• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

SFWA financial disclosures 2018-2020

G

I have with me the SFWA's 3 most recent tax filings, along with their 1023. They have not yet filed their 2021 return, so we probably won't see any juicy lolsuit details. However Pat did say that the wheels started moving in 2020 after his Twitter was suspended, so it is possible that you will find some details in their 2020 return. I haven't gone through these yet so idk.

[URL]https://img.nanaimg.net/random/SFWA_990_2018.pdf[/URL]
[URL]https://img.nanaimg.net/random/SFWA_990_2019.pdf[/URL]
[URL]https://img.nanaimg.net/random/SFWA_990_2020.pdf[/URL]
[URL]https://img.nanaimg.net/random/SFWA_1023.pdf[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

DanMullen'sRetardedNephew

Opie Simp
Forum Clout
I skimmed through the 2020 one, here's the grants that they listed:

To organizations:

Screenshot 2022-04-17 at 18-08-31 SFWA_990_2020.pdf.png

To individuals:

Screenshot 2022-04-17 at 18-07-52 SFWA_990_2020.pdf.png

So it seems that piggy's legal bill wasn't part of their 2020 submission. I did only skim the document because it was pretty long.

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

My name's Henry. And you're here with me now
Forum Clout
Why the hell is a club for science fiction books paying for other peoples' medical and living expenses? Why do you need to be part of a club if you're an author anyway? Just write books and if they're good, people will buy them.

Fucking freaks.
When was Paul a crippled bitch?, he was begging for money online because of it

G

Also seems like they don't have to list the specific names of individuals they gave money to, just the amount and what it was given for.
That's how they're going to hide the Pigster's lawsuit funds. 1 person at 100k looks bad so they probably found another dozen people and gave them like $500 each and called it "legal aid" and now you have 13-15 people using $107k of funds.

BudDickman

Forum Clout
That's how they're going to hide the Pigster's lawsuit funds. 1 person at 100k looks bad so they probably found another dozen people and gave them like $500 each and called it "legal aid" and now you have 13-15 people using $107k of funds.
But over $100k went to Minc Law, so I'm not sure how they would hide that without committing fraud or embezzlement. Even if they don't put Pat's name or Minc Law on it, there has to be a huge line item for legal fees, or they could break them into several line items that total the same amount.

EDIT: Actually just saw that the columns for Part III are "number of recipients" and "amount", so they could try to make it look like they spread the grant across several individuals. But that still seems like fraud. The SFWA may have really fucked themselves here if they can't come up with a good explanation for funding a SLAPP lawsuit.

I also wonder if the way they account for the lawsuit funding would make Pat liable for taxes on it.

Last edited:

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
I skimmed them all and it’s immediately apparent they are run and operated by complete fucking retards. It’s not clear what they’re ethos is, what they even try to achieve. It’s just mismanaged and used as a personal ego machine for the benefit of a few perverts and freaks. Why does anyone pay into this shit?

how is it even a charity? It doesn’t do anything

BudDickman

Forum Clout
I skimmed them all and it’s immediately apparent they are run and operated by complete fucking retards. It’s not clear what they’re ethos is, what they even try to achieve. It’s just mismanaged and used as a personal ego machine for the benefit of a few perverts and freaks. Why does anyone pay into this shit?

how is it even a charity? It doesn’t do anything
It looks like the Schedule O form is supposed to explain the items appearing in the other sections, but I can't make sense of what they are referencing. I think whoever prepared this is just an incompetent dumbass. It might actually be that Rakunas faggot since he's the treasurer or whatever. I'm betting the IRS just doesn't give a fuck if their operating expenses are within a certain limit, but this $100k in legal fees might raise some eyebrows and cause someone to actually look at their forms.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
It looks like the Schedule O form is supposed to explain the items appearing in the other sections, but I can't make sense of what they are referencing. I think whoever prepared this is just an incompetent dumbass. It might actually be that Rakunas faggot since he's the treasurer or whatever. I'm betting the IRS just doesn't give a fuck if their operating expenses are within a certain limit, but this $100k in legal fees might raise some eyebrows and cause someone to actually look at their forms.
I’m pretty sure they can’t just spunk away 10% of their assets on trying to enrich one single member. Which is what they were trying to do.

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Forum Clout
I don't know what kind of interest rates they're getting on that $1.5million, but assuming they've got it growing at 1% then that's $15,000 a year in interest. So they lost 10 years of interest payments. Now, maybe they've got some good investments going, but even the best investments are not going to pay out 10% (unless they've won an anti-Slapp suit)

SFWA liaison

Heidi Hildeman customer
Forum Clout
they'll use all the vagueness they can get away with in the 2021 one to save face

I wonder if they have any mention of it on their internal bulletin, seems legit sketch if they didn't disclose it to members and funded Pat. Feel like if they have it would've leaked already.

Forum Clout
No note/loan receivable on the 2020 990 balance sheet, legal fees on the 2020 990 statement of functional expenses are only ten grand higher than legal fees on the 2019 990 statement of functional expenses, no large legal expenditures disclosed on the 2020 990 Schedule I. If SFWA spent a lot of money on the lolsuit, it will show up on the 2021 990 that won't be published on guidestar.org until around this time next year. -Matt from Tinder, CPA

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Forum Clout
Why the hell is a club for science fiction books paying for other peoples' medical and living expenses? Why do you need to be part of a club if you're an author anyway?
It's kind of a union for faggots, and is run by an "author" who has no business experience, sells fuck-all books (worse than Pat), but has coloured hair and whines about feminism and has thus been crowned Alpha Faggot.

Also, they've apparently sued Disney over author royalties, so I guess they do some book-related stuff.