• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Peter Gabriel is now Patposting

Udders

Great food
Forum Clout
@UnPRePared comment?
1000004180.jpg

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
I'm sorry if I was rude. It's the semen retention that is causing me some mood swings lately. Doing it on/off for almost half a day now, but it's been mostly beneficial for me.

You didn't catch my Dan-ism?

That's ok, I wasn't wearing a helmet to protect myself, nor was Alicja scrubbing the toilet.

Excuse me while I work on my seven hour podcast to discuss ten minutes of material I stole from a website that CLEARLY knows how important I am.

:dm_large:

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Love Peter and all, but I'll never understand the dress up bit back in the day.

WWAWD Peter Gabriel being an LGBTQ trailblazer?
Real faggy theatre kid energy going on there. “No Tony, we can’t just play the songs. Give me that fox head and dress.” Nigga was the original furry. Imagine trying to play a 9/8 section meanwhile that lanky creep with his head shaved down the middle is changing into his giant STD costume.

UnPRePared

Forum Clout
Real faggy theatre kid energy going on there. “No Tony, we can’t just play the songs. Give me that fox head and dress.” Nigga was the original furry. Imagine trying to play a 9/8 section meanwhile that lanky creep with his head shaved down the middle is changing into his giant STD costume.

Tony and Mike said it was an impulsive choice at the time for Peter, and he ran with it when he noticed it got them much needed attention. Tony didn't necessarily expect him to BUILD on it, but the logic was "you stand pat, you get forgotten. You escalate, you keep being noticed", hence the stage shows themselves become more elaborate.

I don't think him or Mike missed those days at all. I pled with them to play more of the old songs and it always fell on deaf ears - even that clusterfuck of an encore in Italy didn't change their mind.

But on the plus side, I didn't have to wear a dress, either.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Tony and Mike said it was an impulsive choice at the time for Peter, and he ran with it when he noticed it got them much needed attention. Tony didn't necessarily expect him to BUILD on it, but the logic was "you stand pat, you get forgotten. You escalate, you keep being noticed", hence the stage shows themselves become more elaborate.

I don't think him or Mike missed those days at all. I pled with them to play more of the old songs and it always fell on deaf ears - even that clusterfuck of an encore in Italy didn't change their mind.

But on the plus side, I didn't have to wear a dress, either.
They really hit their limit with the Lamb, Rayster. Its one thing to dress up as the character you’re singing about, it’s another thing to literally act out an entire album on stage. The fact that he would enter a giant cocoon and come out naked after In The Cage is distracting enough, but like I said then he gets into the giant STD costume and it becomes a little distracting more than simply adding to the experience. Especially because the Lamb was so complex I can imagine Phil, Tony, Mike, and Steve all really wanting their music to shine through speaking how hard it was to write AND perform, and the dude sashaying around stage with big blinking lights on him couldn’t have helped.

I understand why they couldn’t go back to the old days - We’ve been over this before. Sadly those Disney soundtracks and the commercial success of Duke was too powerful, compounded with Steve leaving of course.

The sad thing is Ray is you got talent, kid. I think if you joined the band back in 1986+ you’d have been apart of some of their biggest hits. Sadly even though Mike and Tony were the workhorses it seems like by the end they just lost what they had. It’s sad, Ray. It’s sad.

UnPRePared

Forum Clout
They really hit their limit with the Lamb, Rayster. Its one thing to dress up as the character you’re singing about, it’s another thing to literally act out an entire album on stage. The fact that he would enter a giant cocoon and come out naked after In The Cage is distracting enough, but like I said then he gets into the giant STD costume and it becomes a little distracting more than simply adding to the experience. Especially because the Lamb was so complex I can imagine Phil, Tony, Mike, and Steve all really wanting their music to shine through speaking how hard it was to write AND perform, and the dude sashaying around stage with big blinking lights on him couldn’t have helped.

I understand why they couldn’t go back to the old days - We’ve been over this before. Sadly those Disney soundtracks and the commercial success of Duke was too powerful, compounded with Steve leaving of course.

The sad thing is Ray is you got talent, kid. I think if you joined the band back in 1986+ you’d have been apart of some of their biggest hits. Sadly even though Mike and Tony were the workhorses it seems like by the end they just lost what they had. It’s sad, Ray. It’s sad.

It wasn't often, but there were times they would share stories with me of those old days. They all loved each other, and judging from the documentary and the last tour, they still do.

Lamb was a shit show to create, and they told me this. Nearly broke the whole fucking band. Still seemed like a sore subject even back in 97/98, though I would think that's changed by now, especially with their success.

The seventies were a weird time, Suester.