• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Oh yes, and I bench 250

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Forum Clout

This is such an odd lie for those who lift. When you tell people what you bench it's either your 1 rep max, or you say what you bench "for reps", usually meaning 5 reps. Since he didn't specify let's assume 250lb is his 1RM. If that's the case, then he's benching around two plates for reps. So why not just say "two plates"? Because a 250lb max rep is kind of meaningless since you would almost never ever train with this weight, because you can only do 1 rep every 5 minutes. You would train with your 5 rep weight. That way you can train without a spotter, which Pat obviously does since he has an expensive home gym.

If 250lbs is his "rep" weight then his max bench is 290lb. This is what a typical two plate bench physique looks like. Pat has such poor posture there's no way he can pull off this technique.

Screenshot_89.png

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
Forum Clout

This is such an odd lie for those who lift. When you tell people what you bench it's either your 1 rep max, or you say what you bench "for reps", usually meaning 5 reps. Since he didn't specify let's assume 250lb is his 1RM. If that's the case, then he's benching around two plates for reps. So why not just say "two plates"? Because a 250lb max rep is kind of meaningless since you would almost never ever train with this weight, because you can only do 1 rep every 5 minutes. You would train with your 5 rep weight. That way you can train without a spotter, which Pat obviously does since he has an expensive home gym.

If 250lbs is his "rep" weight then his max bench is 290lb. This is what a typical two plate bench physique looks like. Pat has such poor posture there's no way he can pull off this technique.

View attachment 185315

Why would somebody just randomly ask a writer that on the scifi subreddit? Also the account that question came from is suspended now. Wouldn't be surprised if every question in that thread was pig on his alt's asking himself questions.
The entire AMA seems suspect, stupid.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Why would somebody just randomly ask a writer that on the scifi subreddit? Also the account that question came from is suspended now. Wouldn't be surprised if every question in that thread was pig on his alt's asking himself questions.
Pat is a stealthygeek - he writers sci fi books and likes Star Trek but you would NEVER GUESS he lifts WEIGHTS! Whaaaaaat?!?!

G

View attachment 185347
But Patrick is also an insane compulsive liar

Yes, it’s beating a dead horse, nobody goes from 225 to 250 (adding 12.5 lb) on each side)
You either add two 5’s for 235, two 10’s for 245, or a 5 and 10lb plate on each side for 255.
Say after lifting 225 he added two 10lb plates and does 245. Nobody reps 245 and goes “ill add 2.5lbs” on each side, especially since he said he didnt have a spotter which would mean his max is 250 and he would be struggling just to rep 225,
It’s just a progression thats doesnt make sense. Two 2.5 lb plates, which is the only way he would get to that number, is negligible and ridiculous.
It’s like saying “i squatted 300lbs and wouldve gone heavier with a spotter”.
No, it’s either 275, 295, or 315.

Gympat just picked a nice round number to sound cool.
I hate myself for writing this.
Kratoms a motherfuckkeerrr

Midian9876

Forum Clout
Yes, it’s beating a dead horse, nobody goes from 225 to 250 (adding 12.5 lb) on each side)
You either add two 5’s for 235, two 10’s for 245, or a 5 and 10lb plate on each side for 255.
Say after lifting 225 he added two 10lb plates and does 245. Nobody reps 245 and goes “ill add 2.5lbs” on each side, especially since he said he didnt have a spotter which would mean his max is 250 and he would be struggling just to rep 225,
It’s just a progression thats doesnt make sense. Two 2.5 lb plates, which is the only way he would get to that number, is negligible and ridiculous.

I know I’m the only fag in the world that uses the 2.5 plates (I’d say Patrick too but I doubt he lifts) but last year after taking a break and finally having a spotter, I tried to do exactly 250, just for the fact it’s an easy to remember number.

Udders

Great food
Forum Clout

Nah bro, I love debunking Gym Pat. The numbers and boasts he makes are completely out of the realm of possibility, especially when he looks like a hefty bag filled with chicken soup.