• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Review: New Curb Your Enthusiasm (6/10)

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Bit surprised it came back so quick. Compared to most things, pretty good. Compared to previous Curb. Not great. Too long. I don't need 40 minute season premieres.

They kind of gloss over Covid which is good. I might not watch in HD anymore because it's kind of depressing how old they're all getting. Even Jon Hamm looked a bit dried out. Lucy Liu still looked really bangable though.

G

This just reminded me that I forgot to mention LD as one of my favorite Jews in the other thread.

There’s a reason why Larry despite being the creator of Seinfeld is rarely mentioned. Makes a subplot making fun of the Holocaust twice, jokes about Asians eating dogs, doesn’t create patronizing black characters (Leon! ‘Get up in that ass, Larry!’), makes nice with a hot broad Palestinian after mocking Hasidic women.

He also did a pretty a funny season working with my favorite Mel who isn’t an actual white man that also displayed David Schwimmer (Friends fag) as the worthless utter cunt everyone pretends he isn’t.

Same thing with the gays (no hate, Carol. Come back, sweet princess! and fuck you Logan) ‘You’re him! You’re Steve the gay choreographer!’

tl;dr ‘What’s not to like?!’

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Always confused when they have celebrities play characters instead of themselves. Last episode had Laura Kightlinger play Albert Brooks's girlfriend, but not herself. I could totally buy Laura Kightlinger gave up and decided to golddig with an old Jew. Then the new one had Vince Vaughn play a business guy, but he played himself on an earlier season.

Stent

The Black Scorpion
I watched the second episode and he couldn't say a dog's name because it was stupid and so it got ran over by a car, but they also had to say it wasn't really hurt, and an actor saw it happen so then he doesn't want to be in Larry's new show since he loves dogs. Holy shit has the writing in that show fallen off a cliff.

G

Patton Oswalt was in it and improvised the line, "Make sure to invest in cryptocurrency! Just kidding, that stuff's for nerds and nazis".

Very funny line. I wish I could retweet it.

O-BLOCK NIGGA!

Ask me about my cock size
Larry always keeps it tight, writing-wise: Only has the same 3 Jews around him, spouting off episode ideas (some or most are from Seinfeld I believe).

When he did the "war" episode; triggering the PTSD of Suzie's daughter's husband - who served in Iraq - with the "Red Coats" of the Revolutionary War re-enactors, which dovetailed into the guys who just happened to be valets of Larry's country club with red vests...that was so goddamn funny, that - for me - put Larry in the "cool Jew category" with Mel Brooks, Harvey Korman, etc.

Last edited:

JoshFromMichigan

I miss Norm
I watched the first 3 episodes last night. The middling and stage 4 advice felt like classic Curb, but everything else has been pretty forgettable or downright terrible. They need to finish up that Mexican girl storyline already. It's really bad.

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
Larry always keeps it tight, writing-wise: Only has the same 3 Jews around him, spouting off episode ideas (some or most are from Seinfeld I believe).

When he did the "war" episode; triggering the PTSD of Suzie's daughter's husband - who served in Iraq - with the "Red Coats" of the Revolutionary War re-enactors, which dovetailed into the guys who just happened to be valets of Larry's country club with red vests...that was so goddamn funny, that - for me - put Larry in the "cool Jew category" with Mel Brooks, Harvey Korman, etc.
That's the same episode where he "opens the window" for the valet I believe. useful analogy for the benefit of keeping your distance from most neighbors or NPC daily encounter people