The Graduate (1967)

G

I went through a phase in my early 20s of having to watch all the "classic" films of the 1960s and 70s. The Graduate was one of those "you have to watch it" films that was on all the lists. It was one of the most underwhelming ones I remember, along with the French Connection. Boring shit.

G

I went through a phase in my early 20s of having to watch all the "classic" films of the 1960s and 70s. The Graduate was one of those "you have to watch it" films that was on all the lists. It was one of the most underwhelming ones I remember, along with the French Connection. Boring shit.
Extend that to Escape from Alcatraz, Clockwork Orange, Taxi Driver, Dirty Harry, etc. All boring garbage but supposedly 'classics'...Meanwhile, "bad" movies from that era hold up better than the supposed good ones (Smokey and the Bandit for eg, or those Bruce Lee kung-fu films).

Extend that to Escape from Alcatraz, Clockwork Orange, Taxi Driver, Dirty Harry, etc. All boring garbage but supposedly 'classics'...Meanwhile, "bad" movies from that era hold up better than the supposed good ones (Smokey and the Bandit for eg, or those Bruce Lee kung-fu films).
Escape from Alcatraz rules

Stent

swatchsticker
I liked the end where they get on the bus and then their faces sink because the reality of what they’ve just done hits them
I honestly thought that by the end it didn't really matter what they'd done. The rushed wedding seemed a stupid contrivance that made no sense, so stopping it had zero implications for either of them. Fighting their way out of the chapel was ridiculous.

woulda banged Anne Bancroft
I'm glad you're willing to stand by such a tough opinion to hold.

G

Anything with woody allen or dustin hoffman is always pushed as a (((must see)))

And they all fucking suck

G

I loved Taxi Driver as a teen. Now it bores me to tears. Kundun though, I liked it!

Stent

swatchsticker
Anything with woody allen or dustin hoffman is always pushed as a (((must see)))

And they all fucking suck
I did notice the fraternity was all blond-haired blue-eyed date rapists. Seemed odd given the one they called the make-out king (lol) was also desperate to get married at zero notice.