Nice Career, stupid

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Laura going to this convention really sounds like this is the first time she’s going to meet her favorite sci fi author and fat political firebrand live and in person. I’m getting serious creepy fan vibes like you see at celebrity conventions and pig will be so sad that his only “fan” is some crusty old lady that doesn’t shut up about being in the Air Force.

00d4b94507f0bb2863fa9925df3e15d9.jpg

$1 is the best I can do

also im kind of worried that he's going to assault anyone that asks him to sign a book. found on reddit, etc.

View attachment 121817
$10 says he wrote 'on the spot' because he wasn't sure if it was 'site' or 'sight' and he was afraid he'd fuck it up again and we'd laugh at him.

Fucking this. I remain amazed that there’s such a market for this crappy fantasy/sci-fi dreck that multiple conventions exist. Bet it’s mostly all the same people showing up to blow each other and feel important for a few hours of their lives.
It absolutely is. That's why he's attending table-top conventions and why they even consider hosting a complete dud like him. It's all nobodies trying to artificially inflate the worth of their passion projects. They're all enablers in a shared mass delusion in which their wasteful hobbies are careers.

You see actually successful authors in his field like Scalzi and Correia visit cons for business reasons, but those are a handful of conventions which are actually relevant to the subjects they write about and are decently-attended. It's obvious that they make money off this shit or they wouldn't be doing it.

Rick will attend any convention which will host him. Whoever said that he snubbed PenguinCon because they didn't offer him a panel this year is dead on. It isn't about money for Pat, we've seen him gleefully waste hundreds to attend these stupid cons. It's doubtful he's ever turned a profit from any of these. For him it's all about being given the honor of special boy professional author status.