Summer pig, feeling so dry

G

getting sober in his styyyyyyyyyy....

Sending Rick on a goose chase:

1689780670803.png

I'm in no way trying to brag here, I just wanted to share this as proof that if you do commit to sobriety, you will look and feel much happier. Relying on heavy drugs and alcohol is no way to go through life.

I was getting drunk at the bar until close nearly every night then going home to hit the bottle. Arguing online until 4/5 am on anonymous message boards. Stressed, anxious, and sad. I even signed away the parental rights to my daughter. I was eating a truly disgusting diet and gorging myself with pizza, burgers, and fries. The monster of addiction had me. I thought it was normal because I used to drink and do coke with my mom and younger brother on a regular basis. Didn't realize how wrong it all was and I became a sad lonely individual. No job, no hobbies, no friends, just debt and twitter. I was able to quit smoking and (back in the day) blow, cold turkey no problem. So, I always figured I could stop drinking and I just couldn't.

Eventually my legal problems landed me in jail (failure to pay debts) where, for the first time really, I was forced to be 100% sober. I gained a passion for reading science fiction, marathon running, and passed some community college courses. When I got out, I was lucky enough to get a shift stocking shelves at target. I've now been a manager for 5 years.

For the first time in a long time, I feel truly happy in my heart today. I try not to post online due to my past erratic behavior, but reading this board has helped me through so much and I wanted to say thank you to all of you.

For those struggling with sobriety, I think it is important to know that no matter how dark and low you get you can always start pulling youself out.

getting sober in his styyyyyyyyyy....

Sending Rick on a goose chase:

View attachment 136178

I'm in no way trying to brag here, I just wanted to share this as proof that if you do commit to sobriety, you will look and feel much happier. Relying on heavy drugs and alcohol is no way to go through life.

I was getting drunk at the bar until close nearly every night then going home to hit the bottle. Arguing online until 4/5 am on anonymous message boards. Stressed, anxious, and sad. I even signed away the parental rights to my daughter. I was eating a truly disgusting diet and gorging myself with pizza, burgers, and fries. The monster of addiction had me. I thought it was normal because I used to drink and do coke with my mom and younger brother on a regular basis. Didn't realize how wrong it all was and I became a sad lonely individual. No job, no hobbies, no friends, just debt and twitter. I was able to quit smoking and (back in the day) blow, cold turkey no problem. So, I always figured I could stop drinking and I just couldn't.

Eventually my legal problems landed me in jail (failure to pay debts) where, for the first time really, I was forced to be 100% sober. I gained a passion for reading science fiction, marathon running, and passed some community college courses. When I got out, I was lucky enough to get a shift stocking shelves at target. I've now been a manager for 5 years.

For the first time in a long time, I feel truly happy in my heart today. I try not to post online due to my past erratic behavior, but reading this board has helped me through so much and I wanted to say thank you to all of you.

For those struggling with sobriety, I think it is important to know that no matter how dark and low you get you can always start pulling youself out.
I wonder if stopping drinking would even help him lose weight. That effeminate clown looks like 3 Natty Lights puts him under the table. A single Guiness turns him into Jim Lahey.