Saw the new A24 horror movie Men (2022) last night

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
I normally enjoy the weird arthouse/A24 horror stuff (Hereditary, Midsommer, etc.) but holy fuck was this movie was some dogshit. Almost nothing happens for the first hour of it and then it just becomes a lame body horror flick with shitty social commentary. I don't recommend it.

Cuphead

Is it about how Men are bad?
Woah how did you figure that out?!

But yeah I figured going in it was going to be social commentary how toxic masculinity and shit like that, but at least I can forgive that shit if you can show me some good gore or weird shit. This movie failed at even doing that. It was boring as fuck and the stuff at the end was just goofy.

Cuphead

Ex Machina was "meh". Could have easily lost 30 minutes. Annihilation nearly bored me simply from the trailers.
This was even more boring than Annihilation. I'm not even joking when I say almost nothing happens for the first hour. It's literally just this chick walking around the woods with an occasional naked dude popping up in the background meeting dudes who all blame her for her husband committing suicide.

Cuphead

Get Out led blacks to create sub genre of horror movies about racism. Women, being unoriginal but wanting to jump on the I'm oppressed bandwagon, are copying them but of course being incredibly boring.
I've actually reads reports that the test screenings for Jordan Peele's new movie are going poorly

Cuphead

Not a shocker, Us was the worst movie I've ever seen in the theater and was the only one I walked out of.
Us sucked.

Apparently someone leaked the whole plot from Nope the other day from one of the test screenings. I didn't have a chance to read it before Universal pulled it down, but based on comments I saw people basically said that all the shots in the trailer are from nightmare sequences so the trailer is super misleading and the actual mystery in the movie isn't very interesting. Also, the VFX effects look like absolute shit is what multiple people have said. Rumors are going around the studio might delay it to do some reshoots and work on the effects.

Honestly, I kind of hope this is Peele's first flop so people will stop treating him like he's some master of horror. He had one good original film, but it was more of a horror comedy than straight horror. Us sucked and his Twilight Zone reboot was fucking awful as well. I'm not saying he's completely untalented, but he's not a good writer.