• This forum is dedicated exclusively to parody, comedy, and satirical content. None of the statements, opinions, or depictions shared on this platform should be considered or treated as factual information under any circumstances. All content is intended for entertainment purposes only and should be regarded as fictional, exaggerated, or purely the result of personal opinions and creative expression.

Please be aware that this forum may feature discussions and content related to taboo, controversial, or potentially offensive subjects. The purpose of this content is not to incite harm but to engage in satire and explore the boundaries of humor. If you are sensitive to such subjects or are easily offended, we kindly advise that you leave the forum.

Any similarities to real people, events, or situations are either coincidental or based on real-life inspirations but used within the context of fair use satire. By accepting this disclaimer, you acknowledge and understand that the content found within this forum is strictly meant for parody, satire, and entertainment. You agree not to hold the forum, its administrators, moderators, or users responsible for any content that may be perceived as offensive or inappropriate. You enter and participate in this forum at your own risk, with full awareness that everything on this platform is purely comedic, satirical, or opinion-based, and should never be taken as factual information.

If any information or discussion on this platform triggers distressing emotions or thoughts, please leave immediately and consider seeking assistance.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

The Kinks appreciation thread

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface
never really listened to them until this and the bob dylan thread, vurry good.. kinda remind me of the byrds

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I hear the "cherry cola" version of "Lola", even though I haven't heard the original on the radio since I was very young.

McGowan6

What did you think today was going to be?
I've mentioned it before on here but I used to live near the same area as Ray Davies. He grew up in Muswell Hill and moved literally up the road to Highgate as an adult. Saw him out and about a few times and served him lunch once when I was a student and worked at a pub around there. Very very unassuming guy in the flesh. Has an intensity about him but looks shy and private too. Seems to like eating plain English fare too as another time I saw him in a greasy spoon where I picked up a late breakfast and he was eating egg and chips. Musical genius but seems like a quiet and humble dude.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
The final song on the final Kinks album, what a way to end it, Ray's songwriting never disappoints, at his peak right here.

And those harmonies between the Davies brothers always warms the cockles of my heart.

I want it played at my funeral, it's beautiful.

Last edited:

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
The final song on the final Kinks album, what a way to end it, Ray's songwriting never disappoints, at his peak right here.

And those harmonies between the Davies brothers always warms the cockles of my heart.

I want it played at my funeral, it's beautiful.

Amazing song. My discovery of The Kinks was very linear. The quality of their songs dipped at certain points, but never declined.
Not many bands can say their last track is among their greatest.

Last edited: