Pat wrote a Christmas short story about a kid killing his father

DanMullen'sRetardedNephew

Opie Simp
It's Christmas where I am so I thought I would share something that many probably haven't seen yet.

On the first day of Robot Christmas, our machine overlords gave to me: “Black Friday,” an original short story by Patrick S. Tomlinson about a real War on Christmas.

Black Friday
The fools, the damned fools, Garth cursed to himself.
Carefully, Garth Earl Jenkins sharpened his battle wreath while his wife organized ornaments into egg cartons, pins ready to pull. Their eldest boy, Dale, wrapped satchel charges in holiday paper.
Ack! Holiday paper! Even Garth was doing it. He had to be careful, even inside his own head. The signs had been there for years. Small at first, so’s you wouldn’t notice. Happy Holiday signs, towns holding Winter Festivals, red cups at coffee shops. But Garth had seen it. Seen it all coming from miles away. But no one listened ‘til it was too late.
Now, Black Friday had come, the day the War on Christmas went hot.
“How many more of them ‘ornaments’ left to pack, Gretchen?”
His wife took a long drag from her Virginia Slim, then looked to the pile of glass orbs, each packed with two ounces of C4 coated in BB’s. “Three dozen? Will that be enough?”
“It’ll have to be,” Garth said solemnly.
The annual war on Christmas has ramped up to greater heights each year. But this season, everything went to hell. Emboldened by their victory in Times Square, the Happy Holidays Organization (H2O) began pulping Christmas trees, then used the paper to print up pamphlets warning of the dangers gingerbread houses posed to people with gluten sensitivity.
A patriot in Savanah tried to put a stop to it, but got swarmed and fed through the wood-chipper. Bill O’Reiley spread word of his sacrifice faster than spilled eggnog, and by the end of the week, sleeper cells across the country had been activated. The Jenkins home was one such cell. There were hundreds more hidden in trailer parks and cull-du-sacs throughout the city. The counter attack came tonight. As long as Dale got those damned satchel charges wrapped proper.
“What are you doin’, boy? Who taught you how to fold corners like that? They look like grandma June done them with her shaky hands.”
“Sorry, Pop.”
“Where’s your head at?”
“It’s just that—” Dale shut up as a light appeared in the curtains from outside. He moved for them.
“No, Dale,” Gretchen scolded in a whisper. “Stay away from the windows.”
“It’s okay, Ma,” Dale said. “It’s just Gabby on his one-horse open slay.
Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Slays were little more than up-armored sleds with a 7.62mm chain gun mounted on a swivel tower drawn by horse. Unlike snowmobiles, they were nearly silent on the snow.
Garth opened the door for Gabby. “You’re late.”
“I know, cuz. I had to stop twice to avoid DOA patrols.”
“The DOA is on the ground already?”
“I’m afraid so.”
An icicle ran down Garth’s spine. The Demonic Order of Atheists were zealots. They made the H2O look like choir boys. They’d already firebombed every nativity scene east of the Mississippi river and put tens of thousands of Salvation Army bell ringers in concentration camps. They’d managed to hold their forces at the city limits, but apparently the lines had moved faster than anyone anticipated.
“No time to waste, then. Gotta get these ornaments and presents loaded. Double time.”
It took three trips, but they got everything loaded onto the slay with barely any room to spare.
Garth gave his cousin a hug. “You be careful out there. We’re going to hole up here for the night.”
“No,” Gretchen said. “They’ll need me at the hospital.”
“I’m not letting those heretics overrun our home, Gretchen.”
“I’m a nurse, Garth Earl. There will be wounded and worse before this night is over. You stay here if you must, but I’m needed.”
Garth gave up. His wife’s mind set like concrete. There’d never been any sense trying to argue with her. “Better go, then.” He gave her an enormous bear hug, then kissed her on the cheek. “Gabby, you keep her safe, ya hear?”
“Will do, cuz. Y’all take care.” Gabby snapped the horse’s reins and the slay slid silently into the night. The last Garth saw of his wife, she was feeding a fresh belt into the 7.62.
“It’s just us now, boy. Best get inside and douse the lights.”
“Yes pop.”
They sat alone in the living room, deathly quiet stretching out between them. Dale finally broke it. “Pop?”
“Yes boy?”
“What’s the meaning of Christmas?”
“What?” Garth perked up at the question. “Don’t be fool, son. It’s about celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior.”
“I know, it’s just…”
“Just what? Your daddy didn’t raise no mealy-mouth boy. Spit it out.”
“It’s just that Jesus was born in the springtime.”
“He was not! Where’d you hear that heathen ramblin’?”
“I read about it on Wikipedia.”
“Wikiwhatia?”
“Wikipedia,” Dale repeated. “It’s an online encyclopedia. Historians are pretty sure Jesus was born in March or April, and that December twenty-fifth was picked to correspond with pagan winter solstice festivals and the Roman holiday of Saturnalia to make their conversion to Christianity easier.”
“That’s H2O propaganda is what that is, son.”
“But I read that things like the Yule Log and gift-giving were adopted from earlier religious traditions and—”
“That’s enough!” Garth shouted. “Listen, Dale, the only thing you need to be readin’ is your Bible. All that other stuff is just there to confuse you. That’s what these monsters want, to test our faith.”
“I know, Pop. But, if people were already celebrating Christmas before Jesus came along, maybe it can mean different things to different people. Maybe it’s just supposed to mean family and love and being thankful. Is that so bad?”
“Are you listening to yourself right now? You sound like a DOA protest. Now quiet. I thought I saw some light outside. Gabby must’ve forgot somethin’.”
“Pop,” Dale said from the window. “That’s not Gabby.”
The bottom dropped out of Garth’s stomach. He jumped for the window to get a look. It was one of the DOA patrols alright, four men riding polar bears rescued from the thinning Arctic ice flows.
Garth picked up his battle-wreaths and turned to his son. “Dale, release the reindeer.”
“But those are polar bears, Pop!”
“I know what they are, just do what you’re told.”
Dale ran for the door to the garage where the reindeer pens were set up. Moments later, Garth heard the low hum of the garage door opening. The trained war-deer exploded out of the garage like a pack of wolves. As one, they set upon the first of the bears, slashing at its legs with razor-sharp hooves, trying to disable the beast. In a flash of teeth, Dasher’s neck was locked in the bear’s jaws, then flicked contemptuously against the driveway, his brains dashed into the gravel. Dancer pranced and Prancer danced, but they quickly fell victim to swipes from the other bear’s enormous paws.
“We’re losing deer fast, Pop.”
“I know, son. Fetch my Nutcracker.”
By the time Dale returned, Vixen had been vivisected, Comet was sent soaring through the air only to land with his head dangling at an unnatural angle, and Cupid had been pierced through the heart by one of the bear rider’s arrows. With defeat imminent, Donner and Blitzen retreated deeper into the trailer park.
“Dammit!” Garth shouted.
“Didn’t we have nine of them?” Dale asked as he handed his father the AR-10 he’d named ‘Nutcracker’.
“I don’t recall. Now keep your head down and keep my mags full.” With the butt of the rifle, Garth smashed out the window glass and sighted in on the first DOA rider.
“You’re trespassin’!” Garth shouted. “Leave now or face hellfire!”
Much to his surprise, nothing happened. The riders lowered their weapons and just… waited.
“I mean it!” Garth thumbed off the rifle’s safety. Sweat beaded on his forehead despite the cold. “What are they waiting for?” he said more quietly.
“This,” Dale said. Before Garth could turn to look, a stabbing pain unlike anything he’d ever felt erupted from his lower back. Then another, and another. Garth let go of the nutcracker and managed to roll over, just in time to see his son illuminated by the light of the window, holding a bloodstained candy-cane sucked down to a lethal point.
“Why, boy?”
“I tried, I really tried to tell you the real meaning of Christmas, but you was too stubborn to listen.”
Garth’s vision started to fade. His boy had struck true. “Dale, no…”
“I’m sorry, Pop.” Dale held the muzzle of the nutcracker over his father’s face. “If you see Jesus, ask him when he was born.”
Garth never heard the shot.

Outside, Sam Harris dismounted from his bear and approached his young disciple. “That was excellent work, Dale. I’m very proud of you.”
“Thanks Mr. Harris, but I don’t want to be called Dale no more.”
“Oh?”
“No. Call me Christopher Dawkins.”
Sam Harris smiled, his eyes burning the orange of the Fifth Circle of Hell from which all atheists spawn.
“Very well. Come, Christopher. I’m dreaming of a Red Christmas.”

I'm sure Freud would have a field day with this, if he could make it through the shitty writing.

Merry Christmas you fucking animals.

G

Party on, Garth.
's_World.jpg

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
It's Christmas where I am so I thought I would share something that many probably haven't seen yet.

On the first day of Robot Christmas, our machine overlords gave to me: “Black Friday,” an original short story by Patrick S. Tomlinson about a real War on Christmas.

Black Friday
Carefully, Garth Earl Jenkins sharpened his battle wreath while his wife organized ornaments into egg cartons, pins ready to pull. Their eldest boy, Dale, wrapped satchel charges in holiday paper.
Ack! Holiday paper! Even Garth was doing it. He had to be careful, even inside his own head. The signs had been there for years. Small at first, so’s you wouldn’t notice. Happy Holiday signs, towns holding Winter Festivals, red cups at coffee shops. But Garth had seen it. Seen it all coming from miles away. But no one listened ‘til it was too late.
His wife took a long drag from her Virginia Slim, then looked to the pile of glass orbs, each packed with two ounces of C4 coated in BB’s. “Three dozen? Will that be enough?”
The annual war on Christmas has ramped up to greater heights each year. But this season, everything went to hell. Emboldened by their victory in Times Square, the Happy Holidays Organization (H2O) began pulping Christmas trees, then used the paper to print up pamphlets warning of the dangers gingerbread houses posed to people with gluten sensitivity.
A patriot in Savanah tried to put a stop to it, but got swarmed and fed through the wood-chipper. Bill O’Reiley spread word of his sacrifice faster than spilled eggnog, and by the end of the week, sleeper cells across the country had been activated. The Jenkins home was one such cell. There were hundreds more hidden in trailer parks and cull-du-sacs throughout the city. The counter attack came tonight. As long as Dale got those damned satchel charges wrapped proper.
“What are you doin’, boy? Who taught you how to fold corners like that? They look like grandma June done them with her shaky hands.”
“Sorry, Pop.”
“Where’s your head at?”
“It’s just that—” Dale shut up as a light appeared in the curtains from outside. He moved for them.
Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Slays were little more than up-armored sleds with a 7.62mm chain gun mounted on a swivel tower drawn by horse. Unlike snowmobiles, they were nearly silent on the snow.
“I’m afraid so.”
An icicle ran down Garth’s spine. The Demonic Order of Atheists were zealots. They made the H2O look like choir boys. They’d already firebombed every nativity scene east of the Mississippi river and put tens of thousands of Salvation Army bell ringers in concentration camps. They’d managed to hold their forces at the city limits, but apparently the lines had moved faster than anyone anticipated.
“No time to waste, then. Gotta get these ornaments and presents loaded. Double time.”
It took three trips, but they got everything loaded onto the slay with barely any room to spare.
Garth gave his cousin a hug. “You be careful out there. We’re going to hole up here for the night.”
“I’m a nurse, Garth Earl. There will be wounded and worse before this night is over. You stay here if you must, but I’m needed.”
Garth gave up. His wife’s mind set like concrete. There’d never been any sense trying to argue with her. “Better go, then.” He gave her an enormous bear hug, then kissed her on the cheek. “Gabby, you keep her safe, ya hear?”
“Will do, cuz. Y’all take care.” Gabby snapped the horse’s reins and the slay slid silently into the night. The last Garth saw of his wife, she was feeding a fresh belt into the 7.62.
“Yes pop.”
They sat alone in the living room, deathly quiet stretching out between them. Dale finally broke it. “Pop?”
“Yes boy?”
“What?” Garth perked up at the question. “Don’t be fool, son. It’s about celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior.”
“I know, it’s just…”
“Wikiwhatia?”
“L

Oh...You were finished?? Well allow me to retort...

Post your contact info so we can sue you for libel.

Oh, what? You can’t do that? Why not? I’m sure you have ample proof to back your ridiculously malicious and false accusations of misogyny, alleged acts of racism, legal charges of pedophilia, and the rest of your bullshit buzz-words that are used by millennials like you, who with no conscience whatsoever throw around those once very powerful words for the sole purpose of gaining the upper hand and public support of your constituents whenever you get involved in an altercation. Problem is, most people have a hard time believing anonymous users on a site known for using these tactics in an attempt to damage reputations and interfere with ones right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (sound vaguely familiar?)

The core purpose your sub is driven by envy, jealousy, failure, having no sense of purpose in your life and the desire to be prominent amongst of your equally dysfunctional pals on your ever diminishing platform. They’ve now become the magically shrinking Opie and Anthony related subreddits. Good move not using an O&A related name.

You’re now constantly being attrited and for good and wholesome reasons...Good will always triumph over evil.

Read on:

What this poster hasn’t mentioned is that every last DMCA that has been filed by myself, either on my own or with legal authorization by others who wish they had the time and energy to do so, are completely and totally legitimate and legal. There’s nothing false or illegal about the DMCA’s that I’ve filed. All Photos and videos on the internet were taken by someone, therefore someone owns the copyright to every last one of those photos and videos. I’m thorough in my filing. The sub just has too many ignorant members that don’t listen to the more logical moderators, and refrain from posting photos and videos that are reportable. They’re blinded by their desire to have their 15 mins and more importantly by their very real and palpable hatred.

Reddit has too much to lose and will never take the stance of a “Kiwi Farms” type of forum that a few sociopathic individuals run in their Moms house. They’re doing the only thing they can, taking infringing content down. If and when Reddit Legal receives enough of those legitimate DMCA’s they shut down the sub. It’s really that simple. So for Johnny Cakes, Frunkass, and the other dozen or so sociopaths on that sub who suck all the fun out of what a subreddit is supposed to be... and fantasize about a lawsuit against me.... I have one word... SUBPOENA. Stop already.

I’ve filed 100’s of legitimate DMCA’s over the past several months, admittedly with the sole intention of having Opie and Anthony related subs banned. They’ve dedicated themselves to libel, harassment, and outright real-life bullying on and off the sub. Not just name calling and ridicule. I could care less about that. Their anonymity is what empowers them to post libelous and defamatory content. If not for that anonymity, which I believe is the reason for them not filing a single counter claim, they would find themselves in civil court facing a large number of defamation and libel suits by many of their “victims”.

There’s a reoccurring pattern of them using my intellectual property as Illustrations to accompany their ridiculous accusations of projected (typically) pedophilia, misogyny, anti-Semitism, Homosexuality etc... toward my family, friends and myself. They’re in the habit of using other individuals Intellectual property to drive home their abysmal message of hatred and libel.

So Again, there’s been nothing illegal about any of the DMCA’s I’ve filed. For me to do so would be a dire mistake on my part. I’m achieving the desired results playing by the rules. Why jeopardize that? REMINDER: This sub has gone so far as to brigade and bully my employers to the point of them letting me go from a few of my jobs, all in the name of “having fun picking on old guys”. That’s the only reason they’ve ever given for their atrocious behavior. This sub brigades to the point of bullying venues, agencies and other people in the entertainment industry into avoiding me, by utilizing dozens of anonymous emails and phone calls...many using the names of past Opie and Anthony guests, show members and friends to further try to get my attention and aggravate.

This particular sub consisting mainly of envious millennials loves to reiterate the fact that I’m 60 and for the most part retired (according to the sub”70 and near death”) and that I have a stream of income due to business dealings with my brother. They like to call it “welfare”, and are constantly mocking the fact that I have income that’s not worked for. They like to call me a leech. Why they do this is beyond me. In addition to the fact that they think I’m a bum, they put a large amount of effort into taking my work (which they call a hobby) away from me and my band members.

It became personal for me when the sub (and it’s 7 or so now banned predecessors) started harassing and bullying my 11 year old daughter, my deceased Mother, My innocent Sister, and my longtime GF, all for the purpose of trying to rile me up and get a reaction out of me to use as fodder for the sub. Interfering with my every day real-life has become a game of sorts for them, supposedly it was brought upon by a comment I made some years back. “You have no effect on my life”.... meaning that an internet forum that shit-talks people...especially people with any amount of notoriety, has the absolute right to do so, but in reality..does nothing to affect my bottom line $ or my real world reputation.

I support 1A, I defended that right, amongst others. by serving in the Army for 3yrs. (another fact that this particular subreddit seems to love mocking) People have the right to say what they want. When it became a “challenge” for the sub to get my attention, they took it to the next level. That’s where the line between 1A right and libelous accusations that damage ones reputation, employability and the right to live a life undeterred by malicious internet trolls was crossed. All for the sake of getting someone’s attention and having “fun” hurting a “boomer”.

My Reddit post karma alone is clear evidence of brigading. The downvoting that this comment alone will incur by the brigading, bee hive mentality of the O&A related sub shows that there’s collusion amongst the members of this subreddit and its moderators to do real life damage to certain people they see as “less than human”. Phone calls to my business and texts to my business number calling for my untimely death, taunting, horrific allegations...All of that means ZERO to me. Commentary about me and my brother written and posted on the sub, means nothing to anyone but the sub.

When my family became the focus of the Opie and Anthony leftover psychopaths, it Became a problem that needed to be dealt with.

I liken what I’ve been FORCED to do (DMCA’s) with something that I was always intrigued with:

When Chicago mobster and really really bad guy, Al Capone (aka The Sub), was on a rampage against his enemies in the 20-30’s (Innocent Family and Friends) the Feds couldn’t imprison him for murder (aka- the subs libelous and malicious harassment and real life bullying, job interference, Doxxing my 11 year old daughters info). They did finally find a way to make his empire (aka- Opie and Anthony subreddit) crumble though fervently prosecuting him for the the less serious crime (but serious enough to get the job done) of tax evasion (aka-Copyright Infringement). They went another way entirely to get the desired results for the purpose of removing an evil, evil man from civilized society.

I (we) will continue to report this evil sub and file legitimate and legal DMCA’s at every turn until it’s gone.

Stop interfering with people’s real lives and livelihoods, and we’ll leave your stupid sub alone. Plain and simple.

EraGodless

Black Friday
“Sorry, Pop.”
“Where’s your head at?”
“I’m afraid so.”
“Yes pop.”
“Yes boy?”
“I know, it’s just…”
“Wikiwhatia?”
“Wikipedia,” Dale repeated. “It’s an online encyclopedia. Historians are pretty sure Jesus was born in March or April, and that December twenty-fifth was picked to correspond with pagan winter solstice festivals and the Roman holiday of Saturnalia to make their conversion to Christianity easier.”
“But I read that things like the Yule Log and gift-giving were adopted from earlier religious traditions and—”
“That’s enough!” Garth shouted. “Listen, Dale, the only thing you need to be readin’ is your Bible. All that other stuff is just there to confuse you. That’s what these monsters want, to test our faith.”
“I know, Pop. But, if people were already celebrating Christmas before Jesus came along, maybe it can mean different things to different people. Maybe it’s just supposed to mean family and love and being thankful. Is that so bad?”
“Are you listening to yourself right now? You sound like a DOA protest. Now quiet. I thought I saw some light outside. Gabby must’ve forgot somethin’.”
The bottom dropped out of Garth’s stomach. He jumped for the window to get a look. It was one of the DOA patrols alright, four men riding polar bears rescued from the thinning Arctic ice flows.
Garth picked up his battle-wreaths and turned to his son. “Dale, release the reindeer.”
Dale ran for the door to the garage where the reindeer pens were set up. Moments later, Garth heard the low hum of the garage door opening. The trained war-deer exploded out of the garage like a pack of wolves. As one, they set upon the first of the bears, slashing at its legs with razor-sharp hooves, trying to disable the beast. In a flash of teeth, Dasher’s neck was locked in the bear’s jaws, then flicked contemptuously against the driveway, his brains dashed into the gravel. Dancer pranced and Prancer danced, but they quickly fell victim to swipes from the other bear’s enormous paws.
By the time Dale returned, Vixen had been vivisected, Comet was sent soaring through the air only to land with his head dangling at an unnatural angle, and Cupid had been pierced through the heart by one of the bear rider’s arrows. With defeat imminent, Donner and Blitzen retreated deeper into the trailer park.
“Dammit!” Garth shouted.
“Didn’t we have nine of them?” Dale asked as he handed his father the AR-10 he’d named ‘Nutcracker’.
“I don’t recall. Now keep your head down and keep my mags full.” With the butt of the rifle, Garth smashed out the window glass and sighted in on the first DOA rider.
Much to his surprise, nothing happened. The riders lowered their weapons and just… waited.
“I mean it!” Garth thumbed off the rifle’s safety. Sweat beaded on his forehead despite the cold. “What are they waiting for?” he said more quietly.
“This,” Dale said. Before Garth could turn to look, a stabbing pain unlike anything he’d ever felt erupted from his lower back. Then another, and another. Garth let go of the nutcracker and managed to roll over, just in time to see his son illuminated by the light of the window, holding a bloodstained candy-cane sucked down to a lethal point.
“Why, boy?”
“I tried, I really tried to tell you the real meaning of Christmas, but you was too stubborn to listen.”
“I’m sorry, Pop.” Dale held the muzzle of the nutcracker over his father’s face. “If you see Jesus, ask him when he was born.”

Outside, Sam Harris dismounted from his bear and approached his young disciple. “That was excellent work, Dale. I’m very proud of you.”
“Oh?”
Sam Harris smiled, his eyes burning the orange of the Fifth Circle of Hell from which all atheists spawn.

I'm sure Freud would have a field day with this, if he could make it through the shitty writing.

He cannot write dialogue for shit-- it's just so wooden and inauthentic.

BudDickman

This is just a fucking weak premise. "What if the war on Christmas was really a war, hurr hurr hurr?" I actually made it like 90% of the way through the story and gave up. Think about how bad it must be, that the sunk cost fallacy wasn't enough to make me finish this piece of shit.

RoTheHo69

PULL OVER DUMB CUNT

Black Friday
“Sorry, Pop.”
“Where’s your head at?”
“I’m afraid so.”
“Yes pop.”
“Yes boy?”
“I know, it’s just…”
“Wikiwhatia?”
“Dammit!” Garth shouted.
“Why, boy?”

“Oh?”