Reacher

G

New Prime show. 3 episodes in and enjoying it. It's a bit cheesy but then so are the books. The original character is a 6'5 swole psycho with a personal moral code so having midget Cruise play him in the movie was ridiculous. So far it's faithful to the book it's based on, it's not PC and there's some great violence (again, faithful to the books.)

Stent

Knee Deep in the Hoopla
I thought he was supposed to be more of a homeless looking guy than a handsome cleancut aryan looking guy. I never read the books or saw the movie so I don't even know why I think that.

G

I thought he was supposed to be more of a homeless looking guy than a handsome cleancut aryan looking guy. I never read the books or saw the movie so I don't even know why I think that.
No, you're right. In the books he's often mistaken for a bum, albeit a 6'5 one who can kill with his hands. The guy who plays him in the show looks more like a Men's Health cover model but at least he's not a shrimp like Cruise and convinces somewhat in the fight scenes.

G

Tom Cruise gets alot of flack for his behavior on interviews etc...but he's like on an autistic level of genius at taking on roles. He's up there... acting as a 'thing' was created for people like him.
Cruise deserved an Oscar for Born on the 4th. Shame he got into Scientology and had to go the franchise blockbuster star route to pay for their nuttiness. The guy has shown serious acting chops at a few points in his career. And I wanted to hate him as Reacher. He was totally wrong for the part but bought the rights in hopes of another successful franchise. I didn't love it but I also didn't hate it. Motherfucker can carry a movie in a way that 99.9% of actors can't.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Tom Cruise gets alot of flack for his behavior on interviews etc...but he's like on an autistic level of genius at taking on roles. He's up there... acting as a 'thing' was created for people like him.
Also he is insane for the stunts he does. I put him up there with Jackie Chan in "how did they never die doing the shit they pulled". This shit gives me anxiety when I watch it.

Sputnik

Females arent funny
Just picked it up and on episode 2. It’s definitely a bowl of cheese with some of the military stuff and I can’t see this guy as anyone but Thad Castle from Blue mountain state. It’s good shit. Between that and peacemaker my old lady is seeing too many hard bodies. Anyone know when Pat will be on the science channel?

G

there any hot sloots in the show?
Actually no, not really. Not for my taste anyway. The chink Lois Lane from that Superman show was the closest thing to hot but she's past her sell-by-date. Otherwise the other 2 main female characters were a flat-chested 6 and a mulatto dyke. In a weird way though, the lack of women was a plus.