RotGut peaked my demented sense of humor. It was by far the best song I received. I started playing it on the radio and proceeded to get hundreds of requests for the song.

I eventually invited the artist Anthony and his band to come down to play the song live on the air. I quickly realized that Anthony and I had the same demented look on the world. The second time Anthony appeared on the show, we both got head-butted in the groin by a goat. I think that's when we decided to become partners on the radio.

Soon after that, Anthony became a regular part of my show. He continued installing air conditioners during the day and would come in at night to hang out on the radio. I’ve met many comedians in my life and will honestly say that Anthony is the funniest person I’ve had the pleasure of working with. After only knowing Anthony a little over 6 months, we took the afternoon drive show at WAAF in March of 1995. After getting to know him some more, I was glad to find out that Anthony wasn't a serial killer.

Our philosophy is simple: We want to entertain as many people as humanly possible. While on the air, we make fun of everyone and everything. We even make fun of stuff that affects us personally. We're well aware that we upset at least one person every time we turn on the microphones, but I try not to let that get to me. Besides, in the words of my Dad... "If they crucified Christ, what chance do I have?"

With that in mind, I'm often asked if we find anything off limits. My answer is: As long as I know that we're making a lot more smile and laugh than are getting pissed at us, then I know we're doing our job.

"The true enemy of creativity is good taste."

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Ants reads like a yearbook entry.
Not really. Anthony's is depressing to read. Like has no friends. He thanks his wife Jennifer whom he hated. He thanks Opie whom he would go on to hate. He thanks Brother Joe whom he likely resents over their financial arrangement. Then when he runs out of friends and associates he mentions a bunch of fictional characters. He wants it to come across as funny and amusing. But it just comes across as empty and lifeless as it reveals that Anthony has no real friends and family.

When Anthony is told by the record label, "Put some thanks to your friends here". He literally doesn't have enough friends to fill a paragraph and resorts to naming Godfather characters and Brady Bunch characters. And his mentioning of people from his high school and childhood are in mockery. "Hey you told me I wouldn't succeed as a dropout but I get the last laugh". He isn't even comfortable in his success and is more bitter over his upbringing than his achievements as an adult. Knowing what we know about Anthony's childhood this makes sense now of course.

"Soon after that, Anthony became a regular part of my show. He continued installing air conditioners during the day and would come in at night to hang out on the radio. I’ve met many comedians in my life and will honestly say that Anthony is the funniest person I’ve had the pleasure of working with".

Imagine someone giving you your dream job. Always keeping things professional and building you up your entire career. Giving you a sense of purpose. Giving you fifty times your net worth in radio contracts compared to your air conditioning years. Surrounding you with celebrities, comedians, actors, athletes, and so on. Massive exposure. Allowing your talentless loser brother to plug his bar gigs on air for free. Never badmouthing you in public and keeping any negativity behind the scenes and private. Defending you at every chance.

And then throwing it all away to accomplish literally nothing.

Forum Clout
Not really. Anthony's is depressing to read. Like has no friends. He thanks his wife Jennifer whom he hated. He thanks Opie whom he would go on to hate. He thanks Brother Joe whom he likely resents over their financial arrangement. Then when he runs out of friends and associates he mentions a bunch of fictional characters. He wants it to come across as funny and amusing. But it just comes across as empty and lifeless as it reveals that Anthony has no real friends and family.

When Anthony is told by the record label, "Put some thanks to your friends here". He literally doesn't have enough friends to fill a paragraph and resorts to naming Godfather characters and Brady Bunch characters. And his mentioning of people from his high school and childhood are in mockery. "Hey you told me I wouldn't succeed as a dropout but I get the last laugh". He isn't even comfortable in his success and is more bitter over his upbringing than his achievements as an adult. Knowing what we know about Anthony's childhood this makes sense now of course.

"Soon after that, Anthony became a regular part of my show. He continued installing air conditioners during the day and would come in at night to hang out on the radio. I’ve met many comedians in my life and will honestly say that Anthony is the funniest person I’ve had the pleasure of working with".

Imagine someone giving you your dream job. Always keeping things professional and building you up your entire career. Giving you a sense of purpose. Giving you fifty times your net worth in radio contracts compared to your air conditioning years. Surrounding you with celebrities, comedians, actors, athletes, and so on. Massive exposure. Allowing your talentless loser brother to plug his bar gigs on air for free. Never badmouthing you in public and keeping any negativity behind the scenes and private. Defending you at every chance.

And then throwing it all away to accomplish literally nothing.
Opie talks about the show, and graciously compliments Nana. Nana babbles about some meaningless bullshit from school, that has nothing to do with anything. Opie stays on topic, Nana tries and fails to be wacky and irreverent.

THE D

Forum Clout
This just proves that Auntie never understood the show.

Opie lays it out nice and plainly. He did it up nice. “Our sense of humor is demented.” Does that sound corny? In hindsight, sure. But he’s basically saying in other words “we do dark comedy here.” That was his way of tying it into the title of the CD.

Auntie? He took literally the directive “write a few paragraphs about how DEMENTED you are!”

And he STILL doesn’t get it. He really thinks HE saved Opie from a “boring” career in radio. Which is still higher status than a grueling career in manual labor. (Which Opie thanklessly saved Auntie from.)

Forum Clout
Ants reads like a yearbook entry. Even when things are going great he’s an insecure manchild. Seeing shit like this from his past really rattles him now too. few examples on his dogshit new show where he encounters a happytimes relic like this that isn’t brought up much. You can see his whole demeanour, posture change…
It sounds like a 13 year old girl (who's completely fuckable) wrote it.

Forum Clout
This just proves that Auntie never understood the show.

Opie lays it out nice and plainly. He did it up nice. “Our sense of humor is demented.” Does that sound corny? In hindsight, sure. But he’s basically saying in other words “we do dark comedy here.” That was his way of tying it into the title of the CD.

Auntie? He took literally the directive “write a few paragraphs about how DEMENTED you are!”

And he STILL doesn’t get it. He really thinks HE saved Opie from a “boring” career in radio. Which is still higher status than a grueling career in manual labor. (Which Opie thanklessly saved Auntie from.)
Nana was promoting himself, while Opie was promoting the show. Nana was trying to show the world how hilarious Anthony Cumia was, by spinning a Howard-like shock jock yarn (bullied geek turns the tables) and trying really hard to be kooky by throwing his Gen X pop culture references in there too. He didn't mention the show at all, and it probably never entered his mind to do so. Right from the start, it all went straight to his head.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
Nana did the same shit in his shitty book. A lot of reminiscing about the moment he no longer was a working stiff and could look down on the other losers. Just a bunch of resentful, looking-back-over-your-shoulder crap because his life after gaining wealth wasn't fulfilling in the slightest, just him living out his Peter Pan fantasies through sheer degeneracy. Someone a while back coined the term "wop paradise" to describe AntH after satellite money and it's very fitting.

THE D

Forum Clout
I made a minor mistake and cut a few paragraphs from Anthony’s write up. He doesn’t change the subject and just continues barreling through his terrible story:

i waited for the perfect opportunity. I peeked around a corner and he was at the end of the hallway. As loud as i could, i screamed "Hi (real name)"- hell, it even echoed. it felt great.

"That's for you, Timmy.
(3:00 PM) Schools out! God, my last meal was a pizza bagel. A crowd was already there outside and Mr. NFL was in the middle of it, smiling and talking to girls. I walked right over to him. He took off his coat and i zipped mine up. (Hey, the more padding the better.) i ran right at him - right arm out like a battering ram and hit him directly in the forehead. I never heard the snap of the ulna and radius (the two bones that make up your forearm), but i sure felt it! Thank God for the pain of the quarterbacks fist to my chin. allowed me to forget about the pain of my broken arm. He walked away and called me a p'ssy.

I spent summer vacation that year in a cast. I did get some restitution years later after watching him lead his team to a Superbowl loss. Fortunately, i don't hold any grudges and i hope you don't either: NORMAN!!!