So, how many here were raised by a terrible mother?

Did your mother Fuck you up in the head?

• Total voters

Salted Earth Truffle

Eric Hildeman poked my no-no hole when I was 5
Just a reminder that we only know so many details about Pat’s family because he is a lifelong oversharer. He’s our number one source of embarrassing Pat info. Can’t wait till his brother logs on and bumps him down to number two.

The phrase “The older I get, the better my parents get” rings true for me. They both fucked up in profound ways, but weren’t capable of doing much better. I try to focus on what they were good at and remember they weren’t trying to fuck up their children.

Grandparents were amazing and it really bugged my parents that they weren’t as mean to their grandkids as they were to their kids. You’d think they’d be relieved but I think they were envious they couldn’t bring out that tenderness in their parents. But let’s face it, being a grandparent is 1000x easier than being a parent.

Harry Powell

Lyndon Evans Superfan
Just a reminder that we only know so many details about Pat’s family because he is a lifelong oversharer. He’s our number one source of embarrassing Pat info. Can’t wait till his brother logs on and bumps him down to number two.

The phrase “The older I get, the better my parents get” rings true for me. They both fucked up in profound ways, but weren’t capable of doing much better. I try to focus on what they were good at and remember they weren’t trying to fuck up their children.

Grandparents were amazing and it really bugged my parents that they weren’t as mean to their grandkids as they were to their kids. You’d think they’d be relieved but I think they were envious they couldn’t bring out that tenderness in their parents. But let’s face it, being a grandparent is 1000x easier than being a parent.

In many ways I considered my mother a psychotic cunt for most of my life. Then when my son was born it was like she transformed. He spills shit all over the living room? No problem! If I did that for literally any reason at all I would have been beaten and screamed at and then everything would be silent tension for two days.

It’s fucking nuts. It’s like they get a second chance at it.

G

My mom was a bad person and it shows in her life. Could have been a mawdel, but now suffering from early onset dementia and had a hip replacement and osteoporosis at like 56...All because the guy she nagged for 2 decades+ (my dad) had an affair on her in the most humiliating way possible. The meek feeble man, destroyed the boisterous "full of life" matron. Why am I describing it so calously...because she never loved me, not like her love is a blessing or anything (her favorite is my youngest, and a vegetable more or less because autism and her birthing him when she was like 39 or sumpthin).

Salted Earth Truffle

Eric Hildeman poked my no-no hole when I was 5
In many ways I considered my mother a psychotic cunt for most of my life. Then when my son was born it was like she transformed. He spills shit all over the living room? No problem! If I did that for literally any reason at all I would have been beaten and screamed at and then everything would be silent tension for two days.

It’s fucking nuts. It’s like they get a second chance at it.
Yeah but I’ve also witnessed abusive parents who were abusive to their grandchildren too. So I’m just baffled why more parents aren’t THRILLED their kids are being treated better than they were. It sure beats your kid being abused, dipshits. You had to suffer but that doesn’t mean everyone has to.

That said, if your parent was abusive to you and you let them be alone with your child, choke on a Pringles can.

My mudda was a saint on ert till the fawwwkin cancer took her. Old man was cool until he found a gold digging "molder" that turned him into a giant faggot that I can't stand being around. WWAW your pops suddenly being a faggot in his mid 50's?

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
Whether I am really Ray Wilson or not (I am, maybe, but ya know, plausible deniability and all that bollocks), or some random bloke from the mean streets of Greenwich, Connecticut, I can say something very true: I was very lucky to have two wonderful parents. Flawed, yes, and as I got older I saw more of that.

But do you know what those beautiful people did? As a young lad, despite the biases and prejudices they may have personally had, they never pushed them on me. They strived to be an example of moral fortitude and helping your fellow man, as loyal friends and pillars of the community. They still taught me not to blindly trust, though, but they always reminded me to give back if I could. It's why I started my Foundation - I could finally give back, and that's the biggest thanks I could give them.

And they supported my love for music, how fucking cool is that?

I had one of those shitty moms who pushed me so fucking hard in middle school and high school to have a 4.0 and be on varsity sports then go to college. Like the whole relationship I had with her for probably 9 years was what my future will be in college and shit like that. Sounds whiney of me to complain about, but if anyone else had an emotionless robotic tiger mom then I hope you can relate.

Dumb bitch. She cheated on my dad last year and they got a divorce thank god because they clearly despised each other my whole childhood, like throwing plates at each other and shit. Now she disappears to Mexico with a mystery man for six months out of the year.

She didn’t have a mother so she had no idea how to be one, so I guess it could’ve been worse. Still strongly dislike her to this day

Harry Powell

Lyndon Evans Superfan
I had one of those shitty moms who pushed me so fucking hard in middle school and high school to have a 4.0 and be on varsity sports then go to college. Like the whole relationship I had with her for probably 9 years was what my future will be in college and shit like that. Sounds whiney of me to complain about, but if anyone else had an emotionless robotic tiger mom then I hope you can relate.

Dumb bitch. She cheated on my dad last year and they got a divorce thank god because they clearly despised each other my whole childhood, like throwing plates at each other and shit. Now she disappears to Mexico with a mystery man for six months out of the year.

She didn’t have a mother so she had no idea how to be one, so I guess it could’ve been worse. Still strongly dislike her to this day
Did you turn out to be a success or no?