• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Opie & Anthony thought that right now they'd still be making millions a year half-assing a radio show.

Hitler

Forum Clout
Well, they did sign contracts that were worth millions a year in a dying industry. Luckily for Sirius they made it simple for them to fire their asses. You have one host calling 10% of the American population violent savages and niggers, while the other one was making scat videos with unsuspecting employees in the bathrooms.

Last edited:

The Talking Dead

My network, heart and book all failed. Hooly shit!
Forum Clout
You have one host calling 10% of the American population violent savages and niggers

And has tripled downed on it in recent years to where he's now posting gorilla emojis on stories about black kids dying, ensuring that no decent comedians want anything to do with him and making himself unhirable even if he and Opie could resolve their differences.

He's a smart one, that Cumia!

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
Forum Clout
Honestly they easily could have.
SiriusXM, or any "content" platform, doesn't give a FUCK about the quality of their content. Stern has been utter dogshit for 20 years. Shit, they STILL have Jim and Sam on.

Their business model is about getting feet in the door and lying to car rental companies so they put their units in. The OnA name at least had some recognition and probably fudgeable numbers to where they'd have value as a selling point.

Since it's all about appearances and nothing else, they thing they can't abide is controversy. Having a raving nigger hater would scare off investors, even if it wouldn't listeners.

I mean OnJ are the ones that broke up their own show, not the company, and Opie only got axed once little Mr. Nepotism got "sexually harassed."

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Honestly they easily could have.
SiriusXM, or any "content" platform, doesn't give a FUCK about the quality of their content. Stern has been utter dogshit for 20 years. Shit, they STILL have Jim and Sam on.

Their business model is about getting feet in the door and lying to car rental companies so they put their units in. The OnA name at least had some recognition and probably fudgeable numbers to where they'd have value as a selling point.

Since it's all about appearances and nothing else, they thing they can't abide is controversy. Having a raving nigger hater would scare off investors, even if it wouldn't listeners.

I mean OnJ are the ones that broke up their own show, not the company, and Opie only got axed once little Mr. Nepotism got "sexually harassed."
The lie wasn't to the car companies. It's actually a lie to shareholders of Sirius stock. They can claim they have x amount of listeners based of the amount of vehicles sold. Some of those people never used the Sirius free trial that comes with the car, but that subscriber count still remains and inflates the actual numbers of people listening.

I'm willing to bet less than 150k people are actually subscribed to Sirius XM.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Remember when Anthony was plugging Deep Discount and their pirated DVDs and Blu-rays.

Have you ordered from them?

I think what they do is just post discs and upsell them by a few bucks each. When someone orders from them, they just click to Amazon and order it input the customer's info and send it as a gift.

It's basically dropshipping and DeepDiscount has been affiliated with the show since WNEW in 2000... It could be Auntie's own money laundering shell.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
The lie wasn't to the car companies. It's actually a lie to shareholders of Sirius stock. They can claim they have x amount of listeners based of the amount of vehicles sold. Some of those people never used the Sirius free trial that comes with the car, but that subscriber count still remains and inflates the actual numbers of people listening.
They also inflate the listeners by counting every sub twice and some in the dozens or hundreds. Stern during his FM years at KROCK would tell potential advertisers that if a radio was on in a business that literally one hundred or more people might be listening at any time. Like supermarkets and hardware stores were blasting the Stern Show for thousands of customers and at any moment your stupid commercial would be heard by thousands of people in the shopping mall. And every car in NYC has two or three....or maybe eight people in it. So one taxi in the morning with the Stern Show might be hitting five people at a time. Howie Math.

Sirius pulls the same crap. If you leave MLB Talk Show on in your pizza parlor then every single person who comes in to pick up a pizza and some wings listened to the show that day. This is why those ratings books would force stuff like 'quarter hours' as being a qualifier for a listener. HBO Max was counting un-active subscriptions which was hilarious. Like they would give out promotional codes to people for "one free month" or whatever. And count those as being an active subscriber even when they didn't even activate the code. So someone would get an email saying "Free HBO Max for one month trial" and delete it. But then Warner Brothers just counted them as subscribers when they told investors the numbers.
It has to be in the 15million plus range at least but almost all of those subs are on the lowest paying tier and some are "lifetime" subs that have been abandoned. Then another 20million in phantom subscribers where the books are completely cooked on those.

If this government was honest probably every streaming media company would be out of business including cable and satellite radio.

BenDovid

Forum Clout

If I recall correctly Sirius was counting the dealership order as a sale and not the to end consumer, so even if cars sat on dealer lots for 6 months at a time, Sirius could claim another radio "sold".

Additionally they were counting something like 3 "listeners per radio" as Sirius does not equate subscriptions with listeners.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
If I recall correctly Sirius was counting the dealership order as a sale and not the to end consumer, so even if cars sat on dealer lots for 6 months at a time, Sirius could claim another radio "sold".

Additionally they were counting something like 3 "listeners per radio" as Sirius does not equate subscriptions with listeners.
When I sold Ford's we'd have commerical trucks sitting for over a year on the lot and would still have the trial going on.

Udders

Great food
Forum Clout
Have you ordered from them?

I think what they do is just post discs and upsell them by a few bucks each. When someone orders from them, they just click to Amazon and order it input the customer's info and send it as a gift.

It's basically dropshipping and DeepDiscount has been affiliated with the show since WNEW in 2000... It could be Auntie's own money laundering shell.
I bought a few times from them a long time ago, in the 2006-2008 range. Never had a problem, the stuff was real, and had better prices than Amazon on a lot of stuff at the time.

cliveowen

stlaker
Forum Clout
If you remove "fake bullshit that no one actually consumes or interacts with" from the world economy, like 2/3 of the money would stop flowing.
There was an article in wired awhile back about how a massive amount of Internet advertising is fake. It's mostly ads being served to Russian bot farms who get paid by Google/Facebook/etc for the impressions. It's not in googles interest to investigate too much because it will cut into their ad revenues.

Forum Clout
There was an article in wired awhile back about how a massive amount of Internet advertising is fake. It's mostly ads being served to Russian bot farms who get paid by Google/Facebook/etc for the impressions. It's not in googles interest to investigate too much because it will cut into their ad revenues.
Facebook infamously lied about video ad views from anywhere from 150% to 900%. The whole "pivot to video" shit killed a shitload of websites, and facebook was directly to blame for it because they were using those analytics to justify new business models. The entire thing was all just a game of "How much can I lie before anyone bothers to call me on it".

LockedHDD__Pot

Forum Clout
They were kinda ahead of their time, just could't get it done properly.
There are stacks of less-funny (O&A being funny is a different convo) who're making a good living reacting to youtube shit, & even Rogan credits O&A with his idea to start a show... maybe O&A would've been too old to be an effective 'reaction channel' type thing, but they definitely had 'something' at some point in time (although their old stuff sounds hack as fuck).
AntH & Jim were a pair of schoolgirl-type bitches & AntH seemed to lose his funny towards the end, bit of a shame really since they could've been king of podcasts... although maybe they were past-it by that time.

I guess we're the show now: this is O&A Raqio - you know how we go! & this is how we do it & how we rock it!