• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

So, what do Jim & Sam do after SiriusXM goes out of business?

SpitballSparky

"Can we come over & discuss your daughter's tits?"
Forum Clout
So, I am officially at the point where I believe that this is the last decade that SiriusXM Satellite Radio will be a thing. There's no way that there will be enough boomer truckers subscribing in 2029 and beyond to cover the expenses of maintaining expensive machinery in space or paying for "premium" talent like Howard Stern, Conan O'Brien, Andy Cohen, etc. Kids don't give a fuck about any of those names and they'd literally laugh at your face for suggesting they "pay" for content that isn't even on-demand.

Which brings me to today's question: What will Jim & Sam do when the day comes that they close the doors for good on the radio studio? As made apparent by the fact that they're allegedly working for peanuts and haven't started an independent podcast yet, it seems like SiriusXM is their only real option for employment in the entertainment industry. Neither of them seem to have "fuck you, I don't have to work if I don't want to" like Opie apparently does. Maybe making sandwiches like Joe DeRosa?

Thoughts on any of this? Maybe I'm a FAWKIN' idiot for even considering that the mighty SXM Empire would ever fail?

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Solo shows for both aka Podcasts. Sam goes back to his basement show surrounded by sneakers desperately trying to break into the WWE. Jim goes back to comedy full time doing 1/3 size rooms he did back on O&A. Sam has a family so he needs to find something quick. Jim has a super expensive apartment lease so same for him. They would never do a show together because A.) Their initial pairing was happenstance anyway. B.) There aren’t dedicated Jim and Sam fans like O&A who want to see them together. They could take either / or. They would be bummed about missing the contract money, not the fact that they wouldn’t be working together or not having Sirius’ ingrained audience size or anything.

Edit: If i had to guess who’s worse off it’s Jim. Sam is a no talent but his ballwashing for the WWE along with his genuine interest and knowledge of it could land him some sort of spot in the company. Hell, he could even pull an Ariel Helwani and be the talking head for the sport, hosting a show where he covers the WWE’s past present and future. Jim on the other hand has no fucking hope. The Chip podcast is worthless. If he did a serious advice show it would suck. If he did a funny comedy show it wouldn’t hold up with just him at the center. He tried doing a talk show and failed. Literally the only thing he has is his comedy career which has waned since the O&A days, which wasn’t much of a peak to begin with.

G

Norton's on the record saying he's done after this contract comes to an end (his last YKWD appearance) as his mortgage will then be paid off. He's almost certainly full of shit and would take another 2 years if the offer was good enough, but it's telling to how he views J&S and his own self-worth in general.

I ate shit professionally in my 20s, knowing it would (hopefully) pay off, and it did. 30s, you gather what knowledge you have and do your own thing. If that works then you sell it and earn in your 40s doing what you enjoy on your own terms. And that's in my boring, straitlaced industry.

He's a supposed "creative" and therefore only doing what he enjoys, yet he's got it the other way round. Spent his 20s and 30s having fun at work and now stuck in a rut and turning up for the check in his 60s or whatever. I love it.

Carol's Stink Blaster

Poot poot poot poot
Forum Clout
Norton's on the record saying he's done after this contract comes to an end (his last YKWD appearance) as his mortgage will then be paid off. He's almost certainly full of shit and would take another 2 years if the offer was good enough, but it's telling to how he views J&S and his own self-worth in general.

I ate shit professionally in my 20s, knowing it would (hopefully) pay off, and it did. 30s, you gather what knowledge you have and do your own thing. If that works then you sell it and earn in your 40s doing what you enjoy on your own terms. And that's in my boring, straitlaced industry.

He's a supposed "creative" and therefore only doing what he enjoys, yet he's got it the other way round. Spent his 20s and 30s having fun at work and now stuck in a rut and turning up for the check in his 60s or whatever. I love it.
He wouldn't be able to pay the property tax

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Filipino Supervisor
Forum Clout
I think Sirius will have to do some major restricting to stay afloat. The only thing they offer that on demand music doesn't are their talk shows, but they have gone all in on some of the most head scratching celebrities. Like Oprah or that Aussie skate fag . Honestly, I'd dump Howard at this point, does anyone really listen to him anymore? He's only on like 6 hours a week anyhow. If that keeps Sirius afloat then Jim and Sam will probably continue to work there. If it shuts down, then Sam starts a wrestling pod and Jim marries his beloved Lothar and finally contracts aids and dies in obscurity