• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Stupid Danny: Let's hear the dirt on Lazlow

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Lazlow claims to have been inducted into the Museum of Television and Radio in 1995 for "being a pioneer in broadcasting."

The Technofile was a little syndicated "paid programming" bit he would put out to various radio affiliates, it was literally 60 seconds long. He did a 1 minute show.

Did you produce Lazlow's show on The Virus?

Apparently his dad was a fed or something? Drugs? Wha happen?

Let's hear it Danny, we know you want to unload on stupid and his ponytail. Do you ever boot up the GTA games he's in, so you can kill him?

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Does Lazlow's old show exist at all? He used to sell it online, and I actually tried messaging him about it but he never responded. Used to sell it as a box set. Hope that's not lost.

You can find a lot of them on archive.org on his old websites, they are saved because they're such tiny files.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
I didn't enjoy how he handled things at the end of my time at Rockstar. This was a guy who everyday, would pull me into his office for half hour chats about nonsense and bullshit. Tell me I'm doing great and how I'd know if something was up. Except one of those days we didn't go into his office for a chat. We passed his office and went down to HR, where he bailed mid-meeting. Then he lied to me about what happened and started gossiping with Anthony LONG after we had spent loads of time shit talking and wondering just what the hell happened with him.

I went to this guy's block parties. We went to the beach. We went camping. Sad, really.

Forum Clout
I didn't enjoy how he handled things at the end of my time at Rockstar. This was a guy who everyday, would pull me into his office for half hour chats about nonsense and bullshit. Tell me I'm doing great and how I'd know if something was up. Except one of those days we didn't go into his office for a chat. We passed his office and went down to HR, where he bailed mid-meeting. Then he lied to me about what happened and started gossiping with Anthony LONG after we had spent loads of time shit talking and wondering just what the hell happened with him.

I went to this guy's block parties. We went to the beach. We went camping. Sad, really.
What do you think of Anthony retweeting GTA VI related stuff when it's obvious he wasn't invited back for even more obvious reasons? What do you think of Lazlow and Dan Houser starting a new company? Seems like they had conflict with the newer Rockstar staff (which you can find on social media being very liberal and very politically correct, which doesn't really jibe with them), left, but left one of the Houser brothers back there to stay as head of the company just to legally and financially have a connection to it.

Do you have any thoughts on Leslie Benzies, any notable interactions? Can't remember the whole story, but he was sort of fucked over by them as well. Rockstar has a track record of fucking over people, most of their VAs got the shit end of the stick, there's entire articles about the crunch culture with their game development, etc.

Sad that Lazlow and you had a falling out. He seemed like somewhat of an okay guy. I've never heard anything nice about the Housers.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
What do you think of Anthony retweeting GTA VI related stuff

I think it's an interesting look at mental degradation alongside brainwashing. The first thing you do in GTA5 is steal a car with Lamar as Franklin. GTA4 is about an immigrant coming to this country and doing crime. Trevor was a bi crossdresser who was secretly in love with a man. San Andreas was about a black gang in the hood. CJ's entire crew was black people.

So. What's the difference between then and now? The games are quite unfortunately, exactly the same. All these games have ever done is chew up American pop-culture and regurgitate it as satire. I fail to see how anything in GTA6 is any different. Rockstar's environment artists and research team is top notch. If you're upset with the minorities in fictional Miami, I've got some terrible news for you about actual Miami.

This is what 10 years of a 24 hour outrage-news cycle does to an aging brain. None of these things were ever a problem until he was told that not only is it a problem, he should be terrified of the problem.

What do you think of Lazlow and Dan Houser starting a new company?

I don't give a shit what billionaires do with passion projects.

Do you have any thoughts on Leslie Benzies

I don't think I ever met the guy. Don't forget not all of Rockstar is Rockstar NYC, you have shitload of big guys at Rockstar North.
I've never heard anything nice about the Housers.

I've never heard somebody scream as loudly and with such rage and anger as Sam Houser after the GTA5 code and song playlist was "leaked" on the PS3 store. I can't imagine what the 6 leaks sounded like.

NigelCumia

Forum Clout

What was it that got you drug into HR again?

Forum Clout

Who the fuck goes camping or to the beach with another guy in their mid 30's?

HomeRunCumia

Forum Clout
I think it's an interesting look at mental degradation alongside brainwashing. The first thing you do in GTA5 is steal a car with Lamar as Franklin. GTA4 is about an immigrant coming to this country and doing crime. Trevor was a bi crossdresser who was secretly in love with a man. San Andreas was about a black gang in the hood. CJ's entire crew was black people.

So. What's the difference between then and now? The games are quite unfortunately, exactly the same. All these games have ever done is chew up American pop-culture and regurgitate it as satire. I fail to see how anything in GTA6 is any different. Rockstar's environment artists and research team is top notch. If you're upset with the minorities in fictional Miami, I've got some terrible news for you about actual Miami.

This is what 10 years of a 24 hour outrage-news cycle does to an aging brain. None of these things were ever a problem until he was told that not only is it a problem, he should be terrified of the problem.

I don't think I ever met the guy. Don't forget not all of Rockstar is Rockstar NYC, you have shitload of big guys at Rockstar North.

I've never heard somebody scream as loudly and with such rage and anger as Sam Houser after the GTA5 code and song playlist was "leaked" on the PS3 store. I can't imagine what the 6 leaks sounded like.
Rockstar always had a way of mocking the hell out of all sides though, and they were good at it. I think people are more worried that it's going to take some political stand and/or just shit all over Republicans and "the right" in the usual ham-fisted way we see in the various types of media, and entertainment now.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Rockstar always had a way of mocking the hell out of all sides though, and they were good at it. I think people are more worried that it's going to take some political stand and/or just shit all over Republicans and "the right" in the usual ham-fisted way we see in the various types of media, and entertainment now.

I think you're missing a bit of the point, who was ever worried about what political side GTA was going to take? I never had that as a thought in my mind. Why is it a thing now? That's the problem.

HomeRunCumia

Forum Clout
I think you're missing a bit of the point, who was ever worried about what political side GTA was going to take? I never had that as a thought in my mind. Why is it a thing now? That's the problem.
Because everything is totally political now and people are worried that it's going to seep into GTA6. Yes, it is a problem, the "Culture War" is destroying everything that anyone ever liked.

Forum Clout
Really hate how people see GTA as this sort of newer seasons of South Park thing where they're supposed to be this biting satire of America. GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas are cultural pastiches of the time periods they were set in. There's little if any "political satire" and what a shock, the humor is still great decades later. VCPR and Chatterbox FM are still the best comedy stations in the games. I don't need the Housers trying to dismantle politics. Calling the scooter the Faggio as a takeoff of Piaggio is funnier than any political satire.

At most, VCPR sort of makes fun of liberals, but it also has a crazy redneck guy on it. It was just humor. It's not meant to be this big takedown of America, I hate that type of shit. It's George Carlin "clap, not laugh" humor.

I remember one of the Housers even saying in the modern era it's near impossible to satirize America because at this point it *is* the parody of itself. How do you satire this country at this point, really? It makes me wonder how "good" GTA VI will be really, because that comment was in regards to GTA VI, and I'm expecting nothing amazing from it. The original people that made the first few games great aren't there anymore. It's new people with different views on what those games are, which seems to be you meet a real celebrity playing themselves and do a heist.

I think the difference is that the staff for the new game are people who list their pronouns in the bio of their Twitter accounts, so that gives away the type of political mindset they have. I've found them myself and they're all people that whine about Israel/Palestine and so on, whatever you think about that, they're the type of people that are glad Rockstar went back and got rid of tranny jokes/tranny NPCs in GTA V. If you watch the GTA VI trailer, there's no real "comedy". It plays it extremely safe. I'm expecting a lack of comedy in the new GTA just so they don't rock the boat and can keep the cashflow going.

Of course, Anthony isn't somebody that is just doing humor. His Twitter account, even after almost dying, is just the same Stormfront race rants from 10 years ago. We get it, you old queen, blacks cause crime. And? What else? WE HEARD YOU.

Yeah, Benzies is Scottish and I believe originally at DMA Design, so you probably didn't meet him. Just thought I'd ask. I think he was responsible for most of the music choices on the radio stations in the games.

Fair enough, thought you maybe had some insight into why they left Rockstar.

Last edited:

BenDovid

Forum Clout
I think the difference is that the staff for the new game are people who list their pronouns in the bio of their Twitter accounts, so that gives away the type of political mindset they have.

I don't think you could be further from the truth. When I was hired there, I was asked for my preferred pronouns and that was back in 2012. Rockstar Games is a company. A very corporate and progressive company. It's NOT a frat house environment. It's not some wild rouge office. Whatever you think Rockstar is now, it was back then. The only thing to change is you.

I think he was responsible for most of the music choices on the radio stations in the games.

He wasn't. There was a team of two in NY listening to tracks all day long. Over and over again.

Forum Clout
I don't think you could be further from the truth. When I was hired there, I was asked for my preferred pronouns and that was back in 2012.
Were ya? Was that the same company that made the UPS parody in GTA V "Post-op" and had Michael saying "he-she", on top of the gay bar in the game saying "TRANNIES WELCOME, STRAIGHTS NOT SO MUCH"? Very few people were doing the preferred pronouns shit back in 2012, including transgender people. If Rockstar was doing that, then they're retarded. It's silly neurosis over gender identity and it's meant to detach it, so you can be some shit like a he/him lesbian. I'm not going to do some 4D Chess thing to defend that. The asking for pronouns bit is essentially meant to detach pronouns from gender and sexual identity, and only very obnoxious people care about that. It's making something that can be actually interesting (gender bending) into this weird linguistic prison camp. Besides the point, we're talking about the GTA company, but still.

Is this the same progressive company that made it in GTA 4 where Jews dropped more money than the other NPCs? Just wondering. This is the same company that hired Anthony Cumia to do VA work in multiple games. How progressive were they, truly?

Also, you say they were "progressive", you could be that as well as not being politically correct. Sarah Silverman used to say nigger and do blackface. Most liberal comics did racial humor without actually being racist. Were Rockstar sending money to Democrats, the same party that tried to get them in trouble over and over again over their games? What do you mean by progressive? Lazlow's out here joining the Peace and Freedom Party?

I saw them as mostly left leaning people who weren't interested in electoral politics. Truly, I'd like to know what you mean by progressive.

You do this shit where you say "YOU'RE THE ONE THAT'S CHANGED, MAN" nigga, we can go listen to old O&A. You were all making very cheap tranny and fag jokes. Don't act like you're winning some ACLU award anytime soon. I say this as somebody who actually doesn't outright hate you, unlike most people on this board. You're doing the shit everybody your age does where they try to act like they were always on top of whatever the current political trend is long before it was even relevant, when they were doing the old chick with a dick jokes back when that was allowed.

It's the Gen X/Millennial version of Baby Boomers saying it's easy to buy a house still. You act like you were always these progressive lovey dovey people when your humor was the crudest most inflammatory shit possible. Again, you were on the Opie & Anthony show. Who are you tricking here?

It's NOT a frat house environment. It's not some wild rouge office.
Danny, either you're lying or Rockstar is lying. They just had some stupid puff piece from Jason Schreier (A Jew I actually hate, unlike you) where he talked about how Rockstar cleaned up their act and isn't going to "punch down" with their humor anymore. They aren't a frat house, but they have articles like that coming out. Which one is correct?

It's literally called "Rockstar Games Cleaned Up Its Frat-Boy Culture — and Grand Theft Auto, Too". Drock, comment?

He wasn't. There was a team of two in NY listening to tracks all day long. Over and over again.
Alright then. Is there anything interesting regarding them? Were they left to their own devices to choose what fit best for each game, or were they given directives from higher ups on what to listen to?

Last edited: