• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Need actual help from people who can code with Java, C# etc

G

My new job has some programming with these languages (object oriented) and I need to brush up on my skills. Online tutorials are gay and faggot... I hate listenin to nerd faggots.

Is there a tutorial where a hot chick with big tits teaches Java or something? Or something that makes learning programming less gay?

I'm sure you can find someone on Twitter.

1666993864373.png

Dougie's Hapa Daughter

Look Daddy! I'm on TV!
(assuming you are proficient in a diff language)

just build some fun fuckaround toy app in the language. If you GAF about video games, the entire backend scripting language of Unity is in C#. For Java, fuck around with springboot to make a site, and deploy it to Heroku. Just use shit like w3schools and the official documentation for quick checks of the syntax differences for whatever you're trying to do. For more complex specifics of the language, skim one of the millions of pirated book PDFs on github, my go-to is usually the Murach's for the language. You can find the PDFs of them for free.

Watching a video explaining a language bores the shit out of me and I feel like I learn less. I just build toy apps in the language if I want to figure out the intricacies and deploy it remotely to see how the assembly, hosting, and deployment of the language works. Otherwise I'll just fuck around locally or banging out some LC in diff languages. Also, C# is just Microsoft's attempt at making a shitty knockoff of Java. The beta version of C# was straight up called J# until Microsoft decided it was too on the nose.

Pretty much all video tutorials are going to be pajeets and/or shit explanations. Only exception, assuming you're somewhat webstack, this guy's channel for general web language trends and news is pfg.

G

(assuming you are proficient in a diff language)

just build some fun fuckaround toy app in the language. If you GAF about video games, the entire backend scripting language of Unity is in C#. For Java, fuck around with springboot to make a site, and deploy it to Heroku. Just use shit like w3schools and the official documentation for quick checks of the syntax differences for whatever you're trying to do. For more complex specifics of the language, skim one of the millions of pirated book PDFs on github, my go-to is usually the Murach's for the language. You can find the PDFs of them for free.

Watching a video explaining a language bores the shit out of me and I feel like I learn less. I just build toy apps in the language if I want to figure out the intricacies and deploy it remotely to see how the assembly, hosting, and deployment of the language works. Otherwise I'll just fuck around locally or banging out some LC in diff languages. Also, C# is just Microsoft's attempt at making a shitty knockoff of Java. The beta version of C# was straight up called J# until Microsoft decided it was too on the nose.

Pretty much all video tutorials are going to be pajeets and/or shit explanations. Only exception, assuming you're somewhat webstack, [URL='https://www.youtube.com/c/Fireship']this guy's channel[/URL] for general web language trends and news is pfg.
Great idea. I'm going to do that. I love you, TorqueJob.
I'll do something fun for the forums and make a game in Java.
How do I release the game file? Can you make exe's from Java etc? (16, dick)

Dougie's Hapa Daughter

Look Daddy! I'm on TV!
Great idea. I'm going to do that. I love you, TorqueJob.
I'll do something fun for the forums and make a game in Java.
How do I release the game file? Can you make exe's from Java etc? (16, dick)
Java kinda sucks dick for game dev tbhwy. I've never played with it, but the only real game library for Java is libGDX. To distribute it to desktop users, best way would probably be to distribute it through a burner github hosting or filedrop, and distribute the game JAR bundled with a JRE, as outlined in their documentation: JAR, JRE

though tbqh, most brothermen are phoneposting boomers, so if you want the game to be played, a browser based/web deployable game is the way to go, since then brothermen don't need to install shit either. Unity can be compiled into a webGL easily, and deployed for free to simmer.io or itch.io and link people to the URL to play in browser on desktop/laptop, and without any real changes to the codebase cross-compile to an android SDK and share that if people want to install and play it on android mobile. iOS app installation would require too much fuckin red-tape, so probs not worth it, but it can be done as well in Unity. Also, tons of documentation for all this stuff in Unity, along with lots and lots of free assets to use.

If you want to play with Java, I'd say use Springboot on Heroku free hosting to create the backend and template for a site that will host the game, then use some javascript game libraries like PhaseJS to develop the game in the web front-end with JS, HTML, and CSS. Then use the springboot part to save scores to a database or some other CRUD operations.

Java is 'simpler' than C# in some ways, there's less random weird shit than C# overall. I found it's easier to go from C# => Java than the opposite. Java at its core is pretty pure OOP. If you want to brush up on OOP concepts, just pirate some good Java book PDFs from one of the github projects where a pajeet has just dumped lots of them.

Mostly, get a hang of the syntax and DS of the language. Any further refinement will depend on what your job entails, what frameworks your job uses, what the CICD pipeline is like (if there hopefully is one), and lots of shit that is usually different from company to company and team to team.

Other random unsolicited tips (assuming you're newer to the field...):

Figure out what editor or IDE you prefer and get it set to your liking. If your company will comp for Jetbrains, I really like VS with resharper for C# and IntelliJ for Java. If your company won't comp and you still have a university email you can access, you can lie and get a student license for their shit for free for a couple years. If nothing else, it lets you install it on your personal computer to fuck around. Their shit has a lot of QoL features for compiling and managing a project, so it takes some of the pain out of it.

It will also let you get some of the awkward kinks of getting a working env set up on your own time before you start the new job so that you look smooth and confident when you start and get your work env configed quick.

If you know (or can figure out) what testing and CICD pipeline your company uses (jenkins, github actions, etc.) ahead of time, read docs and fuck around with it. They can be janky as fuck and a massive pain in the ass to deal with for deployment, so if you can get ahead of it before you join, you'll endear the Senior SWEs to you by not needing as much help. Same thing for containerization, esp. if they're not using Docker/K8s.

Hopefully you're going FAANG, since they'll cover most/all of this shit in your induction cycle training camp weeks, assuming you're coming in at a more entry level SWE role. If it's a smaller company, it'll vary a lot and depend mostly on how well your team keeps shit organized and documented centrally.

A random slack with your question in the first message upfront will make you way more liked by fellow SWEs than the pajeet "hello good morning" and waiting for a response, or the PM "can I call?" horseshit.

Avoid calls. Emails and slack messages give you documentation of what you said and did, and also act like documentation when you're trying to remember some random server migration address remapping shit that happened over a year ago and wasn't centrally documented. Also helps when people try to claim you said or promised something you didn't. If they force a call or a meeting, send an email afterwards recapping what you said and/or promised in the meeting to them. People in this industry will try to motherfuck you and its oftentimes when you least expect it.

Don't let the PMs and POs fuck with your head about your velocity. Lots of them (depending on the company) will play head games to try to push velocity to stupid unmaintainable levels. Don't burn yourself because it will never be enough for those types. Unless your actually getting PIPed, its probably headgames. And if you're at Amazon and you get PIPed, just remember that they pride themselves on their 30% churn rate and use the A on your resume to leapfrog to somewhere better. ALso, don't join AWS or any AWS team under any circumstance.

That's all I got brotherman. C# is gay, but it's used in lots of useful things and microsoft's documentation is usually pfg. Java is simple and really easy to get a grasp on if you understand the concepts of OOP. It's the frameworks and libraries that turn it into a fuckin mess. Enjoy.

chocolatehellhole

You are not creative, nor destructive. I am both.
Java kinda sucks dick for game dev tbhwy. I've never played with it, but the only real game library for Java is libGDX. To distribute it to desktop users, best way would probably be to distribute it through a burner github hosting or filedrop, and distribute the game JAR bundled with a JRE, as outlined in their documentation: JAR, JRE

though tbqh, most brothermen are phoneposting boomers, so if you want the game to be played, a browser based/web deployable game is the way to go, since then brothermen don't need to install shit either. Unity can be compiled into a webGL easily, and deployed for free to simmer.io or itch.io and link people to the URL to play in browser on desktop/laptop, and without any real changes to the codebase cross-compile to an android SDK and share that if people want to install and play it on android mobile. iOS app installation would require too much fuckin red-tape, so probs not worth it, but it can be done as well in Unity. Also, tons of documentation for all this stuff in Unity, along with lots and lots of free assets to use.

If you want to play with Java, I'd say use Springboot on Heroku free hosting to create the backend and template for a site that will host the game, then use some javascript game libraries like PhaseJS to develop the game in the web front-end with JS, HTML, and CSS. Then use the springboot part to save scores to a database or some other CRUD operations.

Java is 'simpler' than C# in some ways, there's less random weird shit than C# overall. I found it's easier to go from C# => Java than the opposite. Java at its core is pretty pure OOP. If you want to brush up on OOP concepts, just pirate some good Java book PDFs from one of the github projects where a pajeet has just dumped lots of them.

Mostly, get a hang of the syntax and DS of the language. Any further refinement will depend on what your job entails, what frameworks your job uses, what the CICD pipeline is like (if there hopefully is one), and lots of shit that is usually different from company to company and team to team.

Figure out what editor or IDE you prefer and get it set to your liking. If your company will comp for Jetbrains, I really like VS with resharper for C# and IntelliJ for Java. If your company won't comp and you still have a university email you can access, you can lie and get a student license for their shit for free for a couple years. If nothing else, it lets you install it on your personal computer to fuck around. Their shit has a lot of QoL features for compiling and managing a project, so it takes some of the pain out of it.

It will also let you get some of the awkward kinks of getting a working env set up on your own time before you start the new job so that you look smooth and confident when you start and get your work env configed quick.

If you know (or can figure out) what testing and CICD pipeline your company uses (jenkins, github actions, etc.) ahead of time, read docs and fuck around with it. They can be janky as fuck and a massive pain in the ass to deal with for deployment, so if you can get ahead of it before you join, you'll endear the Senior SWEs to you by not needing as much help. Same thing for containerization, esp. if they're not using Docker/K8s.

Hopefully you're going FAANG, since they'll cover most/all of this shit in your induction cycle training camp weeks, assuming you're coming in at a more entry level SWE role. If it's a smaller company, it'll vary a lot and depend mostly on how well your team keeps shit organized and documented centrally.

A random slack with your question in the first message upfront will make you way more liked by fellow SWEs than the pajeet "hello good morning" and waiting for a response, or the PM "can I call?" horseshit.

Avoid calls. Emails and slack messages give you documentation of what you said and did, and also act like documentation when you're trying to remember some random server migration address remapping shit that happened over a year ago and wasn't centrally documented. Also helps when people try to claim you said or promised something you didn't. If they force a call or a meeting, send an email afterwards recapping what you said and/or promised in the meeting to them. People in this industry will try to motherfuck you and its oftentimes when you least expect it.

Don't let the PMs and POs fuck with your head about your velocity. Lots of them (depending on the company) will play head games to try to push velocity to stupid unmaintainable levels. Don't burn yourself because it will never be enough for those types. Unless your actually getting PIPed, its probably headgames. And if you're at Amazon and you get PIPed, just remember that they pride themselves on their 30% churn rate and use the A on your resume to leapfrog to somewhere better. ALso, don't join AWS or any AWS team under any circumstance.

That's all I got brotherman. C# is gay, but it's used in lots of useful things and microsoft's documentation is usually pfg. Java is simple and really easy to get a grasp on if you understand the concepts of OOP. It's the frameworks and libraries that turn it into a fuckin mess. Enjoy.
:dm_large:

G

Java kinda sucks dick for game dev tbhwy. I've never played with it, but the only real game library for Java is [URL='https://libgdx.com/']libGDX[/URL]. To distribute it to desktop users, best way would probably be to distribute it through a burner github hosting or filedrop, and distribute the game JAR bundled with a JRE, as outlined in their documentation: [URL='https://libgdx.com/wiki/deployment/deploying-your-application#deploy-to-windowslinuxmac-os-x']JAR[/URL], [URL='https://libgdx.com/wiki/deployment/bundling-a-jre']JRE[/URL]

though tbqh, most brothermen are phoneposting boomers, so if you want the game to be played, a browser based/web deployable game is the way to go, since then brothermen don't need to install shit either. Unity can be compiled into [URL='https://levelup.gitconnected.com/how-to-host-unity-games-on-the-web-54cf7e8610ee']a webGL easily[/URL], and deployed for free to simmer.io or itch.io and link people to the URL to play in browser on desktop/laptop, and without any real changes to the codebase cross-compile to an android SDK and share that if people want to install and play it on android mobile. iOS app installation would require too much fuckin red-tape, so probs not worth it, but it can be done as well in Unity. Also, tons of documentation for all this stuff in Unity, along with lots and lots of free assets to use.

Very valuable information

I have used initellij to make stuff in java before. Is each IDE pretty much the same (so if I'm used to intellij, I'll be fine with whatever shit my company wants me using?)

Is there anyone on here who can host my game? @admin @Hitlerswag420 since I'm a fucking retard and will buy a host that doxes me or some shit lol

G

Mosh Hamedani is a pfg tutorial maker. He does C# not sure about Java. VScode is by far the best IDE imo though I think you're going to need some extensions to do C# or Java. That's all I got since I don't use either of those languages very often.