• This forum is dedicated exclusively to parody, comedy, and satirical content. None of the statements, opinions, or depictions shared on this platform should be considered or treated as factual information under any circumstances. All content is intended for entertainment purposes only and should be regarded as fictional, exaggerated, or purely the result of personal opinions and creative expression.

Please be aware that this forum may feature discussions and content related to taboo, controversial, or potentially offensive subjects. The purpose of this content is not to incite harm but to engage in satire and explore the boundaries of humor. If you are sensitive to such subjects or are easily offended, we kindly advise that you leave the forum.

Any similarities to real people, events, or situations are either coincidental or based on real-life inspirations but used within the context of fair use satire. By accepting this disclaimer, you acknowledge and understand that the content found within this forum is strictly meant for parody, satire, and entertainment. You agree not to hold the forum, its administrators, moderators, or users responsible for any content that may be perceived as offensive or inappropriate. You enter and participate in this forum at your own risk, with full awareness that everything on this platform is purely comedic, satirical, or opinion-based, and should never be taken as factual information.

If any information or discussion on this platform triggers distressing emotions or thoughts, please leave immediately and consider seeking assistance.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Ray Wilson Song Of The Day

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
Enjoy the dulcet tones of Scotland's favorite son!

Excellent choice!

I won't say it's autobiographical, because it's really not... Well, not entirely. There's a bit of my experiences in this one, but to paraphrase David Lynch about his own movies, I like when people take their own views away from my songs. And I think many perspectives and relation can be taken from this one, depending on the person.

So to any of you here that have never heard this one, give it a listen. I'd love to hear your thoughts. As Gosia says, pokój i miłość!

ChildSpitTake

"He's ducking through the alleys!"
Excellent choice!

I won't say it's autobiographical, because it's really not... Well, not entirely. There's a bit of my experiences in this one, but to paraphrase David Lynch about his own movies, I like when people take their own views away from my songs. And I think many perspectives and relation can be taken from this one, depending on the person.

So to any of you here that have never heard this one, give it a listen. I'd love to hear your thoughts. As Gosia says, pokój i miłość!
You've never told us what Gosia really thinks about Calling All Stations besides whatever obvious polite remarks she has made to you about it

UnPRePared

You've never told us what Gosia really thinks about Calling All Stations besides whatever obvious polite remarks she has made to you about it

I never make her listen to my music, but she does. She's even helped make videos with me (I'm speaking of the music kind, the others are just for ourselves, baby child).

But, she has said CAS was a "nice album, just not your album." While true, I did write Small Talk, and had a little input on the other songs, so she's mostly being kind to my ego with that comment. It's just her way of saying I'm not responsible for what it became - such a sweet lass, but I don't really agree.

I was young, a bit naive, still a little green and too cocksure. I thought I'd get another chance to put my own stamp on what the band was becoming if I just waited out for the next album, and I regret that. And because I made that decision, when the tour started going south, I hadn't established my standing in the band enough to try and fight for what I believed we could be, given the time and patience. It wouldn't have changed the sales and Mike calling it quits, I'm sure, but I wouldn't have felt as powerless afterwards.

She does really like "Millionairhead", though.

ChildSpitTake

I never make her listen to my music, but she does. She's even helped make videos with me (I'm speaking of the music kind, the others are just for ourselves, baby child).

But, she has said CAS was a "nice album, just not your album." While true, I did write Small Talk, and had a little input on the other songs, so she's mostly being kind to my ego with that comment. It's just her way of saying I'm not responsible for what it became - such a sweet lass, but I don't really agree.

I was young, a bit naive, still a little green and too cocksure. I thought I'd get another chance to put my own stamp on what the band was becoming if I just waited out for the next album, and I regret that. And because I made that decision, when the tour started going south, I hadn't established my standing in the band enough to try and fight for what I believed we could be, given the time and patience. It wouldn't have changed the sales and Mike calling it quits, I'm sure, but I wouldn't have felt as powerless afterwards.

She does really like "Millionairhead", though.
Great answer. Can't say I disagree with her on "Millionairhead" either. I go deep with the Armin Van Buuren so the fact he liked that album enough to remix "Another Day" and "Gypsy" is just further proof you were on the right track with Cut_. Don't know why that was a single-album outfit or why you chose that gay-ass name for that band though.

UnPRePared

Great answer. Can't say I disagree with her on "Millionairhead" either. I go deep with the Armin Van Buuren so the fact he liked that album enough to remix "Another Day" and "Gypsy" is just further proof you were on the right track with Cut_. Don't know why that was a single-album outfit or why you chose that gay-ass name for that band though.

Nir and I came up with it. I'll let you take your guess about the meaning, but it's our inside joke. I'd never say that publicly on the record though.

It just turned into that - the intention wasn't to be a one off. The Genesis tour was over, Nir and I enjoyed working together, and Steve and I wanted to get back to our own thing for a bit. Paul and John were with us in Guaranteed Pure, so it was just natural to bring them on too. I'm glad I reconnected with Paul, because I met his sister Tyla not long after, who would be my future ex-wife (not a knock saying it like that, she's a wonderful woman).

If anything, it was the positive experience on Millionairhead that kept me going when Genesis ended things, because I had to reconsider music as my life. That was still a fresh enough memory that, after a bout of depression, I picked myself back up and started touring again. That's how I found that I had a following in parts of Europe, and the rest is history.

G

Nir and I came up with it. I'll let you take your guess about the meaning, but it's our inside joke. I'd never say that publicly on the record though.

It just turned into that - the intention wasn't to be a one off. The Genesis tour was over, Nir and I enjoyed working together, and Steve and I wanted to get back to our own thing for a bit. Paul and John were with us in Guaranteed Pure, so it was just natural to bring them on too. I'm glad I reconnected with Paul, because I met his sister Tyla not long after, who would be my future ex-wife (not a knock saying it like that, she's a wonderful woman).

If anything, it was the positive experience on Millionairhead that kept me going when Genesis ended things, because I had to reconsider music as my life. That was still a fresh enough memory that, after a bout of depression, I picked myself back up and started touring again. That's how I found that I had a following in parts of Europe, and the rest is history.

You truly are Ray Wilson or you are a severe autistic dude who truly believes he's Ray Wilson, in both scenarios you're a fucking boss.

ChildSpitTake

You truly are Ray Wilson or you are a severe autistic dude who truly believes he's Ray Wilson, in both scenarios you're a fucking boss.
1652043777846.png

UnPRePared

I love this story @UnPRePared, you are a great storyteller, i love your speaking voice as much as your singing voice.

Your mother sounds like a colorful character.

There's no mother in the world like a Scottish mother. Bless her soul.

And as for that story... Bloody hell, I had almost forgotten about that experience these last few years, because I don't talk to any of them, you know? That was almost fifteen years ago. But listening to it again reminds me why I always speak so fondly of Tony Banks - he really is a solid bloke. My issues were with their manager, not the group. Even Mike that night was rather warm; I think the stress of not meeting previous expectations during the Calling All Stations tour was more of a strain than I realized at the time.

I love cracking jokes here about them all to you guys for our amusement, because we can do that here, but I do mean this: Phil was very kind that night, and a charming fellow. I know the one chap here had stories about him being a cunt, but I'm willing to call that exceptions to the rule.

UnPRePared

The only way Ray Wilson can prove he's Ray Wilson is if he hints at us in some way in his music. Whether it be a small choice of words in the lyrics, a title of a track, or some hint in an album art or something.
It play pretty good. Kinda makes me think of America. As in, the 70s band. You gonna drop any forum themed parody songs soon?

Guys, for fucks sake... My most recent album was named "THE WEIGHT OF MAN". Do I really have to be any less subtle?

And @DeadWithoutMyDavid , I've skirted outright admittance here so many times - I mean this, I have to keep the doubt or I don't think I could keep coming here. Besides, the lolcows we all go after have proven they're relatively litigious. I can picture the headline in the
Glos Wielkopolski tomorrow: "Famous Resident Musician Calls Obviously Fat American 'Fat', Faces Lolsuit".

Can one man make a whole country PatPosters? Should one man really have such power?

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Guys, for fucks sake... My most recent album was named "THE WEIGHT OF MAN". Do I really have to be any less subtle?

And @DeadWithoutMyDavid , I've skirted outright admittance here so many times - I mean this, I have to keep the doubt or I don't think I could keep coming here. Besides, the lolcows we all go after have proven they're relatively litigious. I can picture the headline in the
Glos Wielkopolski tomorrow: "Famous Resident Musician Calls Obviously Fat American 'Fat', Faces Lolsuit".

Can one man make a whole country PatPosters? Should one man really have such power?
Yes with the subtle question.

Name a track "aRTie the spic" and we'll believe ya!