• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Pete Holmes hate thread

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
He's a prime example of someone who should be a behind the scenes guy in comedy.

He's not untalented, he can write. But as a vehicle for his own material, I don't think he really offers anything. He's not charming, and his nasally voice does him no favors.

Then again, John Mulaney went from being in the shadows to a financially successful comedian, so what the Fuck do I know? I strum a guitar.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
He's not untalented, he can write. But as a vehicle for his own material, I don't think he really offers anything. He's not charming, and his nasally voice does him no favors.
Projecting a little, Ray?

philcollins.jpg

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
He's a prime example of someone who should be a behind the scenes guy in comedy.

I watched some of Crashing. He was too old and stiff to play a young man starting out. Should have cast a younger actor and have Pete stay behind the camera.

Or, it would have been a better show if the premise was that he was jumping into standup late in life. He could've leaned into being an old, awkward dork whose Christian values clash with the realities of NYC standup.

Of course, the other problem was Pete was supposed to be Christian in the show, but would never commit to any actual Chrstian principles. In real life, I think he's one of those "real Christians vote Hillary" fags.

EraGodless

I watched some of Crashing. He was too old and stiff to play a young man starting out. Should have cast a younger actor and have Pete stay behind the camera.

Or, it would have been a better show if the premise was that he was jumping into standup late in life. He could've leaned into being an old, awkward dork whose Christian values clash with the realities of NYC standup.

Of course, the other problem was Pete was supposed to be Christian in the show, but would never commit to any actual Chrstian principles. In real life, I think he's one of those "real Christians vote Hillary" fags.
He was an open mic'er and within the first couple of weeks in his standup career he was crashing on Artie Lange's couch.