• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Someone on the farms calculated piggy's earnings from his entire "writing career"

DanMullen'sRetardedNephew

Opie Simp
Forum Clout
Not looking good for our piglet:

15.png

So keeping in mind that the number $51k number is pre-tax, Piggy also has to earn out his advances (which I'm pretty sure he hasn't). Also, authors only get a small cut of their sales (usually around 25%). There is no fucking way he's earned enough from his shit books to pay Quasi.

DominusOdium

Well, somebody had to be.
Forum Clout
He made 3k on In The Black. And 6800 on Starship Repo

From Salary.com:
How much does a Waitress make in Milwaukee, WI? The average Waitress salary in Milwaukee, WI is $19,201 as of January 27, 2022.

Before tips.

The waitress serving him meatloaf makes more money... Alot more... than famous author and political firebrand Pigtits Patrick does.

DominusOdium

Forum Clout
Not looking good for our piglet:

View attachment 26120

So keeping in mind that the number $51k number is pre-tax, Piggy also has to earn out his advances (which I'm pretty sure he hasn't). Also, authors only get a small cut of their sales (usually around 25%). There is no fucking way he's earned enough from his shit books to pay Quasi.
He doesn't earn out his advances. That's why he was not signed to another 3 book deal. I called this years ago and told him so. Despite working in the publishing industry awhile back, he told me I was a child who didn't know anything. I told you well before Into the Black that you weren't getting another 3 book deal, Fatboy. Starshit Repo was a huge failure for a book they put the money into for trade paperback.

He started with self published books, got the attention of a small imprint Angry Robot, sold well in his first book for them as new genre authors often do. Especially military and hard science fiction. Which is how that book was marketed. Folks who read scifi are on the lookout for new authors, bookstores and publishers also promote them heavily.

They have it slotted better, pay for print ads, advances to stores, etc. They don't do this for subsequent books as heavily as you don't need to seed a second book so heavily. His audience didn't stay. A pattern he would repeat.

He got a bigger publisher on the hook despite shedding readers by 50% or more for Angry Robot. By this time he was cozying up to SFWA types and had that first book sales to tout. I'm sure some connections to similarly minded creeps and pedo helped here.

Tor then peaked with Gate Crashers and the promotion they had. Once they realized he was repeating the halving of the audience book to book, they saw the writing on the wall. He can't maintain an audience. A fourth book would've netted about 1500 bucks which is less than many self published authors. I guarantee JDA sells a lot more than that with his least popular books.

Self published authors can even make considerably more promoting themselves aggressively than 3k. Tor likely pulped a ton of stripped returns on the last two.

Last edited:
G

He doesn't earn out his advances. That's why he was not signed to another 3 book deal. I called this years ago and told him so. Despite working in the publishing industry awhile back, he told me I was a child who didn't know anything.

He started with self published books, got the attention of a small imprint Angry Robot, sold well in his first book for them as new genre authors often do. People who read scifi are on the lookout for new authors, bookstores and publishers also promote them heavily. They have it slotted better, pay for print ads, advances to stores, etc. They don't do this for subsequent books as heavily as you don't need to seed a second book so heavily. His audience didn't stay. A pattern he would repeat.

He got a bigger publisher on the hook despite shedding readers by 50% or more for Angry Robot. Tor then peaked with Gate Crashers and the promotion they had. Once they realized he was repeating the halving of the audience book to book, they saw the writing on the wall. He can't maintain an audience. A fourth book would've netted about 1500 bucks which is less than many self published authors. I guarantee JDA sells a lot more than that.
Damn, as someone who knows absolutely nothing about the publishing industry, you do seem to know your shit. Like that makes sense that they wouldn't throw as much money into the second book because it should sell on the strength of the first book. That's actually pretty cool to know.

So like what does "on spec" mean? Patrick says it a lot but I don't know what it means. Also serious question, say I was working on something and I was going to publish it myself, how do I go about like getting it printed up? (It's a comic not a book)

Pringle Can Lothario

Sir...don't do that!
Forum Clout
Damn, as someone who knows absolutely nothing about the publishing industry, you do seem to know your shit. Like that makes sense that they wouldn't throw as much money into the second book because it should sell on the strength of the first book. That's actually pretty cool to know.

So like what does "on spec" mean? Patrick says it a lot but I don't know what it means. Also serious question, say I was working on something and I was going to publish it myself, how do I go about like getting it printed up? (It's a comic not a book)
On spec is on speculation. He’s writing a book even though there is no contract. He’s speculating some retard will buy this piece of shit and publish it.

DominusOdium

Forum Clout

On spec is writing with no deal, no advance and no guarantee anybody wants it. Basically Tor didn't care to keep him after his deal was up due to the performance and trajectory of what they got, sales wise. So now he's got connections and is told "Oh sure, let us take a look at what you do next" and he writes full works, not pitches like he did before and hopes someone will buy them.

Is it common? Sure. Lots of authors do this. Is it a good sign or upward movement when you had a three book and they said yeah no thanks, feel free to show the next one around? Hell no.

Ladynyahh

The Hasidic Homeboy
Forum Clout
Could you imagine one of these shitty books being made into a tv show or movie?

In a sick way I hope it happens. Patrick seems kind of like the "I told you so" type. I'm sure he would let some of the rascals know that he was now a success and they're all little nothing baby childs. Endless content for da forums brotherman

Forum Clout
He doesn't earn out his advances. That's why he was not signed to another 3 book deal. I called this years ago and told him so. Despite working in the publishing industry awhile back, he told me I was a child who didn't know anything. I told you well before Into the Black that you weren't getting another 3 book deal, Fatboy. Starshit Repo was a huge failure for a book they put the money into for trade paperback.

He started with self published books, got the attention of a small imprint Angry Robot, sold well in his first book for them as new genre authors often do. Especially military and hard science fiction. Which is how that book was marketed. Folks who read scifi are on the lookout for new authors, bookstores and publishers also promote them heavily.

They have it slotted better, pay for print ads, advances to stores, etc. They don't do this for subsequent books as heavily as you don't need to seed a second book so heavily. His audience didn't stay. A pattern he would repeat.

He got a bigger publisher on the hook despite shedding readers by 50% or more for Angry Robot. By this time he was cozying up to SFWA types and had that first book sales to tout. I'm sure some connections to similarly minded creeps and pedo helped here.

Tor then peaked with Gate Crashers and the promotion they had. Once they realized he was repeating the halving of the audience book to book, they saw the writing on the wall. He can't maintain an audience. A fourth book would've netted about 1500 bucks which is less than many self published authors. I guarantee JDA sells a lot more than that with his least popular books.

Self published authors can even make considerably more promoting themselves aggressively than 3k. Tor likely pulped a ton of stripped returns on the last two.
So every October when Pigman brags about getting a royalty cheque in the mail how much is he actually netting if his sales are this low? I doubt he’s completely lying because he literally posts this shit every single October. But it’s gotta be less than $100 a year in royalties, right? Maybe even 10s of dollars?