• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Scorch

Ant_It_Fun

Big Time
Forum Clout
Looking back, the whole Jocktober thing was the tackiest radio bit ever.

Were they smart enough to do Jocktober as some sort of comment on the differences in radio formats and people's taste? You know, like a social commentary?
I think it was a look at how shitty the radio business had become due to companies being able to buy unlimited stations.

Voscabulary

the lord chief constable knows I'm owen
Forum Clout
Was Scorch a hack?

That word, thanks to the OnA show is a blanket term for any "corny, forced, etc humor". Did they realize they were at hack levels 75% of the time.

Scorch was just trying to have a good time, and he was miles above "Brother Weeze"
scorch is fascinating to me because he earnestly wanted to be a radio hack and was somehow bad at it. I think that's why his bits were so contrived; almost like he was doing what he thinks a hacky radio show is supposed to be like. it borders on being a masterful parody.

I legitimately respect him more than O&A, solely because they actually thought they were above other hacky radio shows despite being just as guilty of the shit they made fun of. just listen to their WNEW days if you don't believe me

Naked_Militiaman

Powdered Toast Man
Forum Clout
Not a hack. A hack is someone who is unoriginal. Scorch was constantly coming up with his own ideas—a little corny for some people’s tastes maybe, but they were still original. However, when O&A stole bits from Scorch like Feels for Meals or Wheel of Meat, they were hacks. Same thing when Jim did Chip for the 1200th time, never adding anything new to it. Total hackery. Hacks are generally lazy like Jim Norton. Scorch was always pro-active even if he forgot to edit out something in post here and there. :pfg_sm:

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Looking back, the whole Jocktober thing was the tackiest radio bit ever.

Were they smart enough to do Jocktober as some sort of comment on the differences in radio formats and people's taste? You know, like a social commentary?
It was only tacky because most of the shit they criticized other jocks for doing they did 10 fold. Once they had a Jocktober where it was two white hosts and a black cohost on the day Patrice was in. They were making jokes about how the black guy was an uncle tom only laughing at his white friends when thats ALL Patrice was doing in studio that day. “We would never fawwwwwkin say another radio nugget!” except Opie did all the time. Ticks and repeating jokes? Anthonys favorite. “We would never faawwwwkin call our army an army!” except for the few years they did. “These jocks are too old! Let some new guys take the fawwwkin reigns!” coming from guys who were 60, working for 20 years, and pissed when Sam got their show.